If Dany and Viserys Were Caught

LordStoneheart

Inspired by the "would you kill Dany?" thread, I'd like to propose another hypothetical choice.

There were two comments that stuck out to me in that thread.

ALSO, you can send people to imprison her rather than detain her. Think wards and theon? Apply that shit to the Targ children. Capture them, and toss them in a dungeon. Not that hard. But no one thinks of this....?!?!?!?!

Honestly, this is what should have been done. Robert doesn't need to kill them as children, but he should have retrieved them, shipped Viserys up to the Wall and given Dany over to the Silent Sisters. There were ways to neutralize them without killing them or letting them mature.

Amidst all the call for a pregnant teenager to be killed, I liked the suggestions put forth her.

So in this situation, Dany and Viserys don't get away to Essos. Let's say they're captured. Jon Arryn and Eddard definitely don't seem to be the baby-slaughtering type so let's say Robert doesn't immediately kill these kids. How would you neutralize them so in the future they cannot threaten Robert's throne?

I don't really like the idea of forcing Dany to grow up forcibly as a Silent Sister as I think religion should be a choice when one grows up. Viserys to the Wall makes sense but I feel like that's a little harsh for a boy younger than/around ten at the time.

Is there another solution? Could Eddard have fostered them, or at least Dany, and raised her to not think of the Iron Throne as a birthright? Could Viserys have been taught this another way?

I'm not sure that would work sadly. When the war of the five kings starts some Targ loyalist somewhere will seek the children out. I suppose Ned having one or both of them might make that more difficult but I don't see it not happening. Happy to be proven wrong if someone can thing of something.

Hmm.. Well I believe both Viserys and Daenerys would have gotten killed if Robert got his hands on them. Perhaps not right away, but with Tywin (/ Cersei) whispering to Robert of the danger I believe it would happen sooner or later.

But if I personally I would have sent Viserys to foster up with someone, and just simply filling his head with propaganda, and making him turn against his own family (people may say this is not possible, but believe me, harsh propaganda over years will work), but still raising him to be a good guy (or at least trying). Then I would marry him into Roberts house, and the same I would do to Daenerys. (In this scenario I am of course trying to help Robert, if I every found myself in such a situation I would never do this)

Amidst all the call for a pregnant teenager to be killed, I liked the suggestions put forth her.

So in this situation, Dany and Viserys don't get away to Essos. Let's say they're captured. Jon Arryn and Eddard definitely don't seem to be the baby-slaughtering type so let's say Robert doesn't immediately kill these kids. How would you neutralize them so in the future they cannot threaten Robert's throne?

All Robert, Jon Arryn and Eddard need to do is looking to other way, countless similiar case in the human history

Hmm.. Well I believe both Viserys and Daenerys would have gotten killed if Robert got his hands on them. Perhaps not right away, but with Tywin (/ Cersei) whispering to Robert of the danger I believe it would happen sooner or later.

But if I personally I would have sent Viserys to foster up with someone, and just simply filling his head with propaganda, and making him turn against his own family (people may say this is not possible, but believe me, harsh propaganda over years will work), but still raising him to be a good guy (or at least trying). Then I would marry him into Roberts house, and the same I would do to Daenerys. (In this scenario I am of course trying to help Robert, if I every found myself in such a situation I would never do this)

New kings need to kill all the old bloodline. That's how it works. Not doing so is to tempt fate.

Or you may join yours with theirs.

This is probably the truth. Alive (even innocent) they would be a danger to the new regime, a rallying point for insurgencies. If they stayed in Westeros, they'd likely be killed.

Yes, perhaps Dany might live (as a hostage) with the eventual goal of marrying her off to one of Robert's children or something, but it would be long years before that happens, and plenty of time for someone to decide to snuff them out as a threat.

Viserys would almost certainly be put to death so there is no male heir; Steffon Baratheon had no daughters, and marriage into another house would create a rival. Aegon was more of an heir but less of a threat, and they killed him as an infant. Robert did not order it, but he did not disapprove either. The most Viserys could hope for would be taking the black, and living out his life on the Wall. However, he might still have an "accident" after being sent up there.

They'd die. Dany has the best chance of being fostered but probably not. Viserys - no chance.

The only chance Viserys would have had would be to proclaim Robert the True King at the Sept of Baelor (publically) and then take the black. I just cannot see any other way. They let Aemon live.

The only chance Viserys would have had would be to proclaim Robert the True King at the Sept of Baelor (publically) and then take the black. I just cannot see any other way. They let Aemon live.

Aemon is protected as a member of neutral order. Viserys would likely spend his life as a prisoner of the king with Dany, die childless or loose his head.

Betroth Dany to a supporter of Robert's and induct Viserys into the Faith.

But Robert would have killed them out of blind anger. Dany would have had her brains dashed out against a wall, Viserys would have had his throat cut.

Aemon is protected as a member of neutral order. Viserys would likely spend his life as a prisoner of the king with Dany, die childless or loose his head.

It was suggested in the OP. I was suggesting the only way Viserys could have lived, so you made my point lol

Archived