[Spoilers] Sandor Prediction

Kaspiro

In the books, Sandor is left to die after being wounded at a tavern fight, one which happened without any tangible consequences for him in the books already. I imagine that their are two ways Sandor's storyline could continue now: he does not 'die' at all (which I find possible but unlikely, given it completely eliminates Sandor's 'redemption'), or that the show creates a new death for him (akin to Rakharo's new death in the Red Waste). Thinking of potential new 'deaths' for Sandor, I can't help remembering that Sandor is currently journeying to ransom Arya to Lysa Arryn in the Eyrie. Though he definitely won't be making this transaction, to get to the Eyrie he would have to travel through the Mountains of the Moon. Now, I'm sure many in the show-only audience still recall the unique and somewhat comical mountain clans from Seasons 1 and 2. I don't think, at this point, re-introducing them would be particularly difficult. So my prediction is: Sandor and Arya travel through the Mountains of the Moon, and meet with Shagga and his Stone Crows or some other clan chief and clan. Sandor is unable or unwilling to negotiate with them and wins the fight against them but is wounded. Arya leaves him to 'die', as before, and the story continues on as normal. Arya could easily travel to some Vale town (perhaps Gulltown, even) to get on a ship to Braavos, and Sandor could plausibly make his way to the Quiet Isle from the Vale. It would be a fairly good opportunity to bring some well-liked characters (I'm sure more than a few people wouldn't be adverse to seeing Shagga again), and stay consistent with the storyline. Thoughts?

Since we see Arya stabbing the Hound in the preview for the next episode, I'm guessing she is the one responsible for his eventually fatal wound. It's hard to say from 1 second of footage, but it would be an elegant way for them to part.

Your theory is interesting, but I'm doubtful that they will spend so much time on that storyline. Whatever happens, my guess is that the Hound's days are numbered and he won't appear on many more episodes this season.

He and Arya reach the Vale, but are barred from entering the Eyrie by the Vale knights at the Bloody Gate. Either Sandor gets into a brawl with them and is wounded there or he turns around and is attacked by mountain clansmen and is wounded by them.

Probably the former since the CV of the actor playing the Knight of the Gate has his appearance scheduled for an Alex Graves episode.

I think the theory of Arya doing it with her stab move in episode five is stupid.

I don't think Arya does any damage at all with that poke, it looks like she ends up on her ass as a result. The Hound's wound will come from a fight near the end of the season. I'm doubtful it's with any of the Hill tribes though because none of them have been announced as returning.

One interesting development is that Brienne/Pod and Arya/Hound are on a collision course going to the Vale for the end of the season. They may or may not actually meet up but both duos will certainly be in the same vicinity around the same time.

I like OPs theory about the Vale. It seems way more likely for the show to stick with what the audience already knows rather than introducing a whole new place (the Quiet Isle). And I think a battle with the Hound vs Mountain Clans could be very exciting! I'd love to see Shagga again :lol: although having him "kill" the Hound would probably turn everyone in the fandom against him :uhoh: So a random clansman would be better. I'd like that.

You're probably right that Arya doesn't actually stab the Hound. I'm sure they just want to make folks wonder by what they showed in the preview. If they do indeed reach the Eyrie, it makes sense that he's wounded there somehow. However, I don't think Arya wounding the Hound is a stupid theory. He is on her list, after all. I don't care how buddy buddy they've been.

I don't think Arya does any damage at all with that poke, it looks like she ends up on her ass as a result. The Hound's wound will come from a fight near the end of the season. I'm doubtful it's with any of the Hill tribes though because none of them have been announced as returning.

One interesting development is that Brienne/Pod and Arya/Hound are on a collision course going to the Vale for the end of the season. They may or may not actually meet up but both duos will certainly be in the same vicinity around the same time.

I agree

I think what we are seeing is Arya showing off her Bravosi sword skills and the Hound just laughs at her

Aryas stab never punctured his mail, so it's very possible his wound is received in the vale.

Agreed. I guarantee he's going to die as close to the Eyrie as possible so we can get another Stark children reunion tease.

Aryas stab never punctured his mail, so it's very possible his wound is received in the vale.

I was just about to post that Arya did not in fact end up killing him this episode, so his fate is still open to speculation.

Agreed. I guarantee he's going to die as close to the Eyrie as possible so we can get another Stark children reunion tease.

It is starting to seem like the writers are fond of getting our hopes up for Stark reunions, with Arya and Sandor at the Red Wedding and Jon and Bran this episode. I would definitely expect them to do it again if they aren't stopped before reaching the Vale, even if most viewers have lost faith in it happening.

Though the mention of Beric and Thoros of Myr did make me think. If he doesn't die in the Vale, is there any chance of Sandor running into the Brotherhood Without Banners again? I'm leaning towards 'no', because that seems like a scene Brienne and Pod are being set up for, but who knows.

Perhaps Sandor does get wounded and goes back to the farmer and his daughter to recover. After he recovers, Sandor takes up the farmers offer to help out.

I don't think Sandor would go back and grovel in front of a man he robbed. My guess is either he gets a wound from a fight along the road to the Eyrie, or Arya does it herself at some point. The fact that they made a point of highlighting The Hound's name in Arya's list of future kills could have been a bit of foreshadowing that his 'death' will be more directly caused by her, rather than just helped along by her neglect.

Perhaps Sandor does get wounded and goes back to the farmer and his daughter to recover. After he recovers, Sandor takes up the farmers offer to help out.

I actually think that would be a great reveal in a season or two after The Hound "dies." A few bandits swing by the farmer and The Hound opens the front door, sending the bandits on their way. WHAT??? He's ALIVE??? The Internet EXPLODES!

He and Arya reach the Vale, but are barred from entering the Eyrie by the Vale knights at the Bloody Gate. Either Sandor gets into a brawl with them and is wounded there or he turns around and is attacked by mountain clansmen and is wounded by them.

Probably this.

Well they pointedly (har har pun intended) showed us twice this episode that Arya wants him dead both by letting him know he's in her 'list' and by trying to stick him with needle. I think that's a fairly obvious indication they want the audience to believe Arya's going to kill him - but she probably won't. This was all done to work show fans up a bit. More than likely he'll get injured one of the ways people have already guessed at and then it will still go on as in the books. Arya might even feel a twinge of remorse.

Might even be both, since Rory said in an interview that The Hound has 3-4 big fight scenes this season, and we've only seen one.

depending on sandors role in the rest of the story , i cant see him being gone for too long .
if he does appear again in the books , the shows writers will want to keep the character going and only out of mind for a few episodes rather than a season .

Archived