Best Lines of 405

'… I heard his hair was greasier than Joffrey's cunt'

^^Lmfao that was number one

'I bet his hair is' not 'I heard his hair was'. The Hound's lack of knowledge of Syrio was kind of crucial to that entire scene...

Also did anyone think that whole debate about syrio being alive or dead between arya in the hound was a nod to readers?? Or something like that?

Why? Because show watchers are too stupid to consider that he may still be alive? We book readers are the only ones who possess the requisite intelligence to make such a fairly straightforward guess?

'I bet his hair is' not 'I heard his hair was'. The Hound's lack of knowledge of Syrio was kind of crucial to that entire scene...

Why? Because show watchers are too stupid to consider that he may still be alive? We book readers are the only ones who possess the requisite intelligence to make such a fairly straightforward guess?

What is Syrio other than a bag of words and fan fiction?

Hound was right.

What is Syrio other than a bag of words and fan fiction?

Hound was right.

My point is, Syrio is a fan favorite in both the books and show, and any potential developments involving his character wouldn't be a 'nod to book readers'. If anything, there is more evidence in the show that he may have survived his encounter with Trant (the last thing we hear is the sound of metal hitting the ground followed by screams from multiple sources). I don't know whether the awesomeness of both Miltos Yeromelou and Tom Wlaschiha caused show watchers to speculate whether Jaqen is Syrio, but there's nothing more in the books to support that speculation than in the show.

I guess I'm just a little sensitive to this idea of 'nods to the book readers' because (1) they usually constitute absolutely nothing at all and (2) they usually imply that the book readers are fundamentally superior to the show watchers.

Sorry for getting OT...

I like that they had Dany at the beginning to get her out of the way. I hate it when you look the clock and realize that it's 45 minutes past the hour and you just know they're going to close out with Emilia making some boring diatribe with that stupid smug look on her face... - 'iknownothingjonsnow'

:cheers:

:thumbsup:

EDT: Back on topic, Lysa and Robin Arryn (both of whom I hate in the books) were quite wonderful.

"Mommy said they'd killed your mother and they chopped off your brother's head... They killed my father too with poison [sigh]. I wanted to make the little Lannister baby man fly [chuckle] but Mother said I couldn't..."

This episode also featured some pretty tremendous Hodor's.

Archived