The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

I also like Prady. Still hate Sweeney and hope someone shoots him in the eye. And his wife has an annoying voice.

Bishop, Dulan and Kalinda...I predict death. Bloody and messy and someone going to prison.

This is all true about Prady.

And Bishop is scarier than ever. Kalinda looks scared of him even. I wonder how this is going to play out. For some reason I fear it's going to end badly for Bishop, Kalinda and Dylan.

Yah -- indeed, David Lee was online for the firm last episode. We'd come full circle. Speaking of being alone and lonely, maybe next time we'll see that nasty Canning twisting in the wind all alone ....

Gads, that rich Dem donor was disgusting. But it surely is true to life. The very idea that if one doesn't talk sex trash that trashes a woman, a man must be gay. That's unspeakable.

Great episode! This has to be the best use of a soundtrack we've had on a TV show in ages! And I always love to see Alicia's imagination/tactical mind at work - a whole episode of that is basically heaven.

I was surprised at the path they chose to go with Canning - knowing the character, I'm pretty sure everyone doubted it till the last minute.

Nice touch with Grace questioning her faith and Alicia asking her to pray.

The one thing I'm not happy about is where they seem to be going with Alicia and Elfman. If they kept on going down the purely attraction/casual sex/whatever road, I'd be fine with it, even though I don't see any chemistry between them and find him boring, just a generic regular attractive guy. But now? There doesn't even seem to be any point in hoping he won't be her new romantic interest, not after that last scene in the car. I truly hate this development, it's such a stupid choice on Alicia's part to get involved with her campaign manager. Sure, getting involved with Will, or Finn, is not a smart decision either, but there's more at stake now - she's a politician, dammit, she's supposed to think of angles here! - besides there isn't any emotional component from the past to her relationship with Elfman to justify a clouded mind here. And it's all so disappointing.

I guess this is happening because of Matthew Goode's bigger role in Downton Abbey now, or something? A pity; he has a lot more chemistry and potential for good stories with Alicia than Mary Crawley. I wish they would just let Alicia be single for good, no love interests at all, you know? It's past time that happened.

Anyway, speaking of Will, I still don't understand how their affair hasn't come up even once during the campaign. Alicia's image is all built around standing by Peter's side through all the sh** he made, and nothing would make a better weapon for the opposition than breaking the image of Saint Alicia. So, yes, it will be another disappointment if that doesn't come up until the election.

Shadow Will remind me of Ghost Livia Soprano. Just awful. Other than that, pretty good episode.

Anyway, speaking of Will, I still don't understand how their affair hasn't come up even once during the campaign. Alicia's image is all built around standing by Peter's side through all the sh** he made, and nothing would make a better weapon for the opposition than breaking the image of Saint Alicia. So, yes, it will be another disappointment if that doesn't come up until the election.

The fact he ended up being murdered in an horrific way makes it difficult to approach the subject. Plus, Prady would be against it.

This was rather great episode... And I really enjoyed the thought process of such lawyer turning politician, mother whose faith issues intertwine with her relationship with her daughter and horny woman who is mourning her late lover Alicia Florrick is... God, she gives Tatiana Maslany run for her money... :)

This was exceptionally layered and incredibly cohesive. Everything was rather synced and every issue complemented the previous one. If you want to do seven layered cake a TV character can be, than this is one of the good ways.

I guess this is happening because of Matthew Goode's bigger role in Downton Abbey now, or something? A pity; he has a lot more chemistry and potential for good stories with Alicia than Mary Crawley. I wish they would just let Alicia be single for good, no love interests at all, you know? It's past time that happened.

Let we be honest with ourselves. Matthew Goode is able to have a valid chemistry with a broomstick if he wants to. :)

And I suppose the "MIA Finn" is more due to "The Imitation Game" than it is to Downton Abbey. This episode was most likely shot couple of months ago, so that might be the reason why we have so little of him. And, St. Alicia is fit for Finn, but this new animal is better with Johnny.

Yah! This was pretty good! It brought all the issues of Alicia's life together, while showing us why she is a most effective attorney -- she's got a mind that intuits the angles, analyzes the angles, while also, in this particular situation of running for office, digging into herself.

It's particularly hard hitting because it includes an erotic fantasy of her very own. We have no idea if she will act on it. It doesn't matter if she does or does not. But that at this point Will came back to her, tells us also, just how important he was to her, for her, and that she hasn't forgotten.

Alicia really is reaching for her potential. This is staggering. If all women were able to do this think where we might be?

This last episode was The Good Wife at its prime. The time flew by, but didn't feel rushed, or crammed.

So . . . Canning. He redeemed himself yet again. Er, he showed himself the true glop of slime he is again.

Since David Lee is with Alicia's firm yet again, I didn't quite understand his part in the Alicia set-up. I'd appreciate any enlightenment. :)

Nice ending, right?

This last episode was The Good Wife at its prime. The time flew by, but didn't feel rushed, or crammed.

So . . . Canning. He redeemed himself yet again. Er, he showed himself the true glop of slime he is again.

Since David Lee is with Alicia's firm yet again, I didn't quite understand his part in the Alicia set-up. I'd appreciate any enlightenment. :)

Nice ending, right?

Really? I felt the last episode a bit crammed. Too many supportive - Abernathy, Crosier, return of the Finn, Canning's machinations, focus on Johnny and Eli, Diane's hubby. It was rather interesting, but a bit too packed.

You want enlightenment regarding David Lee? You remember that two episodes ago I was puzzled whether he is back or not. :)

Ending was great. I have said, Finn is great for one Alicia, but for lying politician she is these days, Johnny is a good fit.

You don't think, even though I agree it was a chock full episode, that it didn't feel like an attempt to start pulling a number of the various threads of the season towards an endgame?

Well, I guess there were too many independent threads this season, so this may be aiming toward the more compact but I feel like they didn't allow the supporting cast and guests to actually breathe.

I feel like Elfman will end up bringing out the Peter in Alicia, you know... Really not a fan of this development, as that feels like the opposite of what everything was supposed to be about.

But, other than that, it was a nice episode. Damn Canning and his unfiltered scheming! Abernathy's horror at certain technological advancements was fun to watch, and the beyond complicated relationship between Diane and her Republican is always fascinating. Oh, and Eli :bowdown: I do wish he would just leave Peter behind and go work for Alicia.

Five seconds of Kalinda is just a crime.

Well, I guess there were too many independent threads this season, so this may be aiming toward the more compact but I feel like they didn't allow the supporting cast and guests to actually breathe.

:agree:

It's like they're having trouble prioritizing plots this season, which is a shame. A few brilliant episodes, especially as far as Alicia is concerned, but beyond disappointing in the treatment of the supporting characters.

It's an excellent touch that the writers have made Prady an authentically decent fellow (for a politician), while Alicia shows herself ever more willing to compromise with truth and circumstances (as a politician) to win. I mean it's a good move instead of presenting Prady as a lying piece of scum that what's his name obviously was -- the first opponent, the city's prosecuting attorney, that Finn had worked for.

It's an excellent touch that the writers have made Prady an authentically decent fellow (for a politician), while Alicia shows herself ever more willing to compromise with truth and circumstances (as a politician) to win. I mean it's a good move instead of presenting Prady as a lying piece of scum that what's his name obviously was -- the first opponent, the city's prosecuting attorney, that Finn had worked for.

Yeap... I agree. I think that Prady has more likability than all of the opponents of "main cast" in years. I don't remember anyone being decent who opposed Alicia, Peter, Diane or Will.

Yeap... I agree. I think that Prady has more likability than all of the opponents of "main cast" in years. I don't remember anyone being decent who opposed Alicia, Peter, Diane or Will.

Not even Elsebeth?

He's certainly the first sympathetic political opponent of the main cast. And after the last episode I started to suspect he's going to win the race after all. I think there is a certain potential in Prady being an SA and Alicia immersing back in lawyer's work, provided there is going to be another season. What would be the point of the show if she was to become a State Attorney?

He's certainly the first sympathetic political opponent of the main cast. And after the last episode I started to suspect he's going to win the race after all. I think there is a certain potential in Prady being an SA and Alicia immersing back in lawyer's work, provided there is going to be another season. What would be the point of the show if she was to become a State Attorney?

I hope you're right! :)

I hope you're right! :)

Me too :cheers: , though I have my doubts. But then, last time I tried to predict anything with this show, they killed one of their main characters. :bang: (and I can't believe it will be one year next Monday :crying: )

Especially because I now want to see Alicia interacting more with Prady. And if he was SA and she stayed a lawyer, that would certainly happen. Or maybe that isn't necessary... I mean, wasn't he a TV personality or something?

Archived