[Book Spoilers] Things you would like to see on the show, but probably won't.....

Snoggs

I would like to have seen Ned's dream about the Tower of Joy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bran's function in S5 is going to be to show us allot of the backstory via his visions.

When they are ready to reveal Jon's heritage I wouldn't be surprised if TOJ is on the screen.

I doubt they will include the Shavepate, or the whole idea of shavepates, which is a bummer. Even more unlikely are the Brazen Beasts. Selmy conversing with the Shavepate after Daznak's pit was one of the highlights of DwD.

I would have wanted to see Arya kiling the guard in Harrenhal. That was one of the best parts in COK. The Pate and Oldtown scene is something I'm really hoping to see on screen. Also, Arya meeting the kindly man and her faceless man training is something I hope they do right. I also want to see Cersei's flashback about meeting Maggy and Jaime's dream with Joanna. I wonder if they'll mention about how Cersei was in love with Rhaegar.

Wish we had seen the iron bank dude tracking down Stannis. Also strong belwas. In the future, I'm hoping for Cersei's walk from Baelor to the red keep and a firmer hold on her descent into madness.

Not so much a character or even a subplot, as a feeling; one that pervades the North scenes in ADWD: The North Remembers. Essentially, it would be a combo of deep sorrow and a burgeoning insurrection. I need the show to make it clear that loyalty to the Starks runs deep in the North, and that Bolton's rule is relatively tenuous.

Unfortunately, D&D haven't been very good at creating that kind of... trans-episodic atmosphere. For example, in season 2, Kings Landing should have felt like a city bracing for a gathering storm. Think a less dramatic version of Gondor in Return of the King. While Tyrion mentioned a couple of times that Stannis was coming, it just never felt that way. There should have been talk food supplies in preparation of a siege, stuff like that. Something that creates a ominous atmosphere, but without overdoing it like the show is wont to do.

Oh well...

Tyrion's thoughts about the rumors of his father shitting gold.

<lol>! That would be great indeed.

Tywin's shit (to carefully inspect it to see if I find any residue of gold)

Gosh. <lol>! This one reminds me of my job. But could possibly combined with the above.

Wish we had seen the iron bank dude tracking down Stannis. Also strong belwas. In the future, I'm hoping for Cersei's walk from Baelor to the red keep and a firmer hold on her descent into madness.

Oh, yes. The "Walk of Shame" would be great.

Shireen meeting Wun Weg

Indeed.

My own pick that won't happen, didn't happen: Vargo Hoat.

I want to see more HELMETS.

The Hound never wears his, no one ever wears them. Season 1 had some, then after almost none. I understand they don't want to hide the actors faces, but it could at least be a half-helm. Think of Troy, the helmets were cool and didn't take away from the on-screen presence.

So... I like helmets. I hope someone in the show reads this and is moved ;)

I want to see giants riding mammoths, for the battle at the wall, but I know the show blew all their budget on dragons and the finale.

They did say that the Battle at the Wall was the biggest thing they've ever done. I'm fully expecting something amazing.

/dragons won't be cool until they are burning up some White Walkers

It wouldn't surprise me if Bran's function in S5 is going to be to show us allot of the backstory via his visions.

When they are ready to reveal Jon's heritage I wouldn't be surprised if TOJ is on the screen.

If they change Bran's visions to be omniscient, or if Bran eventually starts getting long visions like that, which might happen if we remember his vision in book 1. But those were dream-like visions, not warging. Weirwood-warging only allows Bran to see what the weirwoods see, and I don't think there are any weirwoods near TOJ.

Archived