A bride for jaime?

Waters Gate

So the suggestion is made in the series that Jaime might quit as a KG and become lord of CL at some point to get married with a noble lady of acceptable stature. Such a suggestion hasn't been made in the books yet, but with the death of Tywin and the fact that Cersei will eventually die aswell, having Jaime at some point take up the mantle of CR seems a possibilety, and i consider that he likely would get a lot of support by the Westerland noble's despite certain things of his past, because his reputation as a warrior and commander and th fact that Tywin always putted Jaime up as his favorite letting him command his vassals.

So ik, let's suppose that at some point Jaime indeed becomes heir to CL and must marry. Who would be the most interresting choice for a marriage right now? Which one would Tywin find acceptable if he was still alive and have a word in it? Which one would jaime choose for himself if he doesn't have to care about matters regarding power? I was kinda surprized to not see more speculation regarding this subject after the latest episode in the tv series, or has this been discussed into lenghts before?

Uncat will force him to marry her, echoing Sansa's forced marriage to Tyrion.

Then, they will both be present for Daven's wedding, when hell will break loose,

literally.

:P

I'm going to place my guess based on a few things:

1) Jaime survives his current situation RE: Brienne

2) Aegon is indeed a Blackfyre

3) The Blackfyres do indeed have friends in the Reach

4) House Tyrell is not one of said friends (being pro-Targ) and thus having the enmity of pro-Blackfyre Houses in the Reach

5) Aegon finds his way onto the throne

These points would lead to the Lannisters being deposed, the Tyrells run out of Kings Landing, and Jaime's oath being meaningless, as the new King would probably rather see him dead, than on his honorable Kings Guard containing the likes of Rolly Duckfield.

So....in order to protect their hold on High Garden and the Reach, the Tyrells turn to their old pals, the Lannisters, once more. And perhaps 3rd time will be the charm for Marg.

TL:DR - Jaime marries Marg Tyrell

Brienne of Tarth it is known.

That might indeed become "a choice for love". The question can still be raised if that love will remain or if jaime has the freedom to choose her/ does not feel obliged to a political marriage for the sake of cementing his position.

if tywin had been alive, i doubt he would hav accepted the Tarth marriage, even if she wouldn't be such a terrible choice it would still be somewhat of a step down. I guess for tywin someone like Arianne martel would be a match to ambition for.

We don't know much of the families of the Westerlands bannermen. A daughter of a bannerman might be a good solution.

Or might be a nessecary sollution to cement his position in the westerlands, though indeed we know few elligible lady's from the Westerlands.

Indeed if we consider that tommen shall die sooner than later because of a certain prophecy, then marg will soon enough again be a very good match of a Lannister. Doesn't make marg queen though, and while jaime iprobably has loads of sex appeal for the lady's there is an age difference to somewhat consider imho, but the same goes then for Arianne.

More options? What about Asha greyjoy? Seems a good match in principle too, might actually workt too in a bit of a weird way, the 2 have a few things in coman though they never met.

Jaime has a dream where (paraphrasing) Cersei gives him a flame and tells him that the flame will eventually go out, and he will die.

I've always taken that as prophetic - when Jaime's love for Cersei finally fizzles out, he will die. And the fact that Brienne is there with him in the dream tells me it's her that he falls in love with before dying.

Myrcella, obviously. The only woman who could be more a reflection of himself than Cersei is his own daughter with Cersei.

We don't know much of the families of the Westerlands bannermen. A daughter of a bannerman might be a good solution.

Well, Jeyne Westerling is available. :P

So we'll finally find out of marrying Margy means death before consummation for anyone, or only for kings?

if tywin had been alive, i doubt he would hav accepted the Tarth marriage, even if she wouldn't be such a terrible choice it would still be somewhat of a step down. I guess for tywin someone like Arianne martel would be a match to ambition for.

I doubt that Dorne would offer Arianne to Jaime, the turned down offer of Elia for Jaime is still remembered.

This is a stretch since Jaime will likely die a hero, saving the king or something like. And I really don't see him forsaking his KG vows at this point. Seems like a romance novel fantasy forum to me. "How will Jaime die," and "What questionable acts of honor remain for Jaime?" would be much more fun.

I doubt that Dorne would offer Arianne to Jaime, the turned down offer of Elia for Jaime is still remembered.

No, they didn't.

On the contrary, when Princess Martell arrived in CR, Joanna had died while she gave birth to Tyrion.

While the Lannister kids showed Elia and Oberyn how they spent their free time in CR, the Princess revealed

to Tywin that Joanna wanted the twins to marry her children.

Tywin refused but he offered Tyrion to Elia, an offer that the Princess simply refused.

Don't only Targs and first men have prophetic dreams?

Well, Lannisters are descended from the First Men and according to a theory, there is a possibility that a Blackwood, perhaps BR's daughter, married a Lannister..

Tywin's suggestion of Margaery was probably the last reference to Jaime's nuptials that we're going to get.

Yeah, this thread is based on something from the TV series that happened very differently in the books, and long ago as well, and that obviously isn't going to pan out by the end of the episode, so it's not exactly a realistic issue for TWoW.

But I don't think it was a stupid question to ask what his options would be.

I was contemplating the idea earlier today that Jamie may have to assume the head of House Lannister. It could make sense, now that Kevan has joined Tywin in death. According to birthright, Lancel is now the head of the house. With Jamie haven taken the Kingsguard vows and Cersei in a bit of a legal jam it has to be Lancel. The grandsons and daughter's of Tytos are pretty numerous, but I think if Jamie was removed from the Kingsguard and expressed intent to take his birthright he wouldn't have problems among his bannermen.

Assuming that whatever happens with Brienne and him isn't fatal, I believe he would be interested after he learns of Kevan. He knows that he cannot fight well enough to merit his status as a Kingsguard anymore, he is trying to reinvent himself, and his family is nearing the brink of disaster. Logically he could take the next step and become Lord of Casterly Rock but I think too many factors concerning Lancel, his imminent danger, and willingness to even take the position makes the idea far-fetched.

He probably would not be short on brides though, and the best option might be to marry within the Westerlands to gain the unquestioned support of one of his bannermen. I am not going to run through all the Westerland families with available daugthers and will just assume that there are options. I also like the idea that Highgarden may be looking at support from Casterly Rock in the immediate future, assuming the relationship doesn't completely implode following the trials and murder of Kevan. Perhaps (gasp) Sansa becomes an option?

Archived