(Book Spoilers) Speculating on events at the wall

AzorAhai42

The more I think about it, I'm convinced that it is going to probably happen this season.

This is my rough idea of how the episode will go:

Opening - At the Wall, aftermath of the battle at the Wall

Next Scene("NS") - A scene possibly setting up UnCat (maybe with Sansa, maybe with Arya)

NS - Stannis offering Jon Winterfell/The Wall begins to choose a new LC (maybe even the scene with Stannis, Sam, and Maester Aemon)

NS - Bran making it to BloodRaven

NS - Sam convincing everyone to elect a third option (Jon)

NS - Arya boarding a ship to Braavos

NS - Jon being elected LC

NS - Shae and Tywin's Deaths/Tyrion's Escape

Final Scene - UnCat

I think we will get some Yara and Bolton action as well in the finale.

And I'd guess a Tyrell scene in there as well. I hope the show will finally deliver a Margaery / Loras dialogue, it could be interesting.

I can only see one sequence from kings landing happing in the finale, and that includes only 5 charcters, Tyrion tywin shae Jamie and varys. no need to waste time on anyone else. as for the boltons I think the meeting between roose and ramsay makes sense( the scene from the first trailer with them walking a cross a field.) After ramsay tricks the ironborn into surrendering in 8.

I can only see one sequence from kings landing happing in the finale, and that includes only 5 charcters, Tyrion tywin shae Jamie and varys. no need to waste time on anyone else. as for the boltons I think the meeting between roose and ramsay makes sense( the scene from the first trailer with them walking a cross a field.) After ramsay tricks the ironborn into surrendering in 8.

We know Mountain appears in finale.

Cersei checking up on Qyburn would settle some things for the next season if their dialogue his well handled.

So, another Tyrell-less finale apparently since I think as well Tyrion's escape will be the only other KL scene.

Cersei checking up on Qyburn would settle some things for the next season if their dialogue his well handled.

So, another Tyrell-less finale apparently since I think as well Tyrion's escape will be the only other KL scene.

Wouldn't be surprised if transition of this scene (either before or after) is Cersei having a snarky conversation with Margaery regarding the Tommen marriage which would set up their relationship next season.

Also, when the hell is Cersei bringing down the hammer on the Loras engagement? Is that being saved for next season?

it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have stannis offer jon winter fell considering jon knows bran is alive and the rightful heir

Well, technically, Jon doesn't know that. He knows that Sam saw them at the Wall a while back and that they were headed north of the wall. However, Jon has no actual confirmation that he is still alive. North of the Wall is a very dangerous place, it wouldn't be ridiculous for Jon to assume that Bran is dead, or at the very least, not coming back.

I kinda look at it as the equivalent of the resurrection talk last season. I was sure we'll see one in finale, because of all that talk and it didn't happen. So I'm very skeptical to think that two characters talking in one scene is a hint for finale event.

Also is there really enough time? Winterfell offer happens first and I cannot imagine the actual first talk Jon and Stannis have won't be in finale.

I think the finale will just be heavy on stuff at the Wall. Think about it, all the other characters get 1-2 scenes tops. Is it really that crazy to believe that they'll have Jon meeting with Stannis (turning down his offer right away), Sam organizing the election and Jon becoming Lord Commander in one episode? It seems like the most logical way to end this season, and to open up the next with this already in motion. The fact that there's no hints that it'll happen (aside from that Slynt line) is irrelevant. There are no hints for Stoneheart in season 4 either... Time will tell, I guess.

I think the finale will just be heavy on stuff at the Wall. Think about it, all the other characters get 1-2 scenes tops. Is it really that crazy to believe that they'll have Jon meeting with Stannis (turning down his offer right away), Sam organizing the election and Jon becoming Lord Commander in one episode? It seems like the most logical way to end this season, and to open up the next with this already in motion. The fact that there's no hints that it'll happen (aside from that Slynt line) is irrelevant. There are no hints for Stoneheart in season 4 either... Time will tell, I guess.

No hints? Is that why they mention Catelyn every episode?

It may be 1-2 scenes for everyone else but they will be long scenes - dragons, Children of the Forest, Mountain's agony no doubt preceded with one of the main characters talking to another one, Jaime/Tyrion and finally Tyrion's final chapter.

Sure it can happen, but the episode is packed as it is. I want to see as many scenes on the Wall as possible but I also don't want them to rush anything.

i duno why but im thinking that this season will not progress that far in jon's story line....maybe just till Stannis offering him Winterfell and Sam and other NW arranging votes of LC

but i suppose Jon becoming LC is something that should happen at the end of this season rather than somewhere in the beginning of next....it just feels like a lot to cover in 2 eps

and bran finding BR....this season or next?

The more I think about it, I'm convinced that it is going to probably happen this season.

This is my rough idea of how the episode will go:

Opening - At the Wall, aftermath of the battle at the Wall

Next Scene("NS") - A scene possibly setting up UnCat (maybe with Sansa, maybe with Arya)

NS - Stannis offering Jon Winterfell/The Wall begins to choose a new LC (maybe even the scene with Stannis, Sam, and Maester Aemon)

NS - Bran making it to BloodRaven

NS - Sam convincing everyone to elect a third option (Jon)

NS - Arya boarding a ship to Braavos

NS - Jon being elected LC

NS - Shae and Tywin's Deaths/Tyrion's Escape

Final Scene - UnCat

You're missing Danaerys, who will definitely be a heavily featured character. Unless they have the former in Ep 8, The Children will have her banish Jorah as well as chain the dragons :drool: in the finale, which will probably take up a lot of time during the episode (about 10 minutes at least, imo). The episode in total is 66 minutes.

Here's how I see things going down:

- Stannis offering Winterfell to Jon (4 minutes)

- Sansa final scene of the season. (4 minutes)

- Brienne and Pod being captured (3 minutes) <--- could be in episode 8 also

- Sam talking about electing Jon (3 minutes)

- King's Landing penultimate scene (4 minutes)

- Danaerys banishing Jorah (5 minutes)

- Danaerys conversation with Hazzea (2 minutes)

- Danaerys chaining up the dragons (5 minutes)

- Ramsay being legitimised (4 minutes)

- Arya boarding the ship (4 minutes)

- Jon being elected lord commander (3 minutes)

- Bran fighting white walkers, meeting Bloodraven (7 minutes)

- Tyrion Jaime/Shae/Tywin/Varys (15 minutes)

- Lady Stoneheart (3 minutes)

I hope Jon is elected this season, because they have lots of stuff to go through the next, and they're cramming affc/adwd into season 5 so it would be best to just get it out of the way and move forward. It seems to be leading that way, because they've mentioned it already and they're showing how Jon is very much a contender for it. If anything I'd be more inclined to think Stannis' offer will be left out until next season (or left out altogether, as he does know his brother is still alive).

The episode in total is 66 minutes.

Here's how I see things going down:

- Stannis offering Winterfell to Jon (4 minutes)

- Sansa final scene of the season. (4 minutes)

- Brienne and Pod being captured (3 minutes) <--- could be in episode 8 also

- Sam talking about electing Jon (3 minutes)

- King's Landing penultimate scene (4 minutes)

- Danaerys banishing Jorah (5 minutes)

- Danaerys conversation with Hazzea (2 minutes)

- Danaerys chaining up the dragons (5 minutes)

- Ramsay being legitimised (4 minutes)

- Arya boarding the ship (4 minutes)

- Jon being elected lord commander (3 minutes)

- Bran fighting white walkers, meeting Bloodraven (7 minutes)

- Tyrion Jaime/Shae/Tywin/Varys (15 minutes)

- Lady Stoneheart (3 minutes)

This isn't a bad approximation, seems reasonable. The only things I would add are a scene in KL with the Mountain and Qyburn, and some sort of dead-man-walking scene with Tyrion, and maybe Balon's death. I think Ramsey becoming heir, while at the same time Theon technically becomes heir, could be cool. This episode already leans heavily towards a theme of making the hard choices, so It would fit.

Is it confirmed that ST is in this episode? I could see her stuff finishing next episode...

This isn't a bad approximation, seems reasonable. The only things I would add are a scene in KL with the Mountain and Qyburn, and some sort of dead-man-walking scene with Tyrion, and maybe Balon's death. I think Ramsey becoming heir, while at the same time Theon technically becomes heir, could be cool. This episode already leans heavily towards a theme of making the hard choices, so It would fit.

Is it confirmed that ST is in this episode? I could see her stuff finishing next episode...

I'm not sure if she will be in the finale, but it can easily be replaced by the Mountain and Qyburn scene that you mentioned. Also, I don't think Balon will die this year. I think they will use his death as a cold opening next year, which will immediately be followed by tons of ironborn stuff.

I think we will get a Cersei / Qyburn / Mountain in 10. It is really the scene that helps setting up events for season 5, cause Cersei and Qyburn relationship is one of the most important things in KL for next season.

Archived