NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

Ottawa has been shopping him for a little while now, so this might speed up the proceedings. I see him going to a contender like Pittsburgh or Anaheim, as they have some valuable pieces they can send to Ottawa in return. Or if Mac T can continue with his 'BOLD MOVES', then maybe he'll be heading to Edmonton? Maybe? Please?

Kesler also reaffirmed his desire to be traded, and again I think he'll be headed to a big club.

The Rangers are among the few teams that won't puke at Spezza's contract.... plus they need major help at center....

Speaking of which... Game 5, Rangers leading 2-1 going into the 3rd after a short-handed goal by Boyle... Id it me, or has Brad Richards missed the net on every shot he's taken?

It feels wrong to call that a 5-game series. What a freaking battle. All three games in LA went to OT, so I'd say the Rangers put up a much bigger fight than most of the experts anticipated. If you think about it, they could have just as easily won the series in five or six with a break here and a bounce there. Much respect, especially to Henrik. Guy is awesome.

That said...PARTY TIME! :cheers:

that was an insane series. I got a little bit emotional after the final goal last night. This run was even better than first, never knowing who was gonna step up night after. All due respect to the Rangers who made it more of a series than I suspected it was gonna be. Also Henrik is an amazing goalie but I hope the talking heads now start to remember how good quickie is

• 2 weeks later...

Man I don't think I've ever seen a pro athlete as weird as Hasek. The guy would jump around for every damn save. That said, glad to see him (presumably) heading to the HOF on his first ballot. Same goes for Forsberg, who (when healthy) dominated the game like none of his contemporaries could. And there's Modano...fuck that guy, but he is first ballot material as well.

What about Recchi? Looking at his career numbers, one would think he's a lock as well - he's 12th in points, won 3 Cups. But he was never really the best in the game at any point. He's still HOF-calibre, just not first ballot imo.

Hasek and Brodeur were always my favorite goalies because of their unconventional styles. Those 2 were just more fun to watch than traditional butterfly goalies imo.

Really good class with these 3. Modano is probably the best American born player ever. Forsberg was the best in the world for a time. Hasek is in the conversation along with Roy and Brodeur for best goalies of all time.

Archived