Human Chess Match, WorldCon 06

My brain is working very slowly today,but... the chess match is now Friday the 25th at 2:30pm?

Yes mak. Thanks to the super nice and understanding folks at WorldCon, we have had the match moved to the original day with a different time, and we were given a much bigger space than what they had us slotted for on Sunday. :)

since the good folks in Programming were so kind to us in helping accommodate our needs for a larger space and better time slot, there's 2 ways to thank them.

Personally go to Programming Ops. Tell them how much you appreciate their help.

Then do a shift of room managing* so they can go enjoy the con for a few hours.

Oh, and chocolate is usually a fine thank you gift as well.

your guide to WorldCon manners,

Parris

* this is so much fun! You get to help set up panels, and give the 10-5-1 minute warnings. You might even get a chance to tell a blowhard to shut up and get out. Politely, of course. You might get to help put an end to a panel that has run out of steam, or that only had as many audience members as panelists, to the profound thanks of all. Go on, you know you'll make us all proud by helping out.

VOLUNTEER SET UP/ CLEAN UP:

Maid Sansa

Zakalwe7 (acting in a very unRT-like manner :P )

Ghosts Companion (set-up only)

Prod (set-up only)

Coyotes Daughter

Odie (set-up only)

Rhelley (ever obediant :P )

Ser Paddy

Mich (supervising, hehehe)

Pod (sans saran wrap)

mak (post match)

Chataya (post match)

pfft. bitch forgets me. I see how it is.

Jay was gonna help to. but seeing as how I was forgotten.... <glares>

pfft. bitch forgets me. I see how it is.

Jay was gonna help to. but seeing as how I was forgotten.... <glares>

Alright Ms. HuffyPants. I *didn't* forget you - I just didn't want to ASSUME that you would help me.

When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. :P

:kiss:

Did you talk to your hubby about being a Dornish knight yet? (I don't know why I'm bothering to post this, as I'll just call you in 15 minutes when I get out...) :P

And a big THANK YOU! to those who are volunteering to help out. *kisses*

Any new recruits for the actual match? Only 5 spaces left!!! You know you guys want in... ;)

Alright Ms. HuffyPants. I *didn't* forget you - I just didn't want to ASSUME that you would help me.

When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. :P

:kiss:

Did you talk to your hubby about being a Dornish knight yet? (I don't know why I'm bothering to post this, as I'll just call you in 15 minutes when I get out...) :P

And a big THANK YOU! to those who are volunteering to help out. *kisses*

Any new recruits for the actual match? Only 5 spaces left!!! You know you guys want in... ;)

uhm, yeah, after spending $60 on the material for my costume, he said "no frikken way". So I'm gonna try and save some material in the hopes that I can make a tunic and convince him.

My mom gave me a "How to Use a Sewing Machine - for Dummies" crash course last night.

Oh, and a little favor, please. Please don't call Jay hubby lest you wish I puke over a thread in RL. <gags>

talk to ya when you get you calihornia ass outta bed

"How to Use a Sewing Machine - for Dummies" crash course last night.

step one: remember to thread the machine before you try to sew.

step two: remember to sew the fabric, not your hand.

step three: curse profusely as the thread tangles/snaps/runs out and you have to rethread the machine.

step four: stop cursing as you remember that sewing by hand is SO much slower and more annoying.

Heh. I haven't touched a sewing machine since school, since those workshops convinced me that I am incompatible with this particular piece of technology. Every time I tried to use one, it would break down in some way or other.

The plaintive wail 'Miss, there's something wrong with my sewing machine!' was heard so often that I got teased about it years later by classmates. ;P

hahaha, that's great Bran & Linda.

Yeah, I've finished cutting out the appropriate parts of the pattern for the cape/cloak. I have ironed the material and am proceding to pin the pattern shapes to the material. I figured I start with the cloak first until I get the hang of this.

gods, next time, if there is a next time, we contact a costume rental place a year in advance and just rent the costumes. :tantrum: my bloody back is KILLING me already! :P

I figured I start with the cloak first until I get the hang of this.

very wise, cloaks are the easiest things to sew.

my bloody back is KILLING me already!

treat it like using a computer - take regular breaks to walk around, streach and give your eyes a rest.

Archived