Human Chess Match, WorldCon 06

Hey guys,

For the Highgarden pawns, can I please have you either post or PM me a tunic size so I can get to ordering and making them?

I also want to clarify that we will be providing the tunics, but asking to be reimbursed for the costs.

I will get you an exact price as soon as I know. I promise, it won't be expensive. Less than $50, definately. :)

Sorry about the price...I just researched, and that's what it would be. Green and gold trim, perfect. I may even embroider a golden rose on it.

Take a looksie:

Tunics

Thanks!

PS: VOLUNTEER!!!!!!!!! We have FIVE SPOTS LEFT AND 10 DAYS TO FILL THEM!!!

That is all. :kiss:

I'll be bringing my own tunic, Mya. It's not better than that one, but it's all mine. ;)

Grazzi, fair Maid. (Or however you spell it in Italian...my foreign language skillz are teh sux0r) :P

I'd go for a large size.

Wait, this is America, so it'll be medium :P

Are you calling me fat? :P

Hi guys!

Sorry about the confusion on the "size" issue. Kal graciously called the place and found out that the one-size-fits-all is going to be quite big enough for everyone to fit into. :) (I believe he said 56 " wide, so that will be plenty big!)

I would bring a belt since the tunics do not come with them...really, at this point, just a brown belt will do. :) Brown slacks would also be preferable, and a boot...since they don't really advertise for Nike or Reebok or Adidas or New Balance or Converse in Westeros. :P

We're getting awfully close! 9 days till the match, if you can believe it. *jaw drops*

Can't wait to see some of you again (POD!) and meet the rest of you lot! :)

PS: Any ideas on who else we can ask to fill the remaining slots? My brain is fried this early in the morning. :kiss:

Mya, I am making my own tunic as well, if that's ok. My mom is a crazy seamstress, and it'll be very similar :D I might also decorate it with gold roses, if that's ok with theme :)

That's perfect Mandy. I just figured I'd throw the pic up so that those making their own had an idea of what the others will look like. :)

My mom is also a crazy seamstress, but she's 3000 miles away. :( And the sewing gene must be recessive...or skip a generation, or something. :P

Looking at the Tunic design, I'd advise smaller folk getting pins or broaches for the keyhole collar - they flap about quite a bit on skinny people and it can get quite annoying.

Mandy: This Link contains a pattern for a very similar Tunic - its dead easy to make! (just look in hte "male clothing" section)

I would bring a belt since the tunics do not come with them...really, at this point, just a brown belt will do. :) Brown slacks would also be preferable, and a boot...since they don't really advertise for Nike or Reebok or Adidas or New Balance or Converse in Westeros. :P

I see my current wardrobe is going to be under serious pressure. I have a light and dark shade of slacks, 2 black belts and a brown and black pair of shoes. :lol:

I do have a Winterfell broach though. :P

And wow...seeing people again!

I see my current wardrobe is going to be under serious pressure. I have a light and dark shade of slacks, 2 black belts and a brown and black pair of shoes. :lol:

I do have a Winterfell broach though. :P

And wow...seeing people again!

:rofl: well look at the bright side. You won't have to worry about what to wear :P

I want to thank Xray The Enforcer for enforcing in full effect and offering to be a Dornish Bishop!!! (why do I keep saying Castle?)

Yay!

And thanks to Mr. X, who may be suckered into being a piece as well. :)

4 spaces left! :)Maybe 3!

Also - BIG HUGE GIANT THANK YOU to mormont and BrantheBuilder who have provided a guide to the actions of the chess pieces. (Aka, how to attack and kill your opponents while playing Human Chess.)

Woo-ho, Xray! And you know that in Dorne posessing a rack is no detriment to being a seneschal. :) Now go twist the arm of Mr X to volunteer, or I'll serenade you with Marillion the morning after the party at 6AM! ;)

Archived