Human Chess Match, WorldCon 06

OH SHIT! It's my bloody roomate, Racebannon!

We're gonna have to get drunk and sing "We Two Kings"

:lol:

What a difficult choice for George - to view the Sandsnakes fronts or backs. I could understand why he chose Highgarden on that alone but to be able to watch Pod's bunny tail twitch at the same time...no contest! It is known that Pod's arse is irresistable.

Ro...now you are in trouble! :cry:

What color are you dying it? I have a velvety black one. I'm bringing it regardless for me, but it'll be there just in case :)

Grey, of course. Sillyhead :)

Have to go to WalMart and pick up some costume jewelry though. Problem is, when I looked last time, all they had was beads, not chains :/

Grey, of course. Sillyhead :)

Have to go to WalMart and pick up some costume jewelry though. Problem is, when I looked last time, all they had was beads, not chains :/

You can pick up enough shiny baubles to please any magpie in downtown LA for cheap. Fabric & flower districts, and to a lesser extent the fashion district are where you want to go.

Odie - for the maester's chain, there's a simple solution. A choke chain from the pet shop. That's what I'm using... :D

:rofl: That's great. Though I don't think either of us could survive the mocking that would ensue from that :)

I got some nice shiny chain from JoAnn's... I'm going to have to fake a clasp (probably just tie the ends together) but it'll work! Ooo, shiny :)

In the women's section, Target had a really cool necklace of simple chains with a key hanging from it. I should have picked it up, but I already was over my Target budget for the week. :(

It's all good, I got it covered :)

The problem I still have, however, is finding a white wig...

You can pick up enough shiny baubles to please any magpie in downtown LA for cheap. Fabric & flower districts, and to a lesser extent the fashion district are where you want to go.

But are there any costume shops in the area? Plus, we won't be near downtown LA, and most of us won't have cars. :(

:rofl: That's great. Though I don't think either of us could survive the mocking that would ensue from that :)

I got some nice shiny chain from JoAnn's... I'm going to have to fake a clasp (probably just tie the ends together) but it'll work! Ooo, shiny :)

It's all good, I got it covered :)

The problem I still have, however, is finding a white wig...

But are there any costume shops in the area? Plus, we won't be near downtown LA, and most of us won't have cars. :(

Carrie, if you want, I'll bring you to like a Target or a local costume shop.

I've got ya covered on that, no problem. (But it wouldn't be till Thurs, since I have to work today-Wed)

:)

Carrie, if you want, I'll bring you to like a Target or a local costume shop.

I've got ya covered on that, no problem. (But it wouldn't be till Thurs, since I have to work today-Wed)

:)

Bugger, Thursday's out 'cause we're doing the touristy Disney thing. It's okay, if someone can find something that would be cool, if not I'll just wear the stupid headdress :)

Bugger, Thursday's out 'cause we're doing the touristy Disney thing. It's okay, if someone can find something that would be cool, if not I'll just wear the stupid headdress :)

No prob...I'll see if I can find one while I'm out looking for stuff to fluff up the tunics. I'll let you know. :)

Hey, I understand. I'll take the mocking alone. :P

Bah, I bet it's not mutlicoloured like mine. ;)

I got my garb!

I went to a sari shop and requested "tunic and trousers" and got shown all manner of elaborately embroidered outfits. I picked a pretty understated one in red, and a really elaborate one in blue. I figure WTF, who knows what a seneschal really looks like. I predict I'll be killing people with a plastic turkey leg anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

But going to check one other place tomorrow for any more useful garb. I love buying weird clothes. And my coworkers love making fun of me when I wear them to the office. ;)

Just got back from the chess match.

DORNE RULES!

UNBOWED, UNBENT, UNBROKEN!

Yeah, it was lots of fun. ;) A huge thank you to everyone who worked so hard on pulling things together.

Linda was the decisive piece as far as that goes -- Ellaria Sand sashayed her way up and down the board, slitting throats and taking names, until finally Mace Tyrell conceeded. I believe X-Ray did the honors of dispatching him. Excellent, excellent fun all around, and according to everyone I look pretty good in a robe. Hah. ;)

No serious injuries, except to Kal when I ran him through with my limbo pole spear and somehow managed to cut his finger. Doh!

And tonight, the party. I've been convinced by Parris to wear the costume to this. I will feel like a dope, but Parris cannot be denied. ;)

Archived