Is there still a king in the north?

Gendrys Forge

More like 35,000 still available. More like 10,000 of them are currently on the march.

So how many men did robb come south with, and how much did that deplete the resources of the north, or not much at all?

Under roose the north suffered some decent chunks of losses.

Can someone bump the army estimation topic by any chance ;D

That depends too much on Robb's will, Bran is the heir but he is believed dead, and I think Stannis position in the North is weak, if the Northerner Lords listen about an alive Stark they will support his ancestral liege family

So how many men did robb come south with, and how much did that deplete the resources of the north, or not much at all?

Under roose the north suffered some decent chunks of losses.

Can someone bump the army estimation topic by any chance ;D

Robb brought ~20,000 men south, loosing about 15,000 of those. Another couple thousand were lost against the Ironborn invasion. Together about 20,000, a third of the North's strength. Due to their superior quality, more like half the North's strength.

That leaves about 35,000 men in the North, give or take. Yes, that does include the Boltons.

Robb brought ~20,000 men south, loosing about 15,000 of those. Another couple thousand were lost against the Ironborn invasion. Together about 20,000, a third of the North's strength. Due to their superior quality, more like half the North's strength.

That leaves about 35,000 men in the North, give or take. Yes, that does include the Boltons.

So you reckon the north can field 55k or so at least?

Not questioning your judgment, it just means I have underestimated their strength, and it means the Tyrells aren't the bigbosses they currently seem to be in terms of men they can field. The stormlands and Dorne are the two lowest pockets for men though right, alongside the Iron Islands?

So you reckon the north can field 55k or so at least?

Not questioning your judgment, it just means I have underestimated their strength, and it means the Tyrells aren't the bigbosses they currently seem to be in terms of men they can field. The stormlands and Dorne are the two lowest pockets for men though right, alongside the Iron Islands?

Basically. Though I'm the odd one out, most people assume 45,000 or the like. Of course I'm right and they are wrong :cool4: Sometimes with the caveat that they are calculating with the bare minimum possible, not the average estimation.

The Reach is the powerhouse, North, Vale, Riverlands, Westerlands are comfortably in the middle, Stormlands, Dorne and Ironborn have the least and nobody cares about the Crownlands.

Pre-war, losses not included.

I think the plan of many Northerners currently 'siding' with Stannis is to let him do the dirty work of ridding the North of Boltons before coming forth with Robb's will that names Jon King in the North. Whether or not he'll accept is another matter, but I do think that for a large part of the North that's the plan.

My theory is that Manderly is trying to find Rickon as a sort of 'back-up' in case Jon refuses or dies, and I agree that he's on a suicide mission anyway so whatever he promised Stannis will cease to matter soon. I think from the perspective of a Northerner a legitimised (which in their opinion Robb had the power and authority to do) Jon is just as much Stark as Rickon and Bran, and importantly he's older and has already proven his worth as a leader. All in all, he looks like a better option than Rickon.

Robb only became KitN through acclamation of the northern lords, but several of those northern lords now support Roose, which implicitly means they recognize the king on the Iron Throne as liege lord. An unknown number of those lords who acclaimed Robb in the first place thus have withdrawn their fealty.

Come to think I'm totally unclear on the status of most of the Stark bannermen. I know about Dustin, Umber, Manderly, Reed, Bolton, Karstark, Hornfoot. What of the rest? Where are they? Is Ryswell with Bolton?

Robb only became KitN through acclamation of the northern lords, but several of those northern lords now support Roose, which implicitly means they recognize the king on the Iron Throne as liege lord. An unknown number of those lords who acclaimed Robb in the first place thus have withdrawn their fealty.

Come to think I'm totally unclear on the status of most of the Stark bannermen. I know about Dustin, Umber, Manderly, Reed, Bolton, Karstark, Hornfoot. What of the rest? Where are they? Is Ryswell with Bolton?

I'd like somebody to point out these Lords to me. At best, I give you Lady Dustin and maybe Lord Rhyswell. The rest? Nope, no Boltons for them.

You forgot THE KING IN THE NORTH! Anyway Not really if some already claimed for Stannis

Who claimed for Stannis as you put it? Arnolf Karstark would be the only one, and everybody knows what his oath is worth. Apart from not even being legitimated to make that decision.

Who claimed for Stannis as you put it? Arnolf Karstark would be the only one, and everybody knows what his oath is worth. Apart from not even being legitimated to make that decision.

I got a bit ahead of myself. But the Northern mountain clans, and technically the Glovers and Mormonts. Once he takes Winterfell more will follow.

The clans.

The clans arre fighting for glory and the Ned's little girl. You think that if Stannis aborted the whole affair they would listen to him? They are basically draging him along. Stannis is aware of this and tires not to displease them.

The clans.

I got a bit ahead of myself. But the Northern mountain clans, and technically the Glovers and Mormonts. Once he takes Winterfell more will follow.

Nope. Not a single one of them took them as their king. As the commander of their allied army, yes, but they suspiciously avoided anything resembling acceptance of Stannis being their sovereign.

Nope. Not a single one of them took them as their king. As the commander of their allied army, yes, but they suspiciously avoided anything resembling acceptance of Stannis being their sovereign.

They declared for him .That's enough for me.

Have you seen the clans swear any oath to Stannis? Alysanne Mormont? And Sybelle Glover just accepted some ransoms on his behalf.

well

yes, and they know about Bran but dont tell him...I know

hope theyll burn in hell if they betray him :(

Archived