Prince of Fools (Spoilers)

unJon

Also has anyone tried the short story about Jorg? Sleeping beauty

I have. It was ok but I found it hard to work out where it fit in his overall story, If you're not too bothered about continuity and eager for more Jorg it's good enough.

I do like the new cover art design for "the liar's key". I hope it means we get some giant wolves!

A bit over halfway through and loving it!

The storylines intersecting at the Fallen Angel was hilarious. It was super fun to see the same characters from Jal's point of view instead of Jorg's. It's a fun take on the buddy roadtrip narrative, as well as the match-up of barbarian and nobleman. At first I wasn't sure how I liked Jal's "mistaken for heroism," but the locket mini-twist really sold it for me.

I'm also picturing an AU where Jal attempts to smack Jorg around at the queen's behest and Jorg's wondering if this is some very thespian "hiding in plain sight" assassin...likely before stabbing him in the liver.

As a history geek I love picking out the references. It was really amusing seeing how some historical rivalries still seem to exist a thousand years from now.

Where is this fallen angel part in Jorgs trilogy? I still haven't read this new trilogy yet but this caught my eyes.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I should note that The Liar's Key is out today in the US!

18th of June for the UK.

My fattest book to date. A little over twice the word count of Prince of Thorns.

I'm anticipating signed copies floating around Forbidden Planet?

Ah well, that's the last time I buy anything from Goldsboro. This is the third time I've bought a signed and numbered edition of the first book in a series, only for this to happen.

The Prince of Fools signed and numbered sold all 250 copies in 48 hours. They didn't want to do a S&N for The Liar's Key. I did the best I could by arranging one personally with these guys: http://www.thesignededition.co.uk/ and publicising it on all the social media I'm on.

Sorry you got caught out :/

The Prince of Fools signed and numbered sold all 250 copies in 48 hours. They didn't want to do a S&N for The Liar's Key. I did the best I could by arranging one personally with these guys: http://www.thesignededition.co.uk/ and publicising it on all the social media I'm on.

Sorry you got caught out :/

No worries, dude. I follow you on twitter, but occasionally I go on Social Media Lockdown because writing. I guess you were publicising during one of my dark periods.

Yes to Forbidden Planet and no to Goldsboro. I did a signed and numbered edition (& it sold out swiftly) but not with them.

Cool - that's me supporting a brick and mortar store again. FP tend to win me over with the signed editions even if they wind up costing more than the online versions (yet still discounted from rrp)

Edit: Amazon uk is suggesting they have it now? It might be the US version as they say it'll take 2 weeks delivery? Then in claims it's the 18th for other versions eg kindle. I'll stick to popping my head in the shop on comic wednesdays.

Cool - that's me supporting a brick and mortar store again. FP tend to win me over with the signed editions even if they wind up costing more than the online versions (yet still discounted from rrp)

Edit: Amazon uk is suggesting they have it now? It might be the US version as they say it'll take 2 weeks delivery? Then in claims it's the 18th for other versions eg kindle. I'll stick to popping my head in the shop on comic wednesdays.

That's just standard UK IP/US Amazon confusion. All formats are out in the US, all formats are out in the UK on the 18th.

£10 for the kindle version on amazon, have a word!

To be fair, £1.66 of that is VAT that Amazon charge then steal from the government.

Of the remaining £8.31 Amazon take £2.49

Of the remaining £5.82 Voyager take £4.36

Of the remaining £1.46 my agent takes 22 pence

Of the remaining £1.24 the tax man takes 25 pence

So I get 99 pence. Which seems like quite a modest sum for a copy of a book on release day, especially when it's the longest I've written and took me 12 months labour...

To be fair, £1.66 of that is VAT that Amazon charge then steal from the government.

Of the remaining £8.31 Amazon take £2.49

Of the remaining £5.82 Voyager take £4.36

Of the remaining £1.46 my agent takes 22 pence

Of the remaining £1.24 the tax man takes 25 pence

So I get 99 pence. Which seems like quite a modest sum for a copy of a book on release day, especially when it's the longest I've written and took me 12 months labour...

Thanks for the breakdown. That's a pretty interesting breakdown of where the money goes and I'm always curious as to who gets what. I'm pleased you get your 99p. Definitely sounds like we should be buying you a drink at cons (unless someone turns up with 5 of your books for signing).

Thanks for the breakdown. That's a pretty interesting breakdown of where the money goes and I'm always curious as to who gets what. I'm pleased you get your 99p. Definitely sounds like we should be buying you a drink at cons (unless someone turns up with 5 of your books for signing).

If they're discount UK paperbacks then it would have to be about 30 of them :)

http://mark---lawrence.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/225.html

I really enjoed The Broken Empire series. Is this in the same "world"? Is it a Grimdark or more traditional fantasy?

Same world, same time, very different character. Perhaps more traditional. Think Harry Flashman from the Flashman books rather than Alex from A Clockwork Orange.

Archived