Book and show spoilers: how could they do the finale w/o

Snowisnobastard

Looks like LSH is out for good after the most recent interview with EW Michelle Fairley gave about the series "24". I don't mind it because the character does next to nothing in the books in my opinion.

well she can't really say she will show up if its supposed to be a surprise. Actors do this on Revenge did the same there was articles saying she was done on the show and then BAM and some actors on Vampire Diaries also where showrunners said they are done especially Tyler and Jeremy actors. Joshua Jackson did the same on Fringe there are so many cases actually

even on this show Richard Madden and Oona Chaplin both had to awkwardly answer questions from reporters about their character's futures before the Red Wedding aired. Both lied through their teeth. I specifically remember an interviewer asked Oona where she sees her character going in the future. She looked noticeably panicked and made up some stuff about being excited for next season.

I agree. Gendry is going to show up anywhere but with the BwB. With Brienne, yes, but now with the BwB.

And why not? The "brotherhood" selling out one of their own made absolutely no sense, so Gendry rejoining the brotherhood wouldn't have to make sense either. D&D have already shown us that continuity and logic need not apply to the "enhancements" they make to the material.

And why not? The "brotherhood" selling out one of their own made absolutely no sense, so Gendry rejoining the brotherhood wouldn't have to make sense either. D&D have already shown us that continuity and logic need not apply to the "enhancements" they make to the material.

They did? When?

Nobody should believe actors on any show Richard Madden and Oona Chaplin both had to awkwardly answer questions from reporters about their character's futures before the Red Wedding aired. Both lied through their teeth. I specifically remember an interviewer asked Oona where she sees her character going in the future. She looked noticeably panicked and made up some stuff about being excited for next season.

Nobody should believe actors on any show Richard Madden and Oona Chaplin both had to awkwardly answer questions from reporters about their character's futures before the Red Wedding aired. Both lied through their teeth. I specifically remember an interviewer asked Oona where she sees her character going in the future. She looked noticeably panicked and made up some stuff about being excited for next season.

This. How many times did Paul McGann lie that he wasn't going to be part of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary? Then he ends up with an entire minisode to himself. They are actors, they are paid to lie XD

How about Yara invading the Dreadfort and getting chased off by dogs...

That's a good start.

Tywin knowing about incest and then not knowing about incest two episodes later is another.

Pretty much everything involving the inconsitently written Shae character...

And sooooooooo much more...

Gendry could also fulfill the main function of Quentyn Martell in the story, i.e., let the dragons loose. If his rowing adventure ends with him in Volantis, then he could run across Jorah and Tywin and head to Meereen with them. /crackpot

Gendry could also fulfill the main function of Quentyn Martell in the story, i.e., let the dragons loose. If his rowing adventure ends with him in Volantis, then he could run across Jorah and Tywin and head to Meereen with them. /crackpot

Yes he'll revive the art of making Valyrian steel with dragon flame. Then he'll be busy making dragon steel for the Nights Watch, which will shatter under Others' swords of Special Ice, bc they totally missed that it was Dawn that's dragon steel.

Gendry will follow Edric Storm's story to the Free Cities and fill in for Quentyn at that stage because, you know, we actually might feel something for Gendry, whereas many of us were wondering why Quentyn was even given his own POV for what it amounted to.

I also want to point out that even Martin himself has to ask for Elio's and Linda's help to get all the little details right so inconsistencies happen even with the creator of the world and so adapting such a complex story with such contradictory characters as Tywin will end up having inconsistencies as well. I could be an asshole to Martin and say "well you created this world, how come one person's eyes are one colour in one book and then another colour in another book or how come your horses change sexes between books? Don't you know your world? Are you incompetent?" Luckily I'm not an asshole and so I understand that too many things to remember will end up creating problems for you as a writer and a producer. It's just that because it's a show, these things tend to stand out a lot more.

Also, Yara wasn't "chased off by dogs". She realized that there was no point in getting more people killed trying to rescue someone who is not her brother anymore. Do people just watch the show wrong?

That was a horribly done scene and that point didn't come across from it at all. Obviously she abandons him because she lost hope but you assume that from what you know of the characters. Because the way that scene was done was practically a comedy moment.

It's the editors' fault, not the audience.

ok, so a short editing choice ruins everything? That doen't make sense. the acting was still great and the idea itself is not horrible in itself, merely that weird bit of editing at the end of that scene, so it's not even the whole scene.

ok, so a short editing choice ruins everything? That doen't make sense. the acting was still great and the idea itself is not horrible in itself, merely that weird bit of editing at the end of that scene, so it's not even the whole scene.

So what? The scene was ruined, as evidenced by so many people thinking she did run away from dogs and/or just laughing at that scene.

If half of onion is rotten it's a rotten onion.

Archived