Book and show spoilers: how could they do the finale w/o

Snowisnobastard

Since you have a crystal ball then go on the record and tell us when Stoneheart will appear then.

No it just makes sense from all the forshadowing they already have done to set her up. But obviously you haven't watched all the episodes. It sure does not sound like it

You make good points. The counter argument is that if you kill Superman in one book and then Superman is resurrected in the next one, you lose a lot of credibility. Introducing Lady Stoneheart in season 3 would have been a bad idea. Whether or not Lady Stoneheart is in the show, the person of Catelyn Stark is gone. The world has moved on. Lady Stoneheart is a tragic monster, not a triumphant hero.

Would you be happy with the show introducing Lady Stoneheart through Bran? Bran doesn't know that Catelyn died, right? We could see his sadness watching her die, his hope at her resurrection, and then his horror that she's become an undead indiscriminate revenge killer. Bran could give an emotional hook while showing the creation of Lady Stoneheart, and Lady Stoneheart ties into Bran's mission to save humanity from the undead.

But having Lady Stoneheart, UnGregor, Sandor's re-appearance, and UnJon all happen in one season could be problematic. I'm fine if she doesn't show up.

Yeh i mean, that wouldn't be too bad. I'd hate for Bran to be witness to Lady Stoneheart though. Plus he only sees through weirwood in Winterfell in ADWD but they have changed that in the show..i don't know i'm so confused. LSH i'm not really pissed about i think she will show up in season 5. i'm just pissed at other changes they made

We don't see much of Lady Stoneheart in the books. Do you hire an actress to appear in one scene of the last episode of a series, or do you introduce her at the beginning of a new season? It makes perfect sense for this revelation to be delayed. Just I wonder how they'll deal with the opening credits!

We don't see much of Lady Stoneheart in the books. Do you hire an actress to appear in one scene of the last episode of a series, or do you introduce her at the beginning of a new season? It makes perfect sense for this revelation to be delayed. Just I wonder how they'll deal with the opening credits!

This is just a ridiculous - Ciaran Hinds was in one episode this season, Joe Dempsie and Natalia Tena were not in at all, the issue of 1 ep a season is not something that exists, much like the whole 'ice-fire-ice' ending pattern for finale people insist is out there.

If they wanted to have LS in s4 they would have, problem is they didn't, they decided that Frankengregor is more worthy of screentime and yeah, we don't get the character so who cares what book readers want.

This is just a ridiculous - Ciaran Hinds was in one episode this season, Joe Dempsie and Natalia Tena were not in at all, the issue of 1 ep a season is not something that exists, much like the whole 'ice-fire-ice' ending pattern for finale people insist is out there.

If they wanted to have LS in s4 they would have, problem is they didn't, they decided that Frankengregor is more worthy of screentime and yeah, we don't get the character so who cares what book readers want.

We will get her. They just introduce when she will be dealing with characters we know from the show. Just like they have done with BWB, oberyn, Lysa and so many others

You are wrong. Why in the hell would they give us Oathkeeper sword and keep refering to Brienne's Oath to cat. She will appear she is to crucial to not to appear. Why even give us BWB. Hell even Valar morghulis appeared first time in season 2 finale and was not brought back until this season finale - 2 years ago!

Beric and the BWB could just be there to set up for Jon's resurrection. The show deviated from the books in having Melissandre meet Beric. We don't know what fate Brienne is headed toward, or how Oathkeeper ties into it.

Beric and the BWB could just be there to set up for Jon's resurrection. The show deviated from the books in having Melissandre meet Beric. We don't know what fate Brienne is headed toward, or how Oathkeeper ties into it.

Mel was there because she could interact with Arya, They even had that line in the show "we will meet again". And Even Graves said in his interview that Beric was to set up LS for later. Oathkeeper is a direct link to Cat /LS and so is Brienne's Pledge to Cat that they keep refering to. They deviated from the books but never with such huge moments as up coming stuff with Brienne and LS encounter that is the whole reason for the Oathkeeper sword and her continued Oath/Pledge to Cat they have brought up.

Lady Stoneheart will most definitely appear next season. Joe Dempsie (Gendry) has been confirmed for season 5 and I can see no other logical explanation as to why he would be in season 5 if not for Brienne and Pod to run in to LS. But stranger things have happened...

have this been confirmed ?

So is he supposed to be in the Brotherhood now on the show like in the books ?

have this been confirmed ?

So is he supposed to be in the Brotherhood now on the show like in the books ?

I think it was just an actor who said he thinks he will be in s5. I think he will be, but why would Gendry go back to BwB? Unless they explain it by him wanting to follow Arya's mother or something, who knows. What's the point of theories if the showrunners will yet again go down the road so illogical that very few here could predict it.

Tyrion at that moment WAS A BEETLE. How is that not understood?

Tyrion was the guy who couldn't figure out what drives beetle killers. Like his sister and father. No matter how hard he tries or how smart he is. Now he's going to die for it.

Lady Stoneheart will most definitely appear next season. Joe Dempsie (Gendry) has been confirmed for season 5 and I can see no other logical explanation as to why he would be in season 5 if not for Brienne and Pod to run in to LS. But stranger things have happened...

Talk me through that leap where Gendry reappearing requires LS? Can't he just rejoin the group he was taken from? He felt at home with them. They may not degrade the BwB nobility in which case LS isn't needed, but Gendry would help.

But Brienne hasn't any need of Gendry. Rorge and Biter are dead in show from the Hound, and Renly and Gendry look nothing alike.

I can see Gendry returning to smith at the Inn where Hot pie is and i guess they could invent some nasty attackers so Brienne and Pod can get caught by the BWB

Regardless of whether Brienne's story in the show is going to require LSH, there needs to be introduction to her before hand or else there will be no suspense, the BWB has no quarrel with Brienne.

I have a feeling that Gendry is going to do whatever it is that Edric Storm does in TWOW; I don't see him going back to the BWB, unless he somehow takes on Ser Hyle's role in some facet and then is strung up with Pod later on.

Show Gendry was brusquely sold to a priestess that put a leech on his dick for magic, and who would have sacrificed him to the Red God. There is no way he'd willingly rejoin the BWB, who treated him like a slave and serve a god that wants him dead. Since that was an invented scene, the show could easily have left a door open for Gendry to go back to the BWB by having Melissandre talk him into going rather than tie him up, and Gendry didn't have to see the exchange of money. I expect him to pop up anywhere but the BWB story.

Mel was there because she could interact with Arya, They even had that line in the show "we will meet again". And Even Graves said in his interview that Beric was to set up LS for later. Oathkeeper is a direct link to Cat /LS and so is Brienne's Pledge to Cat that they keep refering to. They deviated from the books but never with such huge moments as up coming stuff with Brienne and LS encounter that is the whole reason for the Oathkeeper sword and her continued Oath/Pledge to Cat they have brought up.

Possibly Melissandre and Arya meet in seasons 6 or 7, but that is an awfully long time to wait for a payoff for Melissandre's prediction. The Melissandre interaction with Arya was thrown in because the two characters were going to be in the same place so they might as well interact. But the reason to put Melissandre in the BWB camp was so that she could see Beric's resurrection and to streamline and explain Gendry's appearance in Edric Storm's role.

I don't see a huge significance in a link between Brienne's sword and LS. Tywin melted down Ned's sword to make Lannister house swords because that was in his nature. Jaime gave his sword to Brienne because he was trying to become a better person. Brienne named her sword Oathkeeper as a reflection of her values. The sword helped her fail to uphold her vow to protect Arya - she lost Arya's trust and she used her sword to destroy Arya's guardian so now Arya is alone. So the sword has had an arc. It doesn't need to have anything to do with LS.

I think there probably will be LS. I'm just arguing that the show hasn't committed to her and that the various threads that tie to her in the book can tie to other things in the show just as well. My best guess for the LS endgame in the books is that she causes the death of Brienne or Jaime, wipes out Walder Frey and a bunch of his house, and that she has some sort of interaction with one of her children. That's not nothing, but its not central either.

Possibly Melissandre and Arya meet in seasons 6 or 7, but that is an awfully long time to wait for a payoff for Melissandre's prediction. The Melissandre interaction with Arya was thrown in because the two characters were going to be in the same place so they might as well interact. But the reason to put Melissandre in the BWB camp was so that she could see Beric's resurrection and to streamline and explain Gendry's appearance in Edric Storm's role.

I don't see a huge significance in a link between Brienne's sword and LS. Tywin melted down Ned's sword to make Lannister house swords because that was in his nature. Jaime gave his sword to Brienne because he was trying to become a better person. Brienne named her sword Oathkeeper as a reflection of her values. The sword helped her fail to uphold her vow to protect Arya - she lost Arya's trust and she used her sword to destroy Arya's guardian so now Arya is alone. So the sword has had an arc. It doesn't need to have anything to do with LS.

I think there probably will be LS. I'm just arguing that the show hasn't committed to her and that the various threads that tie to her in the book can tie to other things in the show just as well. My best guess for the LS endgame in the books is that she causes the death of Brienne or Jaime, wipes out Walder Frey and a bunch of his house, and that she has some sort of interaction with one of her children. That's not nothing, but its not central either.

Not sure about the sword, but I thought Arya challenging Brienne on not protecting her mom, and then Brienne letting Arya get away, was a nice set-up for her ultimately LSH dilemma. She took an oath to defend Renly, and he died. She took an oath to protect Cat, and she died. She took an oath to find and protect the Stark daughters, and then let one slip away when she was right in front of her (and will probably eventually assume Arya died in the Saltpans slaughter). Then she sees her squire, who I am sure she feels responsible for, hanging from a noose and there's another person she's failing.

Poor Brienne too, not really fair to hang those failures around her neck at all. But they're def putting her in the right mindset to choose killing Jaimie over the noose for reasons beyond simple self-preservation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_characters

Wikipedia is saying that Gendry will have a starring role in Season 5. IMO this means that he will be in at least 2 episodes of the series. Therefore I think the most likely outcome for Gendry would be to join up with Brienne or BWB. I don't think he could possibly be in any other story arc. Why would the show bring him back if not to rejoin his story from the series back to his story from the books.

They have kind of set a precedent of trying to use previously introduced characters instead of introducing new ones, eg Gendry = Edric Storm. Because of this I think that Brienne's story will most likely meet with someone we have already met instead of a new character. But tbh who the hell really knows whats going to happen with LS

Personally, I think that would be a terrible idea. I don't think Jon should be resurrected like that, I think, if he really does die and comes back, it should be done via other methods. The BWB are nowhere near the Wall- having them come up there would seem very contrived.

Show Gendry was brusquely sold to a priestess that put a leech on his dick for magic, and who would have sacrificed him to the Red God. [...] I expect him to pop up anywhere but the BWB story.

I agree. Gendry is going to show up anywhere but with the BwB. With Brienne, yes, but now with the BwB.

Archived