Say you wake up tomorrow in Westeros....

Dead

This, though I'd rather teach them biology and chemistry.

Everyone just assumes physics works the same way here as it would in Westeros. I seriously doubt that is the case.

I immediately get myself to Dorne, build a cottage by the sea, and fish/surf for the rest of my days (assuming surfing works, considering physics is different.)

Id run for the Reach/ Highgarden as fast as I could.

Seriously though. The Reach seems the "safest" and most hospitable of the 7 kingdoms. I could earn my keep as game keeper or stableboy for one of the lords there. They seem to treat their smallfolk ok, and have a tight enough grip on their kingdom to stop bandits and marauding armies from coming in.

I get the sense that the Tyrells are basically the Lannisters with a human face. Tricky and cunning, but not unduly harsh and cruel. AmIrite?

Everyone just assumes physics works the same way here as it would in Westeros. I seriously doubt that is the case.

I immediately get myself to Dorne, build a cottage by the sea, and fish/surf for the rest of my days (assuming surfing works, considering physics is different.)

careful, gotta watch out for those blasted greyjoys pillaging and plundering every beach in sight. They're like those goddamn Mongoriens, breaking down mah shitty wall!

Seriously though. The Reach seems the "safest" and most hospitable of the 7 kingdoms. I could earn my keep as game keeper or stableboy for one of the lords there. They seem to treat their smallfolk ok, and have a tight enough grip on their kingdom to stop bandits and marauding armies from coming in.

I get the sense that the Tyrells are basically the Lannisters with a human face. Tricky and cunning, but not unduly harsh and cruel. AmIrite?

not openly harsh and cruel. Grandmama Tyrell is just as devious as Petyr Baelish can be. Think of it. Margaery, was engaged and/or married to, 3 kings so far. How do you think that happened?

They know what to do. Theyre not known for bloodbaths and mass slaughter, but they certainly play the game right.

Well math would work the same because it's all true simply by definition. And I'd be able to demonstrate advanced mathematics' ability to describe the world because I'd use it to try and describe and quantify the world. And if physics works differently I'd teach them how to discover it via scientific method by means of hypothesis testing, controlled experiments, and elimination of biases. Plus it would be a fun challenge for me to figure out how their world works.

The Reach is the most fertile but probably not the safest especially with the IB raiding now. The Vale is probably the safest currently, natural defenses and far out of IB reach.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if someone introduced coffee,the press and other things that seem so common to us.

Although,would it be worth it to see Cersei or Stannis go through caffeine withdrawl?

Stannis grinded his teeth quite furiously. Davos had realized, he hadn't had his cup of Folger's this morning.

This. Steam engines are not too complicated to build in concept, and once you introduce the idea to the Maesters I'm sure they will run with it. Also I would try to take over the citadel after I have gained a suitable following there. With that mindpower and the wealth of Oldtown I would conquest the world within 10 years.

Basically 'A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthers Court' but more aggressive and I dont know how to build a gatling gun.

Steam engines aren't complicated to explain. Making steel that's good and strong enough for them is another matter, though. A boiler made of whatever steel Westeros has is likely to explode due the pressure.

Basically, it's a nice concept, but you need the tools to make the tools to make it.

I would wait for all these guys to industrialize Westeros with their steam engines and dams and railroads and then I'd begin the communist revolution

LOL

I don't speak westerosi and mine clothes clearly show that im a stranger, probably from some strange, heathen land, somewhere in Essos...

God... im so screwed.

But, if for some miracle, i can speak westerosi, and find some nice westrosi that can take me to Oldtown, i would "invent" the printing press with the help of the maesters, showing them how useful is that invention for their work and mission.

After that i would write some philosophycal works: "The Primacy of Law", "Liberty, Equality and Fraternity" "Contract Between the King and the People"...

And you're quickly murdered in your sleep.

Ok, the Inn of the Kneeling Man by ADWD. You guys know what's nearby? Riverrun. And you know what's surrounding Riverrun? An army of Freys. If you can't hunt or survive in the wilderness, you can't leave. If you leave on your own, you get robbed and maybe killed by bandits. "Husband" might not let you stay, as he probably has enough hands working at the Inn and no amount of modern knowledge will make you better at cleaning the dishes.

So forget all the clever ideas. There is only one outcome: you die.

I'd Americanize Westeros in the only way true Americans know how:

-Make money, the only reason to be alive

-I'd slaughter in the name of R'hllor, and call it just.

-i'd start a chain of fast food pubs with food that are preserved with maester's chemicals to make the meat last longer

-the poor, and children, would work beneath me for the absolute minimalist wage

-i'd war with dorne just for primary resources and villainize them in the eyes of kings landing

WEEEESTEROS... FUCK YEAH!

Well if I managed to get a job as some menial at HighGarden I should be pretty safe... Highgarden is well protected I understand..

Btw, do we know what Winter will be like once it has come to Dorne and the Reach, warmer more fertile places?

Just sort of wet/rainy, or just as brutal as the north itself?

I'd Americanize Westeros in the only way true Americans know how:

-Make money, the only reason to be alive

-I'd slaughter in the name of R'hllor, and call it just.

-i'd start a chain of fast food pubs with food that are preserved with maester's chemicals to make the meat last longer

-the poor, and children, would work beneath me for the absolute minimalist wage

-i'd war with dorne just for primary resources and villainize them in the eyes of kings landing

WEEEESTEROS... FUCK YEAH!

Don't forget to give everybody the right to bear crossbows. Convince Westeros that if everybody walks around with a loaded crossbow, the land will be safer. Give the council of King's Landing millions of gold dragons so they can instill this idea in everyone and make your crossbow factory build more and more crossbows so that you can be rich.

I can't believe I wrote all that drivel about making for the Citadel after earning some usable gear.

I'd head straight for some warm, safe Dornish place in Arianne Martell's bosom.

Yeah id probably wake up and try to find Arianne Martell ASAP. Being her handmaiden wouldnt be so bad, especially if i could peep at Daemon Sand.

Failing that, id make a break for Braavos as soon as humanly possible.

Archived