Connecting the 3 Dragon Heads - Examining Unique Similarities

pobeb

Just to expand on Tyrion being Targaryen because of his lack of grayscale despite being in the infected waters and touching the infected man, I was just reading this.

Daenerys, p 520

"Viserys had oft claimed that Targaryens were untroubled by the pestilences that afflicted common men, and so far as she could tell, it was true. She could remember being cold and hungry and afraid, but never sick."

I personally don't buy that Tyrion will be the head of a dragon, but that line would support your argument that he is Targaryen.

the problem with that is that we have, i believe baelor breakspears children, dying from the spring sickness.

so i dont know know about that statement

the problem with that is that we have, i believe baelor breakspears children, dying from the spring sickness.

so i dont know know about that statement

true.

I wonder if there is any relation to Targs not getting sick and dragons being around? I`d be interested in any info on Targs getting sick before aegon iii?

It doesn't work though. "Three mounts you must ride," not "Three times you must mount." And Dany is then shown three mounts. Same with the treasons. "Three treasons you will know," and whether you count them as MMD/Viserys/Jon or Stannis/Aegon/JonCon, she still knows three separate treasons. Not one.

Again, the "you" in "three mounts you must ride" does not strictly apply to Daenerys, but to the dragon - of which has 2 other heads. Each hero rides a mount, yes, and in Dany's case the mount she rides takes her to bed. I'm submitting that the visions are connected to each time she must travel (mount) to a groom (bed). You contest that my interpretation is wrong because the prophecy makes no mention of riding each of the respective mounts (to bed, dread, and love) 3 different times. I contest: So? Dany just has to ride a mount to bed, the prophecy doesn't distinguish whether that's once or multiple times - my interpretation is that she simply rides the mount that leads to bed. That's her role in the prophecy, to ride that particular mount. The visions express the 3 different scenarios in which she'll ride a mount to bed.

But since you're so eager to establish that the visions are directly tied (sequentially) with the Undying's prophetic triplet, and that the Undying triplet is only about Dany, why don't we try to connect the dots from your perspective?

A fire ". . . for life and one for death and one to love . . ." How are you reconciling this with the "daughter of death" visions of Viserys, Rhaego, and Rhaegar? Or the "slayer of lies" visions of Stannis, fAegon, and the great stone beast?

Also, I think you're completely ignoring the themes to each set of visions: daughter of death, slayer of lies, bride of fire. You have to justify how each aspect of the Undying triplet works into these themes.

Not such an easy feat, as you're hopefully beginning to understand. But no worries, because I've already justified those connections:

You'll notice that I cited specfic examples and juxtaposed each key word (in this case "life") to the key theme of a specific line of visions (in this case the "daughter of death" visions). They call her "daughter of death" in the visions that show 3 men who have died that were important to her: Viserys, Rhaego, and Rhaegar. This is what the Undying are suggesting that the "fire for life" is for. She lost 3 dragons to death, lit a fire, and brought 3 dragons to life. Remember, she's asking them to explain their meaning of the triplet to HER ("Help me. Show me"), and they give her visions of how her role in the triplet is to be accomplished, but not how the triplet is accomplished in full (all 3 heads). I don't see how you can reconcile the connections any other way than how I've interpreted it - but I welcome anyone who can actually show me otherwise.

could there be a double header?

An initial trial run with the then-current frontrunners (Aegon, Tyrion, Daenerys),

then a game of musical chairs ensues (betrayals, dragondancing, hyjinx),

during which the 3-Heads undergo a lineup shift to settle on their final arrangement (Jon, Jaime, Podrick Targaryen)

Your funny, so are noobs, "guys I think the dragon is 3 people for 3 riders." Tyrion, Jon and Dany, sorry but after seeing the same thread done a few dozen times over it gets funny. Doesn't make it wrong it's just funny watching people from all over the world come down this path.

Though in no way shape or form is Aegon a favorite, dude is begging to be Dragon BBQ. Tyrion and Dany, sure, but I would not bet on Jon either. It used to make sense to me, but I am throwing Arya out there before Jon. Though Jon could be part of a lineup change. Don't need to be a Targ to ride a Dragon. Not all Valyrians were Targs after all. But the random riders from TPATQ pretty much showed that. Maybe just a pinch of dragons blood from a 1000 years ago. Well everyone comes from Essos originally so there you go.

I mean lets say Tyrion is a Targ, then doesn't that make both Dany and Arya his sisters, which makes this an odd parallel to Aegon and his sisters, and Martin loves his parallels. Jon may have his own group which is the inverse of this one. However if it was Jon, Tyrion and Dany, then Tyrion is the middle man he is the balance.

Also, I think you're completely ignoring the themes to each set of visions: daughter of death, slayer of lies, bride of fire. You have to justify how each aspect of the Undying triplet works into these themes

Thing is... you can explain this triplet too with the three heads theory.

Daughter of death - Dany, Jon and Tyrion each killed their mother at birth

Slayer of Lies - Tyrion really gets the cake each time he plays the Game of Thrones, especially in book 2

Bride of Fire - Jons bride was kissed by fire, according to Wildling tradition

And last, but not least:

- They each represent the 3 things used to temper Lightbringer’s blade:

- The water used first to temper lightbringer represents the birth of Dany, born in the midst of a storm.

- The lion used to temper lightbringer represents the birth of Tyrion, born in the home of the lions - Casterly Rock.

- The love of Nissa Nissa used to temper lightbringer represents Jon, born of love in the Tower of Joy.

Jon, Tyrion, and Daenerys are the 3 heads of the dragon, and will be the key players in the "war for the dawn".

Something is missing here.

1. What is the Lightbringer?

2. Who will be AAR?

This theory is great on every part, except this: Wouldn't GRRM find it repetitive to plant 2 secret Targs? Maybe Tyrion can ride the dragon without being Aerys' son. I think I read somewhere that Targs are just much better at controlling dragons, but anyone else doing it is not impossible.

This theory is great on every part, except this: Wouldn't GRRM find it repetitive to plant 2 secret Targs? Maybe Tyrion can ride the dragon without being Aerys' son. I think I read somewhere that Targs are just much better at controlling dragons, but anyone else doing it is not impossible.

The general idea is that it is stated that the Prince that was promised or Azor Ahai Reborn or whatever has to be a direct descendant of Aerys II. Therefore all the fuzz. It doesn't mean that those will become the dragon riders (and I find that unlikely since Victarion will most likely hijack one in the next book).

to the OP;

I see a problem with the statement "three different family factions" and then choosing Rhaella; Rhaegar; and Joanna to represent these three factions. Rhaegar is Rhaella's son. These two, are not really two different factions. And Joanna has no ties to the Targaryens that we know of...how do you define a "faction"? this seems rather random....

Jon is Lyanna's son -- he's third only through Rhaegar -- first and only son, through Lyanna. He, Aegon and Rhaenys do not really rep. one single family faction either since they are half-siblings. The same for Tyrion/Cersei/Jaime...Tyrion who would be Joanna's third; but Aerys's second...thus making Dany, Rhaella's third; but Aery's fourth...

The way I see it, for these family factions one can argue through the fathers or the mothers. Not both at the same time; the way it suits best for argument's sake. Hence, if we go only through the mothers, Tyrion and Dany are indeed third but Jon isn't. If we go only through the fathers; only Jon is third...in any case, I don't believe Tyrion is a secret Targ either; nor that he'll be a dragon rider...

I think Tyrion will be involved a great deal with the dragon riders; as is foreshadowed in his chapters (the cyvasse game with Aegon; later in the WoW chapter) but not be a rider himself. Tyrion for now, is imo the connecting dot between all three riders -- that I believe to be Dany (Drogon); Jon (Viserion) - and Aegon (Rhaegal).

(I link the piece of foreshadowing in Tyrion's WoW chapter to represent Jon; and see it as a parallel to his last Dance chapter...the same way I see the black onyx dragon during Tyrion/Aegon's cyvasse game to represent Dany.)

Brown Ben Plumm is a possibility as well as a first (but not last) rider for Viserion....It's interesting to note concerning Viserion, that he was named after Viserys; a second son. That he liked Brown Ben, a second son. That if Jon gets to ride him; he's too a second son. And so is Tyrion. -- still; I don't think Tyrion will ride him -- merely, be involved in some way or another with Viserion's destiny. Also; Viserion's color as has been noted many times in the past; recalls Ghost's, somewhat. He's the white dragon.... The name itself makes me think of 1) Viserys obviously :) ; 2) vision/visionary 3) vicious 4) Visenya...

“The cream and gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not."

I read that as a hint that Viserion/the dragon's rider will conquer Westeros in the end.... Rhaegal's rider imo, will either be King (for a time at least) or will appear kingly >> the name sounds similar to Regal in my mind; so that's an easy connection to make. Also, the dragon is green, bringing the first dance to mind...and there's the whole emerald/green = deception theory, too.

From Dany’s interactions with Viserion (he seems the quietest, cuddliest of her dragons iirc); I expect that whoever gets to ride Viserion will actually side with Dany. Hence why the Tyrion connection is so important – he’s the one driving the first wedge between Dany and fAegon; advising fAegon to go to Westeros instead...and Tyrion had a sort of understanding going on with Jon, too.

I’m not at all arguing for a Jon/Dany pairing! Not at all. Only, considering what Maester Aemon told Sam – I’d expect that Jon will have both information and sense to seek out Dany rather than Aegon...especially if he is unsure about Aegon’s birth, this would prove an adequate motivation as well. I don’t think anyone would appreciate a distant relative trying to pass as your murdered half-brother.

Also, I expect that Dany's landing will not go well at all -- she'll be hard pressed to find allies; hence Jon would be a position to negotiate the terms of their "alliance".... that might not be the case at all with fAegon... And Dany does dream about an army of ice; so it makes sense that she take part in the battle against WW.

While we cannot be sure that a skinchanger with Valyrian blood could slip into the skin of a dragon – I wonder what consequences that would have on the human skinchanger? I can see the following happening = extremely volatile temper (that famous “waking the dragon” line will imo, prove very adequate for Jon in the future); and lingering affection for Dany, “mother” of dragons... and Jon has always been looking for his mother. ;) is that disturbing? This is how I see their relationship developing – not as that of lovers, but that of unconditional loyalty between close kin.

(we know from Varamyr that human skinchangers are influenced by the animal they control; and take on some of their characteristics. So if the dragons are fond of Dany....and a skinchanger takes on a dragon....)

I think it stronger without the Aerys thread. I was going to mention GRRM's statement that the three heads don't all have to be Targs.

Actually, I think he referred to dragon riders--not the three heads--although I agree that the final three dragon riders are the three heads. But the real point is that GRRM might have been playing a word game--you don't expect him to give away that there has to be another hidden Targ do you (or even one hidden Targ, for that matter, as GRRM would not consider Jon a known hidden Targ to all readers)? If Tyrion is the son of Aerys, he would not be a Targaryen, he would be Tyrion Hill, a Targ bastard raised in the Westerlands, so technically he is not a Targ. And Jon, even if not a bastard, was not raised as a Targaryen, but rather as Snow, so one could argue that he is not really a Targaryen. The question that should have been put to GRRM was whether the three dragon riders would have Targ blood, a question he did not really answer.

If there are "three heads of the dragon" then it only makes sense that they would be three main characters. So all the other possible Targ descendants (like Brown Ben Plumm) are just not significant enough to the story to be one of the heads of the dragon. We also know that it was not just Rhaegar but also Aemon who dreamed that the "dragon must have three heads." So it appears fairly likely that we will have a three-headed dragon (and not one person--Jon--with three aspects as only one of the aspects would be Targaryen so how is that a three-headed dragon). To be a head of a dragon, it seems that Targ blood is necessary--it is their freakin' sigil after all. So Tyrion may appear to be one hidden Targ too many, but if the three-headed dragon is going to be three people with Targ blood who end up being allied in the end to save humanity, then we don't really have too many other candidates other than Tyrion because no other main characters seem eligible for the role--and that makes Tyrion a hidden Targ bastard (as well as many other clues in the book addressed in other threads, like the old A+J=T thread).

Again, the "you" in "three mounts you must ride" does not strictly apply to Daenerys, but to the dragon - of which has 2 other heads. Each hero rides a mount, yes, and in Dany's case the mount she rides takes her to bed. I'm submitting that the visions are connected to each time she must travel (mount) to a groom (bed). You contest that my interpretation is wrong because the prophecy makes no mention of riding each of the respective mounts (to bed, dread, and love) 3 different times. I contest: So? Dany just has to ride a mount to bed, the prophecy doesn't distinguish whether that's once or multiple times - my interpretation is that she simply rides the mount that leads to bed. That's her role in the prophecy, to ride that particular mount. The visions express the 3 different scenarios in which she'll ride a mount to bed.

My point is that if you say the three mounts apply to the gentlemen as well (which I understand), then Dany should have ONE mount. But she has three separate mounts. That makes five mounts. Why don't Tyrion and Jon have additional mounts as well? Why not extra treasons? Why don't any of them burn additional fires?

But since you're so eager to establish that the visions are directly tied (sequentially) with the Undying's prophetic triplet, and that the Undying triplet is only about Dany, why don't we try to connect the dots from your perspective?

A fire ". . . for life and one for death and one to love . . ." How are you reconciling this with the "daughter of death" visions of Viserys, Rhaego, and Rhaegar? Or the "slayer of lies" visions of Stannis, fAegon, and the great stone beast?

Well for one thing, I do it the other way around. "Slayer of lies" refers to the three fires she'll light, "daughter of death" to the three treasons she'll know. The vision of Viserys shows her his treason for gold, the vision of Rhaego shows her MMD's treason for blood, the vision of Rhaegar whispering Lyanna's name shows her Jon's eventual treason for love. The visions of Stannis/Jon Snow, Aegon, and the third individual (I've seen speculations include Jon Snow, JonCon, Euron...) are harder to parse, but at a guess I'd say Aegon is the fire for death for sure.

Also, I think you're completely ignoring the themes to each set of visions: daughter of death, slayer of lies, bride of fire. You have to justify how each aspect of the Undying triplet works into these themes.

No, I'm not. "Bride of fire" applies to the three men in the visions either way, I've never ignored them. Slayer of lies refers to how the fires she'll light will reveal the truth. Daughter of death refers to how each treason has a fatal cost.

Not such an easy feat, as you're hopefully beginning to understand.

Literally the only difficult part is figuring out what the visions refer to.

Really good thread.

Great job OP!

I'm on board with the 3 heads being Tyrion/Jon/Dany.

My own theory is a little more crackpot.

I actually believe:

1. Tyrion is a Targ. Mother Joanna Lannister. Father... Rhaegar Targaryen. (Rhaegar would have been 14 years old at time of conception... that's not too young, IMO. Tyrion = bookish. Rhaegar = bookish. Rhaegar then decides to become a knight so that he may visit Tyrion in Lannisport and at all tournaments... and oversee him. GRRM includes in his story that Joanna & Princess of Dorne were both compainions to Rhaella Targaryen. All the talk of those women and love... I assign huge importance there. And I believe that GRRM would know, once he assigned Tyrion's eyes as black/green, that we'd be searching for a Targ father for Tyrion... so he misdirects us with a line about Aerys II lusting for Joanna upon their marriage night. Aerys knows of the Rhaegar/Joanna spawn, Tyrion, and this alone is enough for denying a pairing of Rhaegar-to-Cersei: Imp Children.)

2. Jon Snow. Originally named Aegon. In the HotU, I contest the vision of Rhaegar, woman, baby named Aegon is actually Rhaegar, Lyanna, baby Aegon/Ay-gon/Ay-jon/Jon. (I know GRRM had said "It's Elia"... but I don't think GRRM had any choice in making this response when asked. What was he supposed to say? Besides, Dany doesn't know first-hand what either Rhaella or Elia would have looked like... so how would Dany know in the vision!! Impossible for her to know. In Dany's follow up chapter after HotU, GRRM follows up this vision a 2nd time, with Dany discussing with Jorah. And Jorah tells her that it must be Elia. How conveniently we are lead to that line of thinking by GRRM.)

3. Daenerys... twin sister to Jon Snow, via Lyanna/Rhaegar. Mmhmm. Twins. I peg Dany's story of being "born on Dragonstone" during a "Storm" to be a fabricated story. She's a bastard like "Snow", but "Storm". Smuggled out of ToJ by either Tyrion or Oberyn Martell. How can a Targ looking girl possibly survive in Westeros. [btw. I believe that both Rhaenys & AegonVI were actually spawn of Elia Martell + Oberyn... incest siblings... backed by fact that mom (the PoD) tried to cross-marry them to her friend (Joanna's) incest siblings. Convenient, hell yeah. It also gives even MORE substance to Oberyn's revenge upon the Mountain. Oberyn also is one of the few that visits Dany in Braavos. And, the guy that brings Dany over, Willem Darry, was Rhaegar's Master-at-Arms when he decided to become a knight. Lots and lots of ties. And how many characters could actually confirm a full-bellied Rhaella on Dragonstone? Make a list. Any?)

I like my theory because, like the original Dragon-Riders, this makes all three-Targs siblings, same dad: Rhaegar.

It also means that Rhaegar could've had all three by love. His first love being Joanna Lannister, who he'd have spent ample time with at King's Landing.

From everything painted of Rhaegar... I don't see him as a "fulfill a prophecy" guy... I see him as a "for love" guy.

Song of Ice & Fire then becomes threefold as well.

1. White Walkers vs. Dragons

2. The parents: Rhaegar & Lyanna

3. The offspring: Twins - Jon & Dany (I mean... Rhaegar singing the song to his newborn twins... how absolutely wonderful & dreamy... ahhhh)

Anyways... back to the OP... I really like the three theory!!!

I subscribe to much of it.

(I'm just too sold that it makes a better story if all three-heads are siblings... as it replicates the original three Targs taking the throne. Dany as an "aunt" to Jon... it just doesn't seem story-worthy... to me. But the threes stuff, fabulous.)

2. Jon Snow. Originally named Aegon. In the HotU, I contest the vision of Rhaegar, woman, baby named Aegon is actually Rhaegar, Lyanna, baby Aegon/Ay-gon/Ay-jon/Jon. (I know GRRM had said "It's Elia"... but I don't think GRRM had any choice in making this response when asked. What was he supposed to say? Besides, Dany doesn't know first-hand what either Rhaella or Elia would have looked like... so how would Dany know in the vision!! Impossible for her to know, she MIGHT have guessed if the "woman" was her "mother". In Dany's follow up chapter after HotU, GRRM follows up this vision a 2nd time, with Dany discussing with Jorah. And Jorah tells her that it must be Elia. How conveniently we are lead to that line of thinking by GRRM.)

GRRM has said that scene was Rhaegar and Ellia.

Plus Rhaegar was already dead around two months when GRRM says Jon was born.

There is now way that Rhaegar and Jon were ever in the same room (minus fetus Jon of course)

3. The offspring: Twins - Jon & Dany (I mean... Rhaegar singing the song to his newborn twins... how absolutely wonderful & dreamy... ahhhh)

Anyways... back to the OP... I really like the three theory!!!

I subscribe to much of it.

(I'm just too sold that it makes a better story if all three-heads are siblings... as it replicates the original three Targs taking the throne. Dany as an "aunt" to Jon... it just doesn't seem story-worthy... to me. But the threes stuff, fabulous.)

It might make a better story, that is a matter of opinion, but this particular part of the theory--that Jon and Dany are twins--ignores that they are not the same age. Dany is 8-9 months younger than Jon. GRRM plays word games and misdirects, but I don't think he outright lies. He stated that Dany was born 8-9 months after Jon. If Rhaegar is Dany's father, then Rhaegar got busy with his own mother, Dany's mother, when Rhaegar visited Aerys in KL before going to Trident. I tend to doubt that happened--we have seen brother-sister incest, but not son-mother incest.

It might make a better story, that is a matter of opinion, but this particular part of the theory--that Jon and Dany are twins--ignores that they are not the same age. Dany is 8-9 months younger than Jon. GRRM plays word games and misdirects, but I don't think he outright lies. He stated that Dany was born 8-9 months after Jon. If Rhaegar is Dany's father, then Rhaegar got busy with his own mother, Dany's mother, when Rhaegar visited Aerys in KL before going to Trident. I tend to doubt that happened--we have seen brother-sister incest, but not son-mother incest.

Plus add to that I don't think the timeline could even work.

I think Aerys sent his wife and child to Dragonstone because Rhaegar died and the threat became very real.

If Dany was born eight months after the Sack of Kings Landing, I am pretty sure Rhaegar was no where near there or even dead when Dany was conceived.

Well, you are welcome to disagree... but at least read my post correctly if you are going to counter.

I never claim Daenerys is the child of Rhaegar/Rhaella.

My theory is that Dany/Jon are twins.

If an author doesn't want somebody to guess this grand theory... do you know what they would do... find a "story" that places them in different birth years.

Nobody would give a second thought of them being twins if their "birth stories" place them in different birth years.

But who is a credible witness for Dany's physical birth? (I'm talking about who might have viewed the baby physically coming out of Rhaella's womb.)

Make a list.

Plus add to that I don't think the timeline could even work.

I think Aerys sent his wife and child to Dragonstone because Rhaegar died and the threat became very real.

If Dany was born eight months after the Sack of Kings Landing, I am pretty sure Rhaegar was no where near there or even dead when Dany was conceived.

Yes... and again... this all assumes that Rhaella was pregnant upon being sent to Dragonstone.

WHO can confirm this?

Make a list.

It will be shorter than you think.

re: GRRM "lying".

In the appendix of the books, find the name [Aegon Targaryen] in the recent Targaryen lineage.

Brother to Rhaenys.

It says he is dead, murdered at the sack of King's Landing.

Did GRRM lie to us by putting this in there?

Potayto, potahto.

AegonVI is dead.

That's the story... until it's not the story.

ASOIAF contains many "stories" of characters.

These "stories" are conveyed by either what a character has seen first-hand... or... from the story passed on by some other character.

Some of these stories are truths, some are fabrications.

If you assume that everything "story" conveyed in the book is a truth... you are shutting your mind off from coming up with some really wonderful storylines.

My 2 cents.

Well, you are welcome to disagree... but at least read my post correctly if you are going to counter.

I never claim Daenerys is the child of Rhaegar/Rhaella.

My theory is that Dany/Jon are twins.

If an author doesn't want somebody to guess this grand theory... do you know what they would do... find a "story" that places them in different birth years.

Nobody would give a second thought of them being twins if they are born in different years.

But who is a credible witness for Dany's physical birth.

Make a list.

Yes... and again... this all assumes that Rhaella was pregnant upon being sent to Dragonstone.

WHO can confirm this?

Make a list.

It will be shorter than you think.

re: GRRM "lying".

In the appendix of the books, finding the name [Aegon Targaryen] in the Targaryen lineage.

It says he is dead, murdered at the sack of King's Landing.

Did GRRM lie to us by putting this in there?

Potayto, potahto.

ASOIAF contains many "stories" of characters.

These "stories" are conveyed by either what a character has seen first-hand... or... from the story passed on by some other character.

Some of these stories are truths, some are fabrications.

If you assume that everything "story" conveyed in the book is a truth... you are shutting your mind off from coming up with some really wonderful storylines.

My 2 cents.

So you think Jon is the Son of Aerys? or that Dany is the Daughter of Lyanna?

Either way that does not work.

How did Daenerys get to Dragonstone if she was at the Tower of Joy?

How did Aerys meet with Lyanna?

So you think Jon is the Son of Aerys? or that Dany is the Daughter of Lyanna?

Either way that does not work.

How did Daenerys get to Dragonstone if she was at the Tower of Joy?

How did Aerys meet with Lyanna?

(edit).

I have Rhaegar as the father of all three.

Rhaegar + Joanna = Tyrion

Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon/Dany*. (*Dany would need to be removed from her twin brother at ToJ. Sometime in her first 9months, she can be smuggled to Dragonstone - obviously because she, unlike Jon, looks like a Targ and needs to be removed from Westeros. A 9yr old Viserys would have no idea whether a baby is a "newborn" or 9-month old. Willem Darry could keep this secret. For all we know, Oberyn Martell could have smuggled her to Dragonstone. For me, this works: Oberyn, because I believe Elia/Oberyn were lovers and Rhaegar was aware of this. Thus, Oberyn is a faithful friend to Rhaegar. The story would be fabricated by Darry/Oberyn and passed down to the young Viserys. Tell any 9-year old boy something over & over, he might re-tell that story as a truth. End Crackpot Theory.)

great except Wouldn't GRRM find it repetitive to plant 2 secret Targs?

Maybe Tyrion can ride the dragon without being Aerys' son.

There can be multiple secret targs and that can still be okay cuz everyone who's out of favor--and that's a long list--is either hiding in "secret" or dead, so it's not that uncommon. (Arya says hi.) And these secret targs are not all birds of the same feather, so it doesn't seem turbo-redundant to me.

I'm in favor of your second line ^ being true. Tyrion was punished by Tywin for Aerys raping Joanna (or "manipula-raping" by simply being the king and implying she really should comply). So when Tywin discovered this had been going on he responded by spurning his more hatable son and hitting him with the heinous use of rape against Tyrion's love interest, in response to the crimes of Aerys...... but as has been said, Tywin was also confused. I'm thinking it had been going on between Aerys and Joanna on a semi-regular basis.... meaning the word "whore" might have come to Tywin's lips when he found out, and then he'd have been wracked with twisted emotions after that, including regret for what he'd said to Joanna in his rage, and he couldn't come after the king with his rage so he had no outlet for it... until he dumped it on Tyrion..... but he was WRONG: Joanna would've kept it secret for as long as she could, the dates and frequency of her trysts with Aerys, to protect Tywin from doing something in response that'd just have gotten him killed.... so Tywin was confused into thinking Aerys fathered Tyrion when really it was the twins who are the secret Targs. Tywin didn't want to even consider that.... so he closed his eyes to the possibility and bashed Tyrion like a punching bag.

(This way we get to match up the behavior of each sibling with the most appropriate parentage, which goes along nicely with GRRM's theme that the blood will out----meaning that Jaime and Cersei act like the true dragons they are despite what they believe their parentage to be, and Tyrion acts like the true son of Tywin that he is despite being told "you're no son of mine" his whole life, and Joff was true to the crazy side of his targ lineage despite believing he was Baratheon and his parents believing he was Lannister. See how it all snaps together nicely???) (The other extension of this that I like is that Tommen is basically the Targ cousin of Daenerys & Aegon the invading dragonheads.... which will either add to the tragedy when Cersei or someone kills Tommy rather then let him fall into the hands of his.....family!, or the truth could somehow shake out and this Targ blood could even be Tommen's get-out-of-death-free card---if he behaves his way into the Targ's good graces by letting his blood come to the surface when he stands up to the "usurpers" who are trying to burn down KL before the Targs can reclaim it. I don't know what Jaime's Targness could mean for him. There's no obvious path to forgiveness for him, but there are super-strange ways to go with him and Daenerys should they get a chance to hash it all out in a knock-down-drag-out argument in which all sorts of truths come to light.)

So Tyrion can use dragon science to master a dragon despite being a true Lann, and this also sets the stage for him to betray Daenerys on the basis of his blood not being Targ, not being a true head of the dragon (even though he'll claim a dragon and ride off). Also, I like the part of this topic's theory about how Tyrion is there as the lion who will "temper" Daenerys, in other words urge her not to go as nuts on Westeros as she'll want to. He'll be there to talk her down, to say "Hey, I'm usually the one who's over the top and you're making me look like the cautious one, so that means you probably need to cool it, fire lady. And then when she won't listen, his loyalty will be to Westeros and preventing it from being screwed over even more by invaders more callous than him.

Something is missing here.

1. What is the Lightbringer?

2. Who will be AAR?

I'm going to be disappointed if Lightbringer is just a reference to a particular someone's pork sword and the tempering of lightbringer just refers to his/her parentage. Because everyone has parentage, so that'd render the entire prophecy completely unremarkable.

(edit).

I have Rhaegar as the father of all three.

Rhaegar + Joanna = Tyrion

Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon/Dany*. (*Dany would need to be removed from her twin brother at ToJ. Sometime in her first 9months, she can be smuggled to Dragonstone - obviously because she, unlike Jon, looks like a Targ and needs to be removed from Westeros. A 9yr old Viserys would have no idea whether a baby is a "newborn" or 9-month old. Willem Darry could keep this secret. For all we know, Oberyn Martell could have smuggled her to Dragonstone. For me, this works: Oberyn, because I believe Elia/Oberyn were lovers and Rhaegar was aware of this. Thus, Oberyn is a faithful friend to Rhaegar. The story would be fabricated by Darry/Oberyn and passed down to the young Viserys. Tell any 9-year old boy something over & over, he might re-tell that story as a truth. End Crackpot Theory.)

Why would they separate Jon & Dany?

Why would they send Dany to the protection of Dragonstone and not Jon?

Why would they take Dany away from her mother?

What killed Rhaella?

Why would GRRM say Jon was born @ a month after the Sack and Dany was @ 8 months after the Sack?

Why pretend that Dany was Rhaegar's sister and not child?

Who took Dany to Dragonstone?

Why wouldn't Lyanna tell Ned to protect Jon, AND FIND MY DAUGHTER?

I have like a 100 more but that will get you started

Archived