TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

Hello 4 eyed raven! And great name! Haha. It's awesome that you're in school. I got my undergrad in psychology so I know exactly what your talking about with all the research that goes along with the degree.

Haha! Great minds think alike! Hopefully there are no more ___ Eyed Ravens on the foum/in this thread. Otherwise it's going to get a little confusing. And yay for science/social science nerds!

Boy, this spam is slow!

How is "still exam period at the home uni" a perfect timing? :P Mine was the first two weeks of a new semester at the home uni, which was a bit unfortunate, but I managed.

Nah, not the running kind. All-Stars, the colour I fell in love with some months ago, but they were never on sale in my size, so I have given up hope of ever finding them. Then they were there yesterday, my pefrect size on display even, and looking at me very meanly. :pirate:

Researcher and professor sounds brilliant. Good luck with publishing your thesis, I hope I can publish some research or paper some time.

:cheers: to people who like school!

Are you in the USA? I thought you were, but now I see OER's post and remembered most Amuricans talk of post-grad and under-grad studies (still not sure which is which)and you speak of BA and Master, so you might be in Europe? :idea:

The perfect timing applied to the first part of that sentence. That it would have been the first week of my semester, the part about how it was still the end of their exam period was just an additional info I guess :lol:

Oh a converse? I don't really wear sneakers, but my sister loves them.

That's one great question. Can sy please explain the whole undergrad post grad thing? *puppy eyes* thanks!

Researcher and professor sounds brilliant. Good luck with publishing your thesis, I hope I can publish some research or paper some time.

:cheers: to people who like school!

Are you in the USA? I thought you were, but now I see OER's post and remembered most Amuricans talk of post-grad and under-grad studies (still not sure which is which) and you speak of BA and Master, so you might be in Europe? :idea:

I'm in the USA! I'm a Californian right now, though I hope to move to Oregon or Washington or maybe the northeast coast in the next few years, after I finish my Master's. A BA and MA is the same thing as undergrad and postgrad studies. :) The terms are used interchangably here.

I'm guessing many of you are Europeans, since there's usually a surge of new posts while I'm sleeping. I haven't gotten a chance to go to Europe yet, but I want to reeeeeeeeeeeally badly.

I'm in the USA! I'm a Californian right now, though I hope to move to Oregon or Washington or maybe the northeast coast in the next few years, after I finish my Master's. A BA and MA is the same thing as undergrad and postgrad studies. :) The terms are used interchangably here.

I'm guessing many of you are Europeans, since there's usually a surge of new posts while I'm sleeping. I haven't gotten a chance to go to Europe yet, but I want to reeeeeeeeeeeally badly.

We're in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and America, we need a penguin to be complete :D

Undergraduate students consist of those studying for their AA or BA/BS. Postgraduate students are getting their MA/MS or PhD. There are tons of other programs/degrees with different initials, but I wouldn't want to confuse everyone. Instead of an MA (Master's of Arts), I could also have gotten my MSW (Master's in Social Work). The abbreviations really depend on the department you are learn in (Arts versus Science). The technical aspects of what is considered Arts versus Science is too confusing for me to explain.

I work in the Office of Graduate Studies and Research on campus, so that's how I (sort of) know this stuff, besides the fact that I've been a college student for a loooong time.

Aaaaah, see. So it's the same, 3+2 years in the US too? Good luck with your studies, it's so cool you are so dedicated to your field of science. Sociology is interesting, though I barely had any related classes. I wish we had more of it.

:lol: it's the same for me when I wake up and Americans produced 5 pages of spam while I slept. Well, not now, the spam is slow, everybody is busy with vacation and summer activities.

Ah okay, now I get it (under and post grad). Thanks for explaining. :)

Yep, 2 years on average per degree. Master's may take longer, and PhDs even longer than that.

I will be interested to see this "race" unfold for the first time. I may or may not partake. But if I do, and I win, I know exactly what spam-related pun I'm going to name thread #431.

Went to a employment agency...not the one I was aiming for. Seems they moved or something, but I found another one and the lady I spoke with was very impressed with my experience. Have an interview with the owner on Thursday. I am hoping they can find me something (they do "temp to permanent" placements like the place I was looking for)

Gooooooooooood luck!

Haha! Great minds think alike! Hopefully there are no more ___ Eyed Ravens on the foum/in this thread. Otherwise it's going to get a little confusing. And yay for science/social science nerds!

You can bet there are!

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/72190-threeeyesraven/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/87561-three-eyedbloodraven/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/83394-threeeyedraven/

Plus a bunch of other n-number-eyed-creatures around here. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1 <- not sure if this link to the search results will work? There are 3 pages of results for "eyed" members.

Oh a converse? I don't really wear sneakers, but my sister loves them.

What do you mostly wear? I wear sandals when it is hot, but trainers are really what is most comfortable for me for when it is not, and they are okay with jeans.

We would all be very welcoming if you ever decide on doing so. :)

Thanks for the explanation. So basically I will remember graduate = BA, postgraduate = MA/PhD, that makes sense enough.

I will be interested to see this "race" unfold for the first time. I may or may not partake. But if I do, and I win, I know exactly what spam-related pun I'm going to name thread #431.

With the pace the thread is moving these days, this will take some time still ... :ninja:

Lany, I really hope you get set up with a job you want! :grouphug:

LadyO :WUB: Are you getting any of the smoke from the Napa fire? :leaving: we have had cloudy skies for days because of it

Hey Katie! :grouphug: you're fitting in wonderfully, I hope you become a regular here!!!!

Also, TTTNE is a lot more positive than chat :thumbsup: so please stay!

I passed this year of school, they said they'd call before 19:00 if you failed

YES! MY FEFE IS NOT A LOSER !!! :commie:

no offence to anyone who ever failed anything , i'm just proud of my fefe !

btw fefe, i checked my e-mail for the sample you sent me and i found nothing but i have been having some trouble with that since my stupid cousin did his prank some time ago so i'm just gonna make a new one and pm it to you .

Heyo spamigos!

Just a fly by to leave some and

Hanging out with the bros and looking forward to the football game tonight. Having both brothers home is a luxury!

Congrats, FoMN!

i have an excuse , a horrible one but still :P

*looks at all the graduating people* :crying:

also , welcome 4 eyed raven :cheers: :grouphug: good luck with not going crazy with thesis fever , i hear it's a real downer -_-

good news : not going to court . bad news : i feel like a tiny kid again with my father handling the shitstorm i conjured >.<

more good news actually , like always the beautiful Hungarian girl managed to work her ever enchanting magic over me again :D

in other news i finally ate properly ! damn that woman for taking me away from my beautiful kitchen :tantrum:

summer programs are usually not that interesting here , to me anyway because people do that just for travel and i've already traveled far and wide and would get lonely and homesick if i was on the program alone without any true friends .

also i wish i could get extra classes in the summer to finish earlier but that's a nonono in my field >.<

Gooooooooooood luck!

You can bet there are!

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/72190-threeeyesraven/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/87561-three-eyedbloodraven/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/83394-threeeyedraven/

Plus a bunch of other n-number-eyed-creatures around here. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1 <- not sure if this link to the search results will work? There are 3 pages of results for "eyed" members.

What do you mostly wear? I wear sandals when it is hot, but trainers are really what is most comfortable for me for when it is not, and they are okay with jeans.

We would all be very welcoming if you ever decide on doing so. :)

Thanks for the explanation. So basically I will remember graduate = BA, postgraduate = MA/PhD, that makes sense enough.

With the pace the thread is moving these days, this will take some time still ... :ninja:

Oh my goodness! So many people with eyes and ravens! To be honest, when you guys say "trainers", I don't know what you're referring to. Does that mean sneakers? Tennis shoes? Running shoes? There are too many names for essentially the same thing. :dunno: I normally wear flats. Occasionally I'll wear some sort of strappy sandals. I rarely wear tennis shoes/sneakers unless I'm going to the gym or going on a hike, or somewhere with lots of walking all day, like an amusement park. Even so, I still might wear flats instead. I just really like flats, because [NEW FUN FACT ABOUT ME] I'm really tall. And my flats go with everything.

Hey Katie! :grouphug: you're fitting in wonderfully, I hope you become a regular here!!!!

Also, TTTNE is a lot more positive than chat :thumbsup: so please stay!

I'll be sticking around here. :) That chat was definitely not for me. This thread seems generally more positive and full of light fluff. I just have a really hard time interacting with negative people and negative subject matter that doesn't have any shred of positivity attached to it. :(

*looks at all the graduating people* :crying:

also , welcome 4 eyed raven :cheers: :grouphug: good luck with not going crazy with thesis fever , i hear it's a real downer -_-

Thank you! It'll be a lot of work, but I'm determined to handle it and pace myself accordingly so I don't get too overwhelmed. It's only a downer if you make it so. :)

Oh my goodness! So many people with eyes and ravens! To be honest, when you guys say "trainers", I don't know what you're referring to. Does that mean sneakers? Tennis shoes? Running shoes? There are too many names for essentially the same thing. :dunno: I normally wear flats. Occasionally I'll wear some sort of strappy sandals. I rarely wear tennis shoes/sneakers unless I'm going to the gym or going on a hike, or somewhere with lots of walking all day, like an amusement park. Even so, I still might wear flats instead. I just really like flats, because [NEW FUN FACT ABOUT ME] I'm really tall. And my flats go with everything.

I'll be sticking around here. :) That chat was definitely not for me. This thread seems generally more positive and full of light fluff. I just have a really hard time interacting with negative people and negative subject matter that doesn't have any shred of positivity attached to it. :(

hey no shame , girl . flats are sexy and practical :leer:

how tall ? (resident tallest guy around here)

yeah , TTTNE is a sweet place , it's a loving community that'll support you no matter how fucked up you are (not saying that you're fucked up but i trust that you get what i mean . )

i'm guessing you had a run in with Hally or alex or Keg ? :lol: come now , it'll get better :grouphug: , you'll learn to ignore them and tell hally to fuck off when he gets too much .

FER, I was talking about All-Star shoes ... English is not my first language, so I do not know which one exactly you use.

So, um, what would be flats? *googles* Oh I see, just ... well, shoes. :P

I have not been in the chat in ages. (I assume you were referring to the board chat?)

It was someone who apparently doesn't post on the forums anymore because she doesn't get along with people. I'm not going to stir the pot, but I can see why she doesn't post here, seeing as she came off as slightly hostile at the mere idea of me being in there and made offensive remarks about mentally challenged people. Anyway, it's water under the bridge. I chose to remove myself from the chat before an argument broke out, because I'm not going to waste my energy on someone who chooses to be negative. She is the way she is and that's fine, it's not my place to try and change her.

Referring to yourself or anyone else as a "fuck up" is a way of not treating yourself or others with compassion, so I don't prefer to use those terms. We all have things we're dealing with, whether it be personal or within our social circle or environment, and that's perfectly okay. People need to not be so hard on themselves. I say this to people who are struggling all the time...would you speak to your best friend the way you speak to yourself in your head? We are all doing the best we can. Those who glorify their mistakes, perpetuate negativity, or don't try to understand their own faults are no friends of mine. ESPECIALLY those who discriminate against disavtanged groups of people, whether that be based on race, gender, sexual orientation, family situation, income, or physical or mental disability or disadvantage.

I'M ALL ABOUT KINDNESS AND EQUAL RIGHTS, YA'LL. DON'T MESS WITH ME. :leer:

Archived