TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

Watching a documentary about Lance Armstrong and doping, it's absolutely terrifying. Complete insanity.

Doping in sports is one of the things I don't really understand. Once it mattered that you took part in a competition, and nowadays only your successes count. The pressure is high, and sponsors get hectic when you don't achieve a rank at the top.

That's rather sad - and disgusting.

And that's why I like my archery club so much. I don't have to be among the members who actually go for competitions, I can shoot my arrows silently and quietly in the field on some target.

I guess when you go pro at a sport, you sacrifice a lot. You start so young, you have to have that drive to get to the top. You play in a small pond and you get used to winning and needing to win, then you get spewed out into the main sport filled with all these proven athletes who've been going for years, and the pressure is several orders of magnitude greater, but that drive to win at all costs is still there. Your entire life is geared towards winning and nothing else. I hate it, but I absolutely understand it.

I guess when you go pro at a sport, you sacrifice a lot. You start so young, you have to have that drive to get to the top. You play in a small pond and you get used to winning and needing to win, then you get spewed out into the main sport filled with all these proven athletes who've been going for years, and the pressure is several orders of magnitude greater, but that drive to win at all costs is still there. Your entire life is geared towards winning and nothing else. I hate it, but I absolutely understand it.

Yepp, I'd second that. When I was a member of my local rowing club, this was actually quite true - even for those who just rowed for their pleasure.

And thus I, too, have sunk into the venomous pit of teribble capitalistic consumerism. I, who flattered herself that I am a reasonable individual who does not buy things on a whim, have now proved that my will is weak and sinful and that I should not be allowed to roam the shopping centre alone with a bank card on my person. I should be severely punished and kept under lock until I come to my senses and repent for my sins. I am a horrible horrible person, ashamed of myself, and I confess my sin of consumerism to you, dear spammers. May R'hllor have mercy on my soul.

#shameful consumerism #shops #hashtags

On the other hand, I do love my new trainers. :wub:

RB, on deodorants - I have heard before that those with anti-perspirant are bad for your body, but as I was looking at the shelve with them today, they practically all have that in them. I looked for a roll-on or a stick without and found none (I really found not one in a stick that I would like). So there is well, no choice but to buy one with it in them. :dunno:

And thus I, too, have sunk into the venomous pit of teribble capitalistic consumerism. I, who flattered herself that I am a reasonable individual who does not buy things on a whim, have now proved that my will is weak and sinful and that I should not be allowed to roam the shopping centre alone with a bank card on my person. I should be severely punished and kept under lock until I come to my senses and repent for my sins. I am a horrible horrible person, ashamed of myself, and I confess my sin of consumerism to you, dear spammers. May R'hllor have mercy on my soul.

RB, on deodorants - I have heard before that those with anti-perspirant are bad for your body, but as I was looking at the shelve with them today, they practically all have that in them. I looked for a roll-on or a stick without and found none (I really found not one in a stick that I would like). So there is well, no choice but to buy one with it in them. :dunno:

Happy new trainers, Bucky!

You made me laugh, and reminded me of a customer story.

Once i had a customer whose order came to exactly $20. Jokingly, I said to her " Oh I do admire someone who can shop to the exact dollar!"

She patted me on the hand and said "dear that's nothing! You should see me shop to the LAST dollar"

now whats really strange is that women think this is really funny when i tell it, and men get all grumpy.

Hey Bucky! =o)

R'hllor? I don't believe in him. So he won't be able to have mercy on your soul.

To cleanse you from your sin. : :whip: I'm not confining you to the dungeon with the Biebs. That would be a far more terrible punishment I guess.

Hello, Gillio! =o)

Yepp, you're right. I do get grumpy about this.

now whats really strange is that women think this is really funny when i tell it, and men get all grumpy.

But it is funny!

Hey Bucky! =o)

R'hllor? I don't believe in him. So he won't be able to have mercy on your soul.

To cleanse you from your sin. : :whip: I'm not confining you to the dungeon with the Biebs. That would be a far more terrible punishment I guess.

:lol: Are you sure you are not taking my post a bit too seriously? ;)

But it is funny!

:lol: Are you sure you are not taking my post a bit too seriously? ;)

I'm laughing - which you can't see unfortunately. ;o) So, I'm adding a smiley: :lmao:

I liked reading that actually and laughed about it.

:lol: Bucky

I too just went and bought things: A ton of fresh produce! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. My husband was just barely buying the basics, and no extras for me to snack on (I got grapes, watermelon and strawberries!) so I was snacking on bad for me things. I also got the almond flour and organic chocolate chips (the ones made with juice) so I can make some paleo type snacks too. And just having money for me to spend on food makes me happy.

:lol: Bucky

I too just went and bought things: A ton of fresh produce! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. My husband was just barely buying the basics, and no extras for me to snack on (I got grapes, watermelon and strawberries!) so I was snacking on bad for me things. I also got the almond flour and organic chocolate chips (the ones made with juice) so I can make some paleo type snacks too. And just having money for me to spend on food makes me happy.

That sounds great, Lany! =o)

And reminds me that I want to buy a watermelon and some grapes.

is mainly for mylady Olenna who shares my liking for Charles Dance. He's so amazing, and I found out that I did things like him when I played "Vampire" live and some p&p (pen and paper) characters.

is mainly for mylady Olenna who shares my liking for Charles Dance. He's so amazing, and I found out that I did things like him when I played "Vampire" live and some p&p (pen and paper) characters.

My liege.

Did you know that Charles Dance will be appearing in the new Dracula origin story movie?

My liege.

Did you know that Charles Dance will be appearing in the new Dracula origin story movie?

My sworn shield and advisor.

Yes, I do. I watched the trailer a couple of days ago.

I know I have a bit of a trained voice myself - I sang and sing from time to time now - but this voice is just amazing. It's so rich and powerful.

And

makes me laugh everytime. You know, I tried to read the book. But Charles makes that special.

And

makes me laugh everytime. You know, I tried to read the book. But Charles makes that special.

:lmao: OMG!

You know, people on the internet praise Morgan Freeman's voice to the heavens, but Charles Dance can certainly give him a run for his money. That guy is awesome.

Archived