TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

I'm also surprised the Neatherlands didn't score in the first half... What's happening here?

Costa Rica power, that's what's happening here.

That goalkeeper of theirs is pretty awesome, too. :D

Seriously. If they manage to knock the Netherlands off, I'm changing my nick.:D

Suggestions?

Costa Rica power, that's what's happening here.

That goalkeeper of theirs is pretty awesome, too. :D

Seriously. If they manage to knock the Netherlands off, I'm changing my nick.:D

Suggestions?

Yeah, he did amazing with that last penalty :O

If they win... :bowdown: this will indeed be the world cup of surprises (our commentator loves to point this out at every twist of every match... >.<)

Hmmm... I had too much champagne to come up with a more creative idea than CostaRicaDweller :lol:

I'm hoping for a CR win :D But I think it's likely that NL does the same as before and put in the extra gear the last 15 minutes. But I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to extra time. Or even penalties. CR is tough.

Someone just score already! Come on...

I'm watching a marathon of Dirty Jobs.

It's 90 degrees outside and it's 5pm. Why.

You asked about the race, here's the last one from post 951 - you can skim through and see how short they all are and how close the time stamps are. our last race

Poster #1,000 starts the next thread and picks the theme.

Inconsiderate pooch! :P

Hope things are good otherwise, Gill?

When I arrived at my board game event, LibertyCon yesterday, the first thing I was told upon entering was that our friend, Nelson, had passed away just after noon.

Last year Nelson asked me why I wasn't at the event, and I said I'd never gotten an invite and frankly hadn't even heard of it till he mentioned it. So it was because of Nelson that I was there and then the first thing I'm told when I walk is that he's gone. Words like irony don't fit, though. I just feel empty.

Our friend Bruce left there on Thursday and headed to Buffalo arriving at the hospital just a couple of hours before he died and read him that card from his board gaming friends. It is some small comfort to know that he knew that people cared about him.

It was good to be with some many friends I've known for close to 30 years. Many I've seen grow up and now have kids of their own. It's a pretty diverse age group - the oldest person there was 85 and as young as 22. No kids his time though we've had them younger than 10 in the past.

That house was packed. close to 40 gamers crammed into it.

So sad day, but perhaps an appropriate way to remember a friend - with mutual friends.

And it rained pretty much all the way down and back because of tropical storm Arthur . . .

Thanks HC, nothing much happening, just trying not to drown in paperwork, and stay awake long enough to do it!!!

So sorry about Nelson, I'm glad you told us about him.

Hello, Spamily and Spamigos

I'm so sorry for your lost Honeyed Chicken :grouphug:

Though, I'm really happy he was able to know how much peopled cared about him.....

I think that's one of my unsaid fears when death is of me.... Would I be missed.... You know? Honestly speaking.

Yes, Koba, Visa, Embassy? How's that going?

How is everyone doing?

Cora, I would miss you, and anyway, you will live on in these pages forever :)

This got me thinking. Sure, not being missed by relatives and "friends" is a scary thought. However, I think that it's much more unsettling to know that one day you will just be remembered as a long gone relative by future generations. That is, if you don't become famous.

Write to your future generations, do it now, make yourself real in their eyes.

Mark, get well soon! :grouphug:

HC, my condolences. Sorry about your friend. :(

Afternoon, people.

My lords and ladies, who can bake!

I turn to you to ask for your help in this dark hour in hope that your experience and expertise will help me prevent the turmoil I was forced to battle this grievous afternoon.

My cupcakes fought valiantly, my cupcakes fought nobly, my cupcakes fought honorably. And my cupcakes died. The battle field is filled with the screams and sizzling of the wounded, with the smell of grief, death and charred cream cheese.

Our lines are broken, we had been betrayed by our own only 15 minutes into the battle. A bowl of vile traitors hiding in the heart of our army only to come to surface, stabbed my cupcakes in the back when they were most vulnerable.

Blood shot out of their wounds and was slowly consumed by the heat of flames engulfing my cupcakes from underneath. The battle was lost, there was nothing we could do, but gather the bodies of the fallen and not weep at the sight of their horrid wounds as we put them to their final resting place.

We suffered a great loss and I don't know how we could keep on fighting. I fear my cupcakes' spirit is broken. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope!

Signed by,

RhaeB, the rightful Queen of Carrot Cakes

In English (because I guess I got a bit carried away with the initial metaphor :lol: ), the cream cheese filling of my carrot cake cupcakes shot out at 2/3 of baking time. I have no idea why. Do you guys have any tips or suggestions what I should do so the filling won't come out? Thanks :grouphug:

:lol:

I never heard of this, i've always put the filling in at the end!

Welcome to the spamily Four Eyed Raven

Archived