TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

I talked to Tater on tuesday. He seemed fine then :dunno: More than fine actually, better than he had been for a while :) I assume its the summer curse keepi.g him away

Yeah, tuesday was the last time I talked to him too since then he didn't respond to my last message so I automatically thought he was busy. Okay then :) hope he's doing good.

Okay, one question: I just saw the HP-themed EG and want to ask what is with the Ginny-hate. She was supposed to be a likeable character, no? And she gets killed off before the likes of Rita, Filch and Malfoys. The things I do not understand ...

This is quite a story :D couldn't the shop assistant phone your aunt? At least you had a workout ;)

I only thought of that hours later. :blushing:

And yes, thank you, I am quite enjoying. :)

Adventure story time!

I do not know if I have mentioned this, I am staying with my relatives for a few days (valonqar is too). So today we wanted to have a picnic thingy outside and aunt sent grandmother and me to the shop in the next village for food. (I took aunt's bike.) They are repairing like half the streets in the village and they are dug out and closed, so we had to drive around a bit instead of the shortest way.

We come to the shop, choose food and stuff. At the counter, I stuff the heaviest things into a rucksack, the lighter things were to be driven by grandmother in the basket on the bike.

Grandmother mistypes PIN for her card. PIN is wrong.

Grandmother types PIN again - wrong.

Lets call aunt by phone, she knows the right PIN.

None of us have our phone with us. Yay.

So grandmother sends me home to ask aunt what the right PIN is because she is not at all sure what the right PIN is now, so I can bring it back. The woman in the shop is kind enough to let me take the rucksack full of food although it has not been paid for yet. So I start biking as quickly as I can home. Between the fields, strong wind starts blowing my direction, making cycling very hard. Especially for a non-sporty person like me on a bike I am not used too, with a heavy backpack on. It was quite a workout.

EDIT: I also thought, hey maybe they are not working ona Saturday, so I can at least walk over the officially closed streets. Well wrong. I had to turn around and drive the longer way round twice because the workers were happily at it everywhere.

In the end I luckily did not need to go back to the shop with the correct PIN, as aunt told uncle to go pick grandmother up by car.

Hello, Bucky! =o) Quite a story I'd say. You liked it still, I suppose? I'd love to go by bike to work - but it's too far away.

How are you today, Eira and my king? have you guys been up too?

I'm fine. Just designing a birthday card with something ASoIaF/GoT-related. :ninja:

How about you?

This is quite a story :D couldn't the shop assistant phone your aunt? At least you had a workout ;)

Hope you are enjoying your stay with relatives!

@Eira, I second L_T's question. Did I miss something? Isn't he just busy?

@cora, OMG :eek: I find that pretty hard to imagine... How is there room for the filling to go to like that? Well, I might try it next time :D according to the recipe I was supposed to put 1/3 dough then a tea spoon of cream cheese filling into the cupcake case then fill it up with the rest of the dough. Wow.

Thanks for that information on the recipe.

I talked to Tater on tuesday. He seemed fine then :dunno: More than fine actually, better than he had been for a while :) I assume its the summer curse keepi.g him away

That's good to hear. I started to get worried.

Hello, Helena. :kiss:

Ah, good, I always worry too much.

Has anyone heard from Ak yet?

Yes! Lol it's very much possible

You puncture the top or the bottom (if you don't have a baking cup of course) and then you fill it up, it's that easy...... Just don't overfill

What Cora said! Get a piping bag or make one out of a ziplock bag, maybe. Fill the cakes after theyve baked. And then send me one.

Okay, one question: I just saw the HP-themed EG and want to ask what is with the Ginny-hate. She was supposed to be a likeable character, no? And she gets killed off before the likes of Rita, Filch and Malfoys. The things I do not understand ...

I only thought of that hours later. :blushing:

And yes, thank you, I am quite enjoying. :)

:lol: yeah that's typical in these situations. That the solutions come to your mind an hour late to the party.

The Ginny hate... I know she was supposed to be a likable character, but, if you ask my personal opinion, she isn't. She's extremly one dimensional on top of which she's adds a whole new cliché to Harry's character falling for the same looking and same natured girl as his dad. Maybe I wouldn't dislike Ginny so much if she didn't get together with Harry... Dunno.

Cora and Raven, thanks guys! I'll try that next time :D

Rhea and Buck: Those are both great stories :lol:

I was beaten to the piping bag after they are cooked is the best way. I have put jelly in muffins like you described (1/2 full, a spoon full of jelly, fill up to 3/4 full) and the tops do sometimes split and jelly ooze out a bit, but never any shooting out :lol: (and muffin batter is much thicker than cupcake batter)

Hope you are enjoying your stay with relatives!

@Eira, I second L_T's question. Did I miss something? Isn't he just busy?

@cora, OMG :eek: I find that pretty hard to imagine... How is there room for the filling to go to like that? Well, I might try it next time :D according to the recipe I was supposed to put 1/3 dough then a tea spoon of cream cheese filling into the cupcake case then fill it up with the rest of the dough. Wow.

Are these like cheesecake cupcakes then? Or is it literally just cream cheese in the centre? If they are cheesecake cupcakes and the filling actually needs baking, then i tend not to fill but to swirl. Otherwise the cheesecake.part doesnt cook fully and is all gooey and raw. If the filling doesn't need baking, I usually just fill when they are cooked. Just take an apple corer, a knife, or even a sppon. Scoop out a little well in the cupcake. Fill the well with the mixture and then replace the scooped out part. I make some "doughnut" cupcakes where you bake, core, fill with jam or custard, brush with melted butter and then dip in sugar for the doughnut effect. I dont like them but my.family do.

If I bake the filling, I usually do it from the start. I use a ice cream scoop to measure the batter, drop it into the paper case, make a well.with the spoon, drop in the filling then cover over with an extra teaspoon.of cake mix. Always make sure the filling is thoroughly.covered.

I don't get it either but best doesn't necessarily mean most likeable. Although EG games usually go that way. They killed Snape off first who has easily the best arc.

Ah, good, I always worry too much.

Has anyone heard from Ak yet?

:crying: no :crying:

Don't tell him, but I miss him :crying: :leaving:

He is scheduled to take part in a re-read project, his chapter is next up. Maybe he will come back then

The Ginny hate... I know she was supposed to be a likable character, but, if you ask my personal opinion, she isn't. She's extremly one dimensional on top of which she's adds a whole new cliché to Harry's character falling for the same looking and same natured girl as his dad. Maybe I wouldn't dislike Ginny so much if she didn't get together with Harry... Dunno.

I agree. Ginny is not that interesting, and she doesn't add much to the story, in my opinion. Oh wait, we are talking about a game... I don't think I should voice my opinion then...

I miss AK too. He did write in one of the game threads a few days ago IIRC.

Rhea and Buck: Those are both great stories

I was beaten to the piping bag after they are cooked is the best way. I have put jelly in muffins like you described (1/2 full, a spoon full of jelly, fill up to 3/4 full) and the tops do sometimes split and jelly ooze out a bit, but never any shooting out (and muffin batter is much thicker than cupcake batter)

Hi, Lany! Any house news?

Well, it for a little while the top of the cupcakes looked like the top of a boiling cauldron. And then these little lumps burst open. Dependent on their size, cream cheese filling oozed or shot out, the bigger lumps spat the filling out, it was all over the cupcake tray... the smaller ones just opened and the filling trickled out. For the second round I tried to put less batter into the bottom and more on top of the filling, but the same thing happened. And I guess the batter was pretty thick too... dunno... :lol:

Are these like cheesecake cupcakes then? Or is it literally just cream cheese in the centre? If they are cheesecake cupcakes and the filling actually needs baking, then i tend not to fill but to swirl. Otherwise the cheesecake.part doesnt cook fully and is all gooey and raw. If the filling doesn't need baking, I usually just fill when they are cooked. Just take an apple corer, a knife, or even a sppon. Scoop out a little well in the cupcake. Fill the well with the mixture and then replace the scooped out part. I make some "doughnut" cupcakes where you bake, core, fill with jam or custard, brush with melted butter and then dip in sugar for the doughnut effect. I dont like them but my.family do.

If I bake the filling, I usually do it from the start. I use a ice cream scoop to measure the batter, drop it into the paper case, make a well.with the spoon, drop in the filling then cover over with an extra teaspoon.of cake mix. Always make sure the filling is thoroughly.covered.

Nope, these are carrot cake cupcakes. The mixture is quite similar to a carrot cake recipe, the proportion of the ingredients is a bit different. And the filling was supposed to be a cream cheese based thing, cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon crust, sugar. I don't think that needed to be cooked, so next time I'll definitely try this after-filling. Yes, this was what the recipe said too, to cover the filling, but no matter how much I covered it, it still came out. Next time :devil:

I agree. Ginny is not that interesting, and she doesn't add much to the story, in my opinion. Oh wait, we are talking about a game... I don't think I should voice my opinion then...

I miss AK too. He did write in one of the game threads a few days ago IIRC.

I miss AK too... don't know where he is.

Well, it for a little while the top of the cupcakes looked like the top of a boiling cauldron. And then these little lumps burst open. Dependent on their size, cream cheese filling oozed or shot out, the bigger lumps spat the filling out, it was all over the cupcake tray... the smaller ones just opened and the filling trickled out. For the second round I tried to put less batter into the bottom and more on top of the filling, but the same thing happened. And I guess the batter was pretty thick too... dunno... :lol:

Good gods, that sounds less like a delicious treat and more like a hazardous science experiment!

Hi, Lany! Any house news?

Nope, these are carrot cake cupcakes. The mixture is quite similar to a carrot cake recipe, the proportion of the ingredients is a bit different. And the filling was supposed to be a cream cheese based thing, cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon crust, sugar. I don't think that needed to be cooked, so next time I'll definitely try this after-filling. Yes, this was what the recipe said too, to cover the filling, but no matter how much I covered it, it still came out. Next time :edevil:

I miss AK too... don't know where he is.

Oh, they sound unusual but delicious. I have never heard of filled carrot cake cupcakes before. I imagine it would be quite tricky, my carrot cake mix is usually quite sloppy. Maybe you put in too much filling for the mixture to cover properly?

Good night, my friends! =o)

Take care.

Sweet dreams.

Is it just me, or does everyone just marathon the sh*t out of Friends? Some of my former classmates can watch all seasons within 3 weeks! And I have spent 3 months getting to where I am now (in the middle of season 4)

How do they do it? :uhoh:

I thought the same and I tried it with less filling and more batter on top with the leftover mixture, but the same thing happened. It's a shame because both the cake mixture both the filling tasted extremly delicious. I might try regular carrot cake next time... I'll see :lol:

Oh

My

God

Why is it that fancy champagne makes you tippsy ten times faster than regular champagne does?

I'm also surprised the Neatherlands didn't score in the first half... What's happening here?

Eira, I agree. Argentina vs Belgium was pretty boring too, imo.

Archived