Is Jon Snow bi-sexual?

Juliet Burke

I've read some posts on this forum that Jon Snow is bi. But I don't understand why people think so. Some of them say that Jon spends a lot of time thinking about Satin's beauty. But where is it in the books? He thinks in ASOS during the battle that Satin, despite being pretty and looking like a girl, is not bad archer. But that is all. Other mentions about Satin's beauty are just author's descriptions. I always think Jon made Satin his own steward to protect him. Jon likes helping people with hard destiny. So why do people think he is bi?

haha. It may be that I'm partly to blame for your confusion OP. I think it's a "shipping" thing. Some people Ship Jon and Satin.

*If I have to use the word ship again...I may die*

I think it's mostly done fairly tongue in cheek. Similar to Nedbert

Yeah it's mostly a joke, I think. But there are some people who see gay or bi people everywhere, so that probably plays into it too. I never read anything like that in Jon's comments on Satin, the closest he comes to being into men is the fact that Ygritte is more butch than he is :devil:

Jon's comments about Satin just shows that Jon is not prejudiced or can overpass prejudices and he's ok with having a gay buddy like his daddy.

I guess he could be bisexual, most humans are more or less bisexual IMO but for now, the Jon/Satin is just a shipping joke.

I always thought of it more as a joke. It could be those more...rainbow inclined looking for sexual deviancy any place they can find them *shrug*. If you squint hard enough at anything you'll find what you're looking for.

That being said, Snowsatin: The Tale of a Lovestruck Male Prostitute and the Lord Commander.

Jon wandered through the dark with his crutch under one arm, and the other around the shoulders of a boy who’d been a whore in Oldtown.

“It was the priestess we were laughing at,” said Satin, a lithe and pretty youth

It shall not end until my death.” … He could smell the sweet scent Satin combed into his beard

To be honest the lack of a "gay for the duration" attitude at the wall seemed a bit unrealistic to me. The NW are a bit too noble and starchy for a bunch of thieves and rapists.

Archived