Westeros wariors tier list

Sir Bronn

I'd say there are only two tiers here: the incredibly talented and well-trained, and the talented or well-trained.

The first tier is only Selmy, Dayne, and Jaime. Possibly Syrio Forel, too-- in his own environment.

Everyone else is deadly enough, and could even take one of the the first tier names under the right conditions/with a little luck.

Why?

Because he was a young commander, so he would have needed to command respect somehow. Being the head of House Stark would obviously help. Plus, I might be wrong, but I'm sure it tells us somewhere in the novels that he leads from the front.

Bronn is not such overrated .The Hound told "You are do as me ,but smaller ".Robb and Jon had no chance against him

That's TV Show nonsense. Books' Bronn couldn't even kill anonymous Ser Balman in a duel without resorting to dirty tactics. Either Jon or Robb would have annihilated him in a 1 on 1 fight, nothing suggests otherwise

I don't think Robb would stand a chance against Bronn, but Iron Emmett and Jon Snow can possibly beat him, it won't be easy though and it's still pretty random.

Short tier list.

Tier 1

Dayne

Selmy

Jaime

Daemon

Aemon

Serwyn

Strongest tier,you can't get on this lvl if you're not born as an extremely talented swordsman. This is the legend tier.

Tier 2

Gregor Clegane

Sandor Clegane

Loras Tyrell

Garlan Tyrell

Oberyn Martell

Robert Baratheon

Gerold Hightower

Areo Otah

Adrik

Mance Rayder

Oswell Whent

Victarion

Brynden Tully

Qhorin Halfhand

Bronn

Brienne

Syrio Forel

Basically the strongest people in the realm that aren't legends.

Tier 3

Jon Snow

Rodrik Cassel

Iron Emmett

Thormund

Most of the KG Meryn Trant,Boros Blount ....

Competent fighters they're above average.

Tier 4 would be average with people like Robb and Ned I guess. they know how to use a sword but aren't extremely good at it.

That's TV Show nonsense. Books' Bronn couldn't even kill anonymous Ser Balman in a duel without resorting to dirty tactics. Either Jon or Robb would have annihilated him in a 1 on 1 fight, nothing suggests otherwise

He probably could ,but he liked dirty tactics :D

Any type of block with a shield means you would have to absorb the kinetic energy, which for most people would send them flying if not breaking a bone in the arm.

No, you just have to redirect the energy. A really good swordsman would know how to do that. Average or even fairly good swordsmen, maybe not, since just straight-up blocking would normally be effective when not fighting a freak of nature like Gregor and would be what they're used to doing.

Selmy obviously knows how to adjust his tactics for the enemy he is fighting - he knew to let his armor take the brunt of Khrazz' light, fast attacks rather than trying to parry or dodge them (aside from the head shots), and he would know not to try the same with shield or armor if he was fighting someone as massive and stupendously strong as the Mountain. I would imagine Ser Arthur Dayne, at least, would understand the same and be able to adapt. I'm not sure Jaime would - he's got an enormous amount of natural talent, and he's well-trained, but from what we've seen he seems more apt to rely on that talent and conventional training and less apt to be terribly flexible or creative or analytical with respect to his tactics. Not that I think he wouldn't understand that he couldn't afford to take the full brunt of Clegane's blows, but he probably wouldn't have practiced for that sort of thing and wouldn't do a great job of improvising - witness how awful he is fighting with his off hand, that's true of most people, but a really top tier fighter would have anticipated and practiced for that (one sees that a lot in modern shooting sports as well). He's in Tier 1 as long as he's facing a more or less conventional Westeros foe, and he can beat anyone using a different style who's just good, but against a really top level opponent who is also not fighting like a conventional Westerosi knight he's going to have trouble.

Ser Barriston isn't still in Tier 1 at the start of the novels, and neither would Arthur Dayne be if he were still alive. In his prime he definitely was.

I agree that Oberyn had obviously thought about and practiced for that specific fight a lot and for many years. I don't think he belongs in Tier 1, without that specific preparation I don't think he'd have had much chance against the Mountain, let alone someone quicker and more adaptable from the top tier like Dayne or Selmy (in his younger days).

How Sandor Clegane would fare against any of the other top tier swords isn't entirely clear. Yes, he beat Beric handily in a situation where he wasn't at the top of his game, but Beric isn't remotely in the same league as the likes of the Mountain or Arthur Dayne (which is why he keeps getting killed). Sandor is able to keep Gregor from killing Ser Loras at the tourney but that's not the same as facing him one-on-one with Gregor actually trying to kill him. So Tier 1 or 2 for the Hound is hard to say. He'd certainly be a dangerous opponent for anyone.

Agreed that Bronn is overrated. He's great at killing mediocre and overconfident knights, but he knows he would most likely be killed trying to fight Gregor Clegane. Like any sellsword who wants to live past his twenties, what Bronn is really good at is choosing his fights.

I don't think Jaqen H'ghar can be assigned a tier at all based on what we know. He's a master assassin, of course, but that's hardly the same as an open duel or battle. Almost everyone he kills never sees him coming. He's competent enough to kill a surprised guard pretty easily, but that would be true of anyone from the top 5 or 6 tiers. What makes the FM so feared is their mastery of stealth, guile, and above all disguise, not pure fighting ability.

Ser Pounce should definitely be in the list too, somewhere just above Joffrey, I think.

Elite Tier:

1. Ser Arthur Dayne

2. Daemon Blackfyre

3. Aemon the Dragonknight

4. Ser Barristan Selmy

High Tier:

1. Ser Jaime Lannister

2. Ser Gwayne Corbray

3. Cregan Stark

4. Sandor Clegane

5. Oberyn Martell

Mid Tier:

1. Robert Baratheon

2. Ser Gregor Clegane

3. Ser Loras Tyrell

4. Syrio Forel

5. Bronn

6. Brienne of Tarth

Low Tier:

1. Jon Snow

2. Ned Stark

3. Robb Stark

Elite Tier:

1. Ser Arthur Dayne

2. Daemon Blackfyre

4. Ser Barristan Selmy

High Tier:

1. Ser Jaime Lannister

2. Ser Gwayne Corbray

3. Cregan Stark

4. Sandor Clegane

5. Oberyn Martell

Mid Tier:

1. Robert Baratheon

2. Ser Gregor Clegane

3. Ser Loras Tyrell

4. Syrio Forel

5. Bronn

6. Brienne of Tarth

Low Tier:

1. Jon Snow

2. Ned Stark

3. Robb Stark

Your Tier list is good ,but lacks many guys

Just pointing out to whoever said something about Bronze Yohn, he didn't fight 2v1, he fought Ned and Rodrik one at a time, hence Sansa's recollection that he beat Ned severely and then turned around to fight Rodrik too, as opposed to her saying he beat them both down at the same time.

Sandor is too high for someone who was almost killed by a bunch of fodders and I highly doubt that Oberyn would beat Prime Robert.

And Jon is too low (or maybe Robb/Ned are too high) he isn"t an average swordsman like Ned, he was able to go toe to toe with Iron Emmet.

Elite Tier:

1. Ser Arthur Dayne

2. Daemon Blackfyre

4. Ser Barristan Selmy

High Tier:

1. Ser Jaime Lannister

2. Ser Gwayne Corbray

3. Cregan Stark

4. Sandor Clegane

5. Oberyn Martell

Mid Tier:

1. Robert Baratheon

2. Ser Gregor Clegane

3. Ser Loras Tyrell

4. Syrio Forel

5. Bronn

6. Brienne of Tarth

Low Tier:

1. Jon Snow

2. Ned Stark

3. Robb Stark

I could definitely get behind this list with a few minor changes. I'm just not sure about the mid-tier. Robert Baratheon and Syrio forel are equals? I doubt it. The same goes for Bronn, is he really equal to Prime Robert? Move Robert to high-tier along with Gregor Clegane.

Sandor is too high for someone who was almost killed by a bunch of fodders and I highly doubt that Oberyn would beat Prime Robert.

And Jon is too low (or maybe Robb/Ned are too high) he isn"t an average swordsman like Ned, he was able to go toe to toe with Iron Emmet.

Oberyn Vs Prime Robert would be interesting but I think Oberyn might win in a similar way to how he (almost) won against Gregor. Robert was also a very big man and Oberyn could use his strength against him.

Not really sure if they are top tier - Garlan is the most likely. Areo Hotah we have not seen fight. Victarion we saw almost lose to a random knight - whilst fighting on a ship (i.e. he had a clear advantage). Greatjon is the next most badass thing after Daemon Targaryen, but that doesn't make him a top tier warrior. He was tall and strong, that's all we know. The same could be said of Hodor. (If you'll excuse the exaggeration)

Mance I'd say is a step above the others you name with him. Is Ben Plumm a noted warrior? I mean, we know he has a huge sword, but...

Garlan was Renly's Ghost and regularly trains against three men at once. Areo Hotah and Ben Plumm were rated by reputation only, though their high ranks do speak in their favor. Victarion was wounded and won. Other greatly renowned fighters like Sandor and Brienne actually lost to random guys (not trained knights) but are still considered awesome warriors. Everyone has a bad day, even Vic.

The Greatjon is considered one of the strongest men alive, is Robb's champion and leads all his vans (and it's never mentioned that he gets even wounded until the RW except by Greywind), and put up the biggest fight of all Northmen at the RW despite being wasted so hard that a freaking alcoholic wondered how the hell he's still alive after so much alcohol Think how Robb's personal guards like Dacey Mormont or Smalljon, who were involved in Jaime's capture (the warrior supreme to most people) died. He'd probably lose many duels but he's definitely a top tier warrior for wars.

Which reminds me. There is a serious lack of Smalljon and Dacey Mormont in this thread.

Hi ,i am creating this topic to write and discuss about westeros fighters.

Here is my tier list

Tier 1:

Arthur Dayne -- yep

Barristan Selmy -- yep

Jamie Lannister -- yep

Oberyn Martel -- yep

Sandor Clegane -- yep

Tier 2:

Robert Baratheon -- should be in tier1 with an ** for being old

Bronn -- yep

Brienne of Tarth -- tier1

Syrio Forel -- yep

Gregor Clegane -- deff tier1

Jaquen h gar(?) -- sure

Tier 3 :

Loras Tyrell -- tier2

Beric Dondarrion -- yep

Ned Stark -- tier1 considering he beat arthur dayne

Yoren -- tier4

Dario Naharis -- tier1

Jorah Mormont -- tier2

Tier 4:

Jory Casel -- yep

Rodrik Casel -- yep

Vardis Egan -- yep

Meryn Trant -- yep

Aliser Thorne -- yep

Benjen Stark -- sure, we havent seen him fight anyone

Tier 5:

Robb Stark -- tier3 only because of his age and experience

Jon Snow -- tier3 only because of his age and experience

Renly Baratheon -- tier7

Notes :Jon and Robb are not expierienced and they art young so their skills are still getting better

Tier 6:

Most of Night's watch -- the best fighters id put in tier5, rest of the stewards and builders with samwell

Tier 7:Tyrion Lannister -- for an imp he can swing a shield

Tier 8: jofrey -- needs to be off this list

Tier 9 :

Samwell tarly -- needs to be in tier7 considering he killed a white walker

forgot about Bloodraven, Blackfish, Garlan Tyrell, Brandon Stark, Strong Belwas, Ygritte, Asha Greyjoy, Euron Greyjoy, Victarian Greyjoy, Arya Stark, the Sand Snakes, Jon Connington, Ramsay Bolton, Tormund Giantsbane, Rolly Duckfield, Lyn Corbray

Archived