Jon and Val.

lyannaisalive

I dont know why but I really want this to happen. For some reason I have been really pro Jon and Val after rereading the ADWD. They dont have a lot of time together in the books but for some reason I keep feeling the chemistry between them (am I the only one?) so I think whatever happens they end up together. For some reason I dont see Jon sitting in Winterfell unless the GNC is true (I think the will of his brother and want of the northerners is the only thing that would make him break his vows) so maybe a king and queen situation or not. Agree? disagree?

I don't really see much there, tbh. A beautiful Wildling princess...that he's not in love with because he's still mourning the loss of Ygritte.

I doubt she'll show up in the show, tbh.

I dont know why but I really want this to happen. For some reason I have been really pro Jon and Val after rereading the ADWD. They dont have a lot of time together in the books but for some reason I keep feeling the chemistry between them (am I the only one?) so I think whatever happens they end up together. For some reason I dont see Jon sitting in Winterfell unless the GNC is true (I think the will of his brother and want of the northerners is the only thing that would make him break his vows) so maybe a king and queen situation or not. Agree? disagree?

I really like the idea of Jon and Val. Also noticed the chemistry. Remember when Val came back after getting Tormund, and Jon said he didn't think he'd ever seen a lovelier sight? Also, I have a feeling the his vows to the watch will be ended after the knifing, either because he was really killed, or because the NW falls to pieces with the chaos that is going to follow his stabbing.

I don't ship them (or anyone, for that matter), but I like both of them as characters and I can see where you are coming from. However:

Knowing GRRM, he will never let them be together.

GRRM throws some foreshadowing ("breath mingled" phrase being used for the Thenn wedding and for when Jon speaks to Val, she and Ghost "looked like they belong together", etc.- you'll find lots of examples posted in other Jon/Val threads if you haven't already) between Jon and Val that, to me, seems a little too obvious-like he's teasing the audience and going to make it some kind of tragic "coulda shoulda" type of deal.

A lot of clues and potential foreshadowing point to it happening.

hmmmm good points there

but for me i thought she was a minor character while i read the books and still feel the same way ....and i was annoyed when there was talks about marrying her by the queens men because how many times jon had said that the wildling's doesnt follow that way does westeros does..but anyone listened no didnt even had a moment to think about that

eventhough we shouldnt talk about shows i dont see her making the show also so doesnt that mean that this pair is not going to happen or will we see her next season

because her one job was to get tormund to the Wall and he is already at the Wall and there was no show of Mance's wife and son either

I'm an obvious Val fan, LOVE her. I see what you mean about the chemistry, however, I kinda can't just lump them together. They would be really good together but I'd like to see Val remain free.

It's nice to have a female character who has more going for her than who her future children might be.

I think she's cool on her own, maybe to cool to be anyones. ever!

she's even literally cool. (val=ice imo)

Now, before people say "she's to hot thats not realistic" I don't think she's a "maid" or even that overly concerned about it.

Based on phrases from ADWD, it seems at the very least that GRRM wants to have some people shipping Jon and Val. I personally think it's because Jon will feel guilty about what happens to her.

Either she will be married to one of Stannis's lords, which won't turn out well, making the wildlings even less likable in Westeros, or (warning: crackpot theory, but I think it makes sense based on her self-driven character) she'll try to do something on her own (concerning the Others or the Wildlings at Hardhome) for the North, and she'll get screwed over, possibly even turned into a wight or even ally with the Others, as GRRM has been giving us clues that the Others aren't all bad. After all, what better way to give sympathy to the Others than by having beloved Val ally with them?

I'm an obvious Val fan, LOVE her. I see what you mean about the chemistry, however, I kinda can't just lump them together. They would be really good together but I'd like to see Val remain free.

It's nice to have a female character who has more going for her than who her future children might be.

I think she's cool on her own, maybe to cool to be anyones. ever!

she's even literally cool. (val=ice imo)

Now, before people say "she's to hot thats not realistic" I don't think she's a "maid" or even that overly concerned about it.

She isn't a maid as her relationship with Jarl suggests. She is a strong, resourceful woman, and I think we will see more of her in Jon's POV. I think she will be present at Jon's "resurrection" after the Ides of Marsh.

Archived