G--DK-ND(BBHN)XI

BranTheBuilder

How about Richard's speech about how people need to prove to him they deserve freedom first?

I love the sixth rule...the Only Sovereign you can rule you is REASON!....but Richard expects everyone to accept his rule

I think that's in this one

Richard was accustomed to the shape of her body in her skintight leather outfits.

Are these anything akin to war wizard outfits, or are they a completely different kind of outfit?

Totally different. The Mord-Sith outfit is standard S&M tight leather, all red or brown. The War Wizard outfit is black with a gold cape and a bunch of geometric symbols all over it. Makes him look super-commanding, or like some bird of prey, i dunno, blah blah blah.

Holy Moly! Gratuitous nudity, from Goodkind?? Is nothing sacred?? etc

Well, the links to the QotDs are now embedded in the Goodkind Summary on my blog - I'm still missing the "why torture is OK if it's for the right reasons" one that I believe Niamh posted, but all of Moose's ones are there. I would go looking for it but it's taken me hours already so it can wait.

Welcome to the board Ryne!! Glad you realize what total shit Goodkind(BBHN) spews. Now start reading George Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire!

I finally recovered from Worldcon, except some commentary on Goodkind soon :)

Welcome to the board, Ryne. Yes, some of us do pray to god to make an end of SoT, but deliverance is still far, though the upcoming book is supposed to be the last in SOT.

He viscerally wanted to do something to strike Nicci down, but he was certain that it wouldn’t be as simple as that.

Viscerally wanted? What the hell is viscerally? In a visceral manner, he wanted to do something? Doesn't visceral pertain to the guts?

Wait! Isn't this supposed to be a maternity spell or something like that?:ack:

Yes it is. Imagine that. It seems to come from the power of Nicci's boobs, which we learn later are incredibly powerful.

Well, the links to the QotDs are now embedded in the Goodkind Summary on my blog - I'm still missing the "why torture is OK if it's for the right reasons" one that I believe Niamh posted, but all of Moose's ones are there. I would go looking for it but it's taken me hours already so it can wait.

Yay! Thank you, MinDonner, for also including my Rowsdowerization of the Quote of the Day! Typing that whole wretched thing was an ordeal and it vastly increased my respect for the Mad Moose. I was really proud of my small contribution, and I will sleep well knowing my efforts have now been immortalized on your website.

Huzzah!

Effin eh! Hi everyone! I'm Ryne and I stumbled upon this site after googling 'Terry Goodkind sucks'. I bought Phantom because even though each book Goodkind writes gets more and more fanatical/preachy/boring/absurd/lame, I have been reading Sword of Truth since I was 16 and now I feel I've invested too much time and money into it not to see it through to its conclusion. It's very frustrating because I know how bad Goodkind's writing has become and it sucks to be compelled to buy something you know is going to make you cry inside.

You have fallen victim to Tairy's use of Wizard's First Rule. You need to continue reading the series because you are made to think that you do. See? We're here to unmake that. You don't need SoT. You don't need to continue reading it. You don't need to waste your time on sophomoric self-aggrandization wrapped in the absurd cloth of objectivisim presented to you as "novel." You don't need to subject yourself to the misogynistic sexual wish fulfillment of a lonely man. You don't need to be bored by flat, one-dimensional characters occupying flat, one-dimensional world. Liberate yourself.

At Home Depot, you can do it, we can help.

Sorry if it's already there, but here is the very first goodkind mauling thread, from our beloved campioni del mondo (formerly Mme Erzulie). Some other gems later in the thread

P.S.: nice blog, but it looks to me like you've got mystar.

"He viscerally wanted to do something to strike Nicci down, but he was certain that it wouldn’t be as simple as that."

Viscerally wanted? What the hell is viscerally? In a visceral manner, he wanted to do something? Doesn't visceral pertain to the guts?

I know it is hard to believe, but I think Goodkind (BBHN) has actually managed to write an entire sentence correctly in this case. He must be so proud.

Visceral - adjective

1. of or pertaining to the viscera.

2. affecting the viscera.

3. of the nature of or resembling viscera.

4. characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect: a visceral reaction.

5. characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude: a visceral literary style.

I think definition 4 (or maybe 5) fits in the context of the sentence.

I know it is hard to believe, but I think Goodkind (BBHN) has actually managed to write an entire sentence correctly in this case. He must be so proud.

Visceral - adjective

1. of or pertaining to the viscera.

2. affecting the viscera.

3. of the nature of or resembling viscera.

4. characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect: a visceral reaction.

5. characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude: a visceral literary style.

I think definition 4 (or maybe 5) fits in the context of the sentence.

WHOA! But still, it sounds so wrong.

And we're nearing the end of this thread! Title suggestions?

Goodkind XII: MORAL and VISCERAL CLARITY!

Well, the definition of visceral is right, but the way he has used it is just WRONG. Not for any grammatical reason, but because the word just ain't used that way. For example, if you wanted to light a cigarette and you asked your companion for some fire, it would be technically correct but just damn weird. The perils of small minds with thesauruses...

Archived