G--DK-ND(BBHN)XI

BranTheBuilder

At impact, twin, wet thwacks, like ripe melons hitting the ground

I love this shit. Thwacks?!?! Melons?!?! And this isn't the only time he's used this comparison. Brilliant stuff, really.

it was more the fact that this was used in GK's attempt at the Most Ridiculous Rape Scene Dialogue award where Jagang asked Kahlan to take off her travelling pants...

I think you've hit the bull's eyes, MinDonner. I mean, what psychotic rapist would be so specific as to say, take of your travelling pants? It's like Ted Bundy telling his victims to "take off your Gap shirt or your prewashed jeans?" Specifics are nice, but not in all cases.

As for the QOTD, ah, that was around the part where I decided to skip the thing and just got to the ending...(wait, actually it was earlier than that...)

I can't believe it! he used Bringer of Death two times. He must really love that phrase so much!

I love the magic drawing contest. It's like extreme Pictionary.

I saw it as like they were dueling with Etch-a-Sketch, twisting the knobs and all that.

But, oh well...we all know that logic is not part of SoT..."I'm a wizard, remember?"

And its not really fantasy. :P Magic is only a 'tool' to convey TG's (BBNC) lessons.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. That QotD was the best bit of WFR. TG built his whole career off the back of that and the weeks of torture Richard underwent after that. I hate to give the man any credit but it was an original idea to have a 200 page chunk of a book dedicated to an extended period of S&M. Torture indeed.

I thought the best bit was when Kahlan made one of the villains eat his balls. :P

That was truly the moment where I realized Terry's limitless intellectual superiority. Nothing could surpass such a moment of moral clarity and truth. It changed my life forever.

Well, maybe the "ban fire" speech...

Or how Richard avoided Kahlan's powers...

and thats only the first book!

When one is under a Confessor's power and no longer the same person, the punishment is effectively...reduced in impact.

Actually, I agree with that part, considering Demmin was a pedophile rapist and murderer

I have mixed thoughts on this. If this had been done to Nass before Kahlan had used her powers on him, then my opinion would be less clouded. But as it was written, Nass's old personality, everything that he was, had been erased by Kahlan's power. He no longer had any free will of his own and he existed primarily as an extension of Kahlan's will. In addition to his old personality being erased, there was absolutely no chance of his ever hurting an innocent person person again, unless Kahlan speciacally commanded it (OK, I admit, this is a huge whole in my reasoning; Kahlan has never been shown to be anything less than a bloodthirsty, raving, lunatic, so under her command, Nass probably would be back to committing atrocities in no time at all. But still, you can hardly blame the creature that Nass has become for following Kahlan's order since he has no more free will of his own).

The whole situation remeinds of of an episode of Babylon 5 called Passing Through Gethsemane

However maligned, Kahlan's traveling pants make sense in one important respect: they are suited for traveling. Earlier she has been going everywhere in a long white dress. She has walked through the wilderness from one end of the map to the other and more. She has kept wearing that dress as a fugitive - even though she is highly recognizable as a Mother Confessor that way, and she must have had numerous opportunities to get some more normal garb and a hat or hood to hide her hair in. Lucky for her, she is surrounded by a Heroine Reality Distortion Field so she and her dress can look their best in the middle of Blunt Mountain. The field is so powerful that Kahlan can wear an expensive dress in the most stain-sensitive color and all of those nasty brambles and dirt particles apparently just bounce off her, to say nothing of her sweat!

I can't believe it! he used Bringer of Death two times. He must really love that phrase so much!

Two times? I thought that that was Richard's middle name? Richard "Bringer of Death" Rahl. Isn't it peppered throughout the series, though heavily on the early side.?

Y'know, I wonder how Richard would react if he knew the Mord-Sith tortured enemies after his little 'I want noone hurt by an Agiel again!' thing at the end of WFR.

Or how he would;ve felt towards Kahlan if he knew she planned to do to Galea worse than what the Order planned?

Since the Chainfire spell, is Prince Harold...not dead?

TG's heros dont sweat. They ooze concetrated deodorant. Thats how great they are.

TG's heroes don't sweat. Sweat is for horses. TG's heroes....glow.

Two times? I thought that that was Richard's middle name? Richard "Bringer of Death" Rahl. Isn't it peppered throughout the series, though heavily on the early side.?

Good point. Wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

That phrase is used constantly throughout the series. Every book (except for Pillars of Creation) has it over and over again, just one more thing getting pounded into your skull. Richard is the bringer of death, don't you forget it.

That phrase is used constantly throughout the series. Every book (except for Pillars of Creation) has it over and over again, just one more thing getting pounded into your skull. Richard is the bringer of death, don't you forget it.

Actually, his real middle name is "Avatar Of Moral Clarity", which will be revealed in the 32nd book, Standing Stones of Truth. He inherits it from the then-revealed villain, Richard "Avatar of No Moral Clarity" Krad, who will actually turn out to be Richard "Avatar of Moral Clarity" Rahl's second cousin.

What makes PoC so freakin' special then...? :P

And what is Death brought in exactly? Black limo seems to obvious. Unless maybe it's a stretch job, possibly an Excursion. Or a Hummer. What kind of vehicle/vessel does Death like to be brought in I guess is the question.

Well, I borrowed Phantom from someone and attempted to read it. I got to about page 10 before my head started hurting. I did some rough calculations and decided that my brain would explode by page 50. So I haven't read the rest. Can someone who has made it through the entire book and lived satisfy my curiousity on a few points?

- Has Richard taken some time out of his busy schedule and actually learned some fucking magic?

- Is the series still about Richard, or has that goat finally superseded him as the main protagonist?

- Has Jagang been revealed to be merely a puppet of the evil chicken yet?

- How many times did Kahlan narrowly avoided being raped? And has she finally admitted that she secretly likes all the attention?

Archived