ACROPHOBIA 7: Fan Theories - Game Over

Dany Lannister

Heh heh, the leftovers thread should be called leftovers and loser's lounge, where drinks could be served. Just like for the World Cup. :D

I like it. Mine's a double!! Must we abuse the front runners though? ( er.. cough... 'that rascal Evermind... I fought two world wars for the likes of him. Taught him all he knows'... mumbling incompletely, being led away blindly health professionals)

I loved my round one and will just assume that anyone who didn't list it as number 1 was either jealous or scanned past it. That's the only logical explanation.

Sometimes I like to wait to see what others vote when I'm having a tough time deciding, then I usually give a vote to the "underdog" of my initial picks. :)

Geez, I haven't voted yet, have I? Sometimes I forget, because I read the selections so many times I think I've voted. :)

First - 11. Eddard's posse double-deal. Vengeful Northerners ultimately manoeuvre. I liked both the posse idea and the double-dealing.

Second - 8. Everyone Pounces! Dreadfort's Vicious Nobles Ultimately Murdered. Silly, but I thought of Ser Pounce.

Third - 13. Evidence practically demands volatile North's ultimate mutiny. Yes, it does!

I loved my round one and will just assume that anyone who didn't list it as number 1 was either jealous or scanned past it. That's the only logical explanation.

If you're #9, you might have a point. Otherwise, well...

You gotta vote for the best. It's in the rules.

mwa ha ha ha...

I think round 2 is incredibly easy. Took less than 2 minutes to come up with the winning line :P

and we all know how well I score in this game

I've already sent Dany Lannister three answers and come up with about eight that weren't good enough to send. My current entry might work depending on the taste of the other players but it's not a sure thing. I feel a lot worse this round than last round and last rounds voting wasn't kind.

I've already sent Dany Lannister three answers and come up with about eight that weren't good enough to send. My current entry might work depending on the taste of the other players but it's not a sure thing. I feel a lot worse this round than last round and last rounds voting wasn't kind.

Therein lies the problem. Only one entry out of all the games I've played was I sure I had the best answer that actually won me first place. There is (for me at least) no understanding the tastes of the other players.

Clearly Sixchins and Evermind have tapped into our collective psyche... if only they'd share their magic secret.

Round 1 Results

Fan Theory: The Great Northern Conspiracy

Acronym: EPDVNUM

1. "Everybody play dumb. Vengeance now underway." -- Manderly. -AssHat Ahai 1st: Howlin'H, Lady B, Evermind, Castellan, DolorousG, LordL 2nd: Emmit 3rd: SNA, DS
2. Every plot development verifies northerners unceasing machinations. -Castellan 1st: Reek 2nd: SNA 3rd: Evermind
3. Expertly plotted deviousness! Vengeful northerners unite meatily! -Dolorous Gabe 1st: TC 2nd: Howlin'H, DS
4. Eddard's progeny. Davos' vows. Never underestimate Manderly! -DreamSongs 1st: SNA 2nd: LadyB 3rd: Reek, AssHat
5. Everyone's pissed... Don't visit North, upset Manderly. -Emmit
6. Enemies, ponder: do vengeful northmen understand mercy? -Evermind 2nd: Reek, Castellan, DolorousG 3rd: honeyed
7. Epicurean pie delight = victorious north ultimately makes. -honeyed chicken 1st: nwarg, DS
8. Everyone Pounces! Dreadfort's Vicious Nobles Ultimately Murdered. -Howlin' Howland 1st: ghost 2nd: FB
9. Eventually protagonist die; vengeful nature unravels Manderly -lil' ghost 1st: AssHat
10. Eradicating problematic detractors. Vengeful northmen's ulterior motive. -Lord Lyman
11. Eddard's posse double-deal. Vengeful Northerners ultimately manoeuvre. -northernwarg 1st: FB
12. Evil puppets.... Dance! Vengeful Northmen unveiled momentarily. -Reek Havoc 1st: honeyed 2nd: ghost 3rd: Castellan
13. Evidence practically demands volatile North's ultimate mutiny. -Ser Not Appearing 2nd: AssHat, Evermind, TC 3rd: Howlin'H, nwarg, FB, LordL
14. "Everyone pwn Dreadfortsmen!" voiced Nymeria, uniting mankind. -Turinqui-Calima 1st: Emmit 3rd: DolorousG
15. Enemies provide dinner, verifying North's unity menu! -Fragile Bird 2nd: nwarg, honeyed, LordL 3rd: LadyB, TC, Emmit, ghost
Scoring
Last game's host AssHat Ahai is off to a great start, will he be unstoppable? Fragile Bird and Ser Not Appearing tie for 2nd place with under half of the points AA scored this round...

AssHat Ahai 28
Fragile Bird 12
Ser Not Appearing 12
Dolorous Gabe 9
DreamSongs 9
Evermind 9
Castellan 8
honeyed chicken 8
Reek Havoc 8
Howlin' Howland 7
Turinqui-Calima 6
lil' ghost 5
northernwarg 5
Emmit 2
Lord Lyman 2
Lady Blizzardborn 1
For scoring breakdown/details please see scoring spreadsheet. (Hopefully this can suffice so I dont have to type out +1+1+1 :))
If I have made any errors please let me know!!

Round 2 Submissions

Fan Theory: Jojen Paste

Acronym: IPRAF

1. Iffy paste recycles a friend.

2. I ponder reasoning. Alteration = finality.

3. Ill Portends Recycling A Friend

4. Ingredients: puréed Reed, acorns, flour.

5. Ingested paste resembled a friend....

6. Indigestible pabulum: Reed's abominable fondant!

7. Incomplete purée reveals...a frankfurter?... :eek: ... :ack: !

8. Improving perspicacity? Ravenously ate frogeater.

9. Icky parfait really advisers fate?

10. Ingredients produce revelatory automatic flying.

11. I Protest - Revolting Act Fanciful!

12. I prefer "Reed's Ability Fortifier".

13. Inappropriate protein. Revolting....at first.

14. Interesting.. pudding? .. Rich and fruity!

15. Immense pots ruined (apparently fractured)

16. Informative paste. Really affects foretelling

Remember, vote for your TOP 3 choices, in order (first, second, and third with their respective submission #). If I messed up your entry and need to make a correction, please PM me.

The next acronym is incoming...

Round 3

Fan Theory: There's something rotten in King's Landing (Oberyn Poisoned Tywin)

Acronym: LBESAC

Letters were randomly chosen using on online letter generator with the letters Q, X, and Z removed.

Second round voting and third round submissions will run until 9:00 pm EDT (New York, USA) on Monday July 21, please PM me your submissions!

Note: I've added an additional day to avoid the second round voting/third round submissions falling solely over a weekend.

1. #16 Informative paste. Really affects foretelling

2. #13 Inappropriate protein. Revolting....at first.

3. 4. Ingredients: puréed Reed, acorns, flour.

Told myself I wouldn't vote for anything with paste in it... but that one flowed too well.

Changed vote for third. Definitely skimmed that one.

Here are my votes:

First #4. Ingredients: puréed Reed, acorns, flour. Nice details, nice pacing.

Second #13. Inappropriate protein. Revolting....at first. Tells the story and the subtext

Third #12. I prefer "Reed's Ability Fortifier" Love the faux naive outrage

I love the tone all three of these achieve.

Archived