ACROPHOBIA 7: Fan Theories - Game Over

Dany Lannister

Strong round, once again. Great entries all around.

My votes:

1. 2. Lethal bowels. Evidence? Shot astride crapper. That just says it all.

2. 3. Lion's bowels explode. Sister avenged chemically.

3. 9. Lannister bowels emptied. Stink affirms contamination?

Honorable mention to #10.

That was tough.

1) 3. Lion's bowels explode. Sister avenged chemically.

2) 4. Loose bowels? Elia, siblings, avenged conclusively!

3) 1. Lannisters' bane eliminates sire, administering... constipation???

I like the mention of Elia in the first two but the reference to chemicals and exploding bowels takes it by a pinch. And effects of the poison in the third was nice.

Back on form, people. Standard is very high here. Truly great work.

1st - 5. Lusty beefcake ensures sickeningly aromatic corpse.

2nd - 1. Lannisters' bane eliminates sire, administering... constipation???

3rd - 3. Lion's bowels explode. Sister avenged chemically.

Honourable mentions to pretty much everyone. Superb!

very high standard. except me (sob)

#1 10. Lion's bite excessive: Snake administered cure!!

#2 3. Lion's bowels explode. Sister avenged chemically.

#3 1. Lannisters' bane eliminates sire, administering... constipation???

first 6. Legends bicker endlessly...stinks at cemetery. (Very good!)

second 11. “Lord Bowels,” Ellaria snickered. Achievement confirmed! (Great premise and reference.)

third 10. Lion's bite excessive: Snake administered cure!!

Was not sure what to put at third.

I guess it is just me, but I think this one is our weakest round in a while. . .

First: 10. Lion's bite excessive: Snake administered cure!!

Second: 12. "Lions bow," evidenced Snake. "Ask Castamerians."

Third: 4. Loose bowels? Elia, siblings, avenged conclusively!

I guess it is just me, but I think this one is our weakest round in a while. . .

Really? That's interesting. I thought the last one was the weakest (which made it all the more galling that I didn't do as well as I expected, thinking my entry was great).

Really? That's interesting. I thought the last one was the weakest (which made it all the more galling that I didn't do as well as I expected, thinking my entry was great).

I like the rounds where there seems to be an obvious submission, but am happily surprised to see words and ideas that didn't occur to me.

This time half the lines had "bowels" for the "b" word and almost all had some scatological ref in them. It was a monoculture of ideas, not the heady stew of past rounds.

Sorry to be so negative. Most of the time I think this is a very creative group.

16. Informative paste. Really affects foretelling -Lord Lyman 1st: SNA2nd: honeyed, leek, Evermind3rd: Howlin'H, Evermind

Can you double check scoring just to verify no double counting of votes considering you show two votes on this entry from Evermind?

I only noticed it because I was going to point out, in respects to creativity, that entries with 'paste' in them received votes from the majority of people despite that paste is one of only two words naming the theory. Creativity sometimes can show even if you use one obvious word.

I've found all of the rounds so far to be entertaining. Methinks you two are being too hard on yourselves/the entries.

ETA: as someone pointed out last game, go look at the first few games to see how far the entries have progressed.

Sorry, m'lady. I'm never that negative about the entries really, just last round baffled me a bit. It was the only one I have had a lukewarm reaction to.

Obviously, we all have very different opinions. I do try to avoid the really obvious things in my own entries, but I think each individual entry deserves to be scrutinised upon its own merits, irrespective of whether it conforms to the obvious or not.

You're doing wonderfully as host by the way, Dany.

Can you double check scoring just to verify no double counting of votes considering you show two votes on this entry from Evermind?

I only noticed it because I was going to point out, in respects to creativity, that entries with 'paste' in them received votes from the majority of people despite that paste is one of only two words naming the theory. Creativity sometimes can show even if you use one obvious word.

I'll double check when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for catching this, I def make mistakes :)

There were 16 votes for third place instead of 15, I took away the incorrect Evermind 3rd place vote and corrected the score by decreasing Lord Lyman's score by 1. Spreadsheet is also updated. Thanks again!

Archived