Could Young Griff be a Descendant of Aerion Brightflame?

KingMaekarWasHere

Well that is possible too, but would confuse the story a bit. It would rather imply that Varys is cool with magic and is working against Aegon.

Only if he believes the idea that Bloodraven was a sorcerer, and is taking his side in things. BTW, Sheira was a sorceress so really if you want to exclude magic, you need to leave her out too.

It's possible, yeah.

There's a theory, the "Brightfyre" idea, that Aerion's descendants married into the Blackfyres in exile, and that Aegon (and possibly Varys and/or Serra, if they're related) is both Aerion's descendant and a Blackfyre.

It's possible Aerion left a bastard during his exile, but I really doubt he married a Blackfyre. He did eventually return to and die in Westeros, and being married to his family's sworn enemies would have been awkward to say the least. Especially since his infant son technically should have inherited before Egg.

Edit: I misread what you said, either a bastard or his trueborn son could have married a Blackfyre.

Only if he believes the idea that Bloodraven was a sorcerer, and is taking his side in things. BTW, Sheira was a sorceress so really if you want to exclude magic, you need to leave her out too.

Well exactly. Which is why it would be very hard to believe their son is as against magic as Varys is, and that he would support anyone associated with Blackfyres.

For that a son of Bittersteel makes far more sense.

Well exactly. Which is why it would be very hard to believe their son is as against magic as Varys is, and that he would support anyone associated with Blackfyres.

For that a son of Bittersteel makes far more sense.

As long as Sheira isn't his mother. Even without BR in the mix, it's hard to believe her son would be anti-magic.

Actually they're all too old to be Varys' parents. He'd be a grandson I think.

As long as Sheira isn't his mother. Even without BR in the mix, it's hard to believe her son would be anti-magic.

Actually they're all too old to be Varys' parents. He'd be a grandson I think.

True. But Shiera is the one with the Lyseni connection. Though I suppose any Lyseni could have been the mother of a child by Bittersteel, and that child's child could have ended up a slave.

True. But Shiera is the one with the Lyseni connection. Though I suppose any Lyseni could have been the mother of a child by Bittersteel, and that child's child could have ended up a slave.

Yep. Bittersteel got around. I usually consider Varys to be from the Brightflame line though. We know for a fact that Aerion went to Lys.

Yep. Bittersteel got around. I usually consider Varys to be from the Brightflame line though. We know for a fact that Aerion went to Lys.

Yeah, but one thing to consider is, given their shared family heritage, if Daemon Blackfyre had a daughter, whose son would she have most likely married. Gotta admit, Bittersteel tops that list.

But I don't think that Aerion was behind his son's match to the black dragons, I hint that his red dragon pride and anger at that blinded him and he thought that the main line Targaryens were gods amongst men.

Aerion died when his apparently trueborn son was just a baby. And if he had fathered bastards, from which Aegon descends, as opposed to Aerion Jr., they would have been pretty young too.

One connection to Lys that people pay less attention to for some reason is Shiera Seastar. She was half Lyseni. It is unclear if she ever had any children and if so with whom, but imagine if she had a child with Bittersteel, who was at the very least on of her suitors though it is unclear if he was ever actually her lover. However she had several other lovers as well, so anyone might have fathered a child with her.

If so, and Varys or Illyrio comes from that line, IMO it would help explain Bloodraven's intense interest in the current conflict.

Not only do I believe Aegon is a "Brightfyre," I'm beginning to suspect that he's a "Bloodstar" too. Check out thr podts by Lord Martin here...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/111884-varyss-backstory-what-are-the-readers-expected-to-believe/?p=5884814

Not only do I believe Aegon is a "Brightfyre," I'm beginning to suspect that he's a "Bloodstar" too. Check out thr podts by Lord Martin here...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/111884-varyss-backstory-what-are-the-readers-expected-to-believe/?p=5884814

What is Bloodstar? i didnt see it in the post you linked.

What is Bloodstar? i didnt see it in the post you linked.

You have to scroll down and follow the back and forth with Lord Martin. Here's the first post where Bloodstar was mentioned (sorry for that)...

I like the way you think. But I subscribe to the Brightfyre theory. Still I don't see why Serra has to be Varys's sister... Maybe Illyrio is a Blackfyre, Varys is a Brightflame, and Serra is a... wait for it... "Bloodstar!"

You think fAegon is also descended from them? There is a theory that MEl is their daughter......

Do you have a thread that explains how faegon is come from B and S??

No I don't. My proposals on this thread had to do with Bittersteel.

You have to scroll down and follow the back and forth with Lord Martin. Here's the first post where Bloodstar was mentioned (sorry for that)...

No I don't. My proposals on this thread had to do with Bittersteel.

Ok cool. thx guys :)

Ill check it out and see that I think, as of now though;

I am 100% a firm believer that Illyrio is the descendant of Maelys and that Serra and Varys and brother and sister and they are decendants of Aerion Brightflame. Man I would love to see a confirmed family tree of this really bad!!! I bet there is some stuff in the history book coming out in October :)

Ok cool. thx guys :)

Ill check it out and see that I think, as of now though;

I am 100% a firm believer that Illyrio is the descendant of Maelys and that Serra and Varys and brother and sister and they are decendants of Aerion Brightflame. Man I would love to see a confirmed family tree of this really bad!!! I bet there is some stuff in the history book coming out in October :)

Why not the other way around? Why not Serra and Varys descendants from Maelys and Illyrio descendant from Brightflame?

Archived