Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

This link should work: http://www.slashfilm.com/bryan-cogman-game-of-thrones-interview/

I love this podcast. It's meant for unsullied, but the girl on it (Joanna Robinson) has the best commentary. She also does a spoiler one (Storm of Spoilers) that I recommend.

I can't remember exactly what Cogman said, but I believe he mentioned the scene being cut down. I know he said he thought it was ridiculous people read the scene as Yara fearing dogs; he implied it was more just her "not worth it" moment.

I rarely do podcasts, just look for info on the net. I was wondering, did you mean that Cogman said something about Myranda's fate in that episode and if something was cut concerning her? Thanks in advance for anything you might remember.

Bit drunk, weird day. Knew it was coming but still. Brain left mangled. Anxiety all time high. Not great on around 2hrs sleep in the past 48yrs...

Went for an interesting walk today...Holy shitballs...

RIP JJ Murphy. Sadly never got to meet you. Totally gutted all the same...

Now Robin Williams too? Life is too short people. Your challenge tomorrow is to hug at least 3 people and tell someone that you love them...♥

Oh my, I hadn't heard about Robin Williams yet, just looked it up. That's is so incredibly sad.

I like the bit I bolded in your post :) Should be a daily practice for everyone everywhere.

I rarely do podcasts, just look for info on the net. I was wondering, did you mean that Cogman said something about Myranda's fate in that episode and if something was cut concerning her? Thanks in advance for anything you might remember.

Just gave that part a re-listen...and realized I mixed up my podcasts! The one I meant was here: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/05/14/game-owns-bryan-cogman-returns/ though I still recommend A Cast of Kings if you ever want to give a podcast a shot.

If you want to give that section a listen, starts around the 30 minute mark. He says the Dreadfort scene was "leaner in the edit" and that it was longer in the script, but that it was always meant to be a sort of abrupt scene. He doesn't address Myranda specifically, but knowing the scene was paired down, I'm guessing we missed her death. Guess what I heard and what I read in comments blurred together :(

Just gave that part a re-listen...and realized I mixed up my podcasts! The one I meant was here: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/05/14/game-owns-bryan-cogman-returns/ though I still recommend A Cast of Kings if you ever want to give a podcast a shot.

If you want to give that section a listen, starts around the 30 minute mark. He says the Dreadfort scene was "leaner in the edit" and that it was longer in the script, but that it was always meant to be a sort of abrupt scene. He doesn't address Myranda specifically, but knowing the scene was paired down, I'm guessing we missed her death. Guess what I heard and what I read in comments blurred together :(

Thanks for all that, and thanks for the info. Lots of stuff mixes and blurrs in my mind, no worries. ;)

I'm running out of time, but will check out the links tomorrow. Thanks again.

Oddly enough, I've listened to it already, but I didn't realize that's what you were talking about and I don't even remember what he said about Yara.

But I think it's pretty obvious from the scene itself that it must have been longer - it's a really weirdly cut scene. I'm sure they didn't mean to portray Yara as afraid of Ramsay's dogs, but it just came off that way, because of the bad editing.

According to Gemma Whelan the dogs in the cages were really scary and hard to control. Though it would've been more effective to see all of them running out and to see them chasing down Yara and her men and maybe taking down a man or two, I can see why they wouldn't bother shooting that if the dogs were so difficult. Why they couldn't have had more Dreadfort troops join Ramsay to turn the tide, I don't know. Cogman did say that the scene was originally meant to shoot in a courtyard and be a much bigger fight but they had to scale it down for budgetary reasons. Given those production problems, the fight itself was fun enough and Rheon, Whelan and Allen all gave great performances. It's ending was VERY rushed of course, as well as confusing, but I didn't dislike the scene outright.

According to Gemma Whelan the dogs in the cages were really scary and hard to control. Though it would've been more effective to see all of them running out and to see them chasing down Yara and her men and maybe taking down a man or two, I can see why they wouldn't bother shooting that if the dogs were so difficult. Why they couldn't have had more Dreadfort troops join Ramsay to turn the tide, I don't know.

Interesting....that makes a lot of sense, but sucks that filming logistics kind of came at the cost of Yara's characterization.

First of all, RIP Murphy. Condolences to his family.

Secondly:

What the? Is this the "this guy is too white to play Oberon" discussion AGAIN. Good gods...

Hooray! Can't wait to see it on screen. This is going to be absolutely awesome!

Seems more suspect to send the leader back to his army. Thats just my opinion though. I wouldnt trust mance with his army again

Mance is Jon's best hope of letting Wildlings through the Wall peacefully. Mance was the one who united the tribes under the purpose of getting south of the Wall. Mance is a strong leader with a long-term vision and pacifist tendencies, he might be able to settle the Wildlings peacefully and integrate them into Westerosi culture. He is also unique in understanding both Wildling and Westerosi culture. Tormund doesn't understand or respect Westerosi culture, doesn't enact long term plans like Mance, doesn't have pacifist tendencies, and doesn't command respect throughout the Wildlings. If Mance dies, Jon will have to work with Tormund to deal peacefully with the Wildlings. But Mance is a far better Wildling leader for what Jon hopes to accomplish.

According to Gemma Whelan the dogs in the cages were really scary and hard to control. Though it would've been more effective to see all of them running out and to see them chasing down Yara and her men and maybe taking down a man or two, I can see why they wouldn't bother shooting that if the dogs were so difficult. Why they couldn't have had more Dreadfort troops join Ramsay to turn the tide, I don't know. Cogman did say that the scene was originally meant to shoot in a courtyard and be a much bigger fight but they had to scale it down for budgetary reasons. Given those production problems, the fight itself was fun enough and Rheon, Whelan and Allen all gave great performances. It's ending was VERY rushed of course, as well as confusing, but I didn't dislike the scene outright.

GOT needs an animal trainer. Gemma says the dogs were scary, and Natalie Dormer complained about how difficult the cat was....and Kit also didn't like the dogs in season 1. I guess Sophie is the only person working on the show who actually likes animals. LOL.

GOT needs an animal trainer. Gemma says the dogs were scary, and Natalie Dormer complained about how difficult the cat was....and Kit also didn't like the dogs in season 1. I guess Sophie is the only person working on the show who actually likes animals. LOL.

I can only imagine what they'd say if they had to work with actual wolves. ;)

Nice! Given Mace's lack of a presence in general, coupled with the most recent spoiler about TWOW/ADOS that Martin mentioned, it's unsurprising we'll be getting more Tyrell action. And the QoT has been remarkably popular, so makes sense.

I guess Sophie is the only person working on the show who actually likes animals. LOL.

Except for being allergic to horses :P .

Nice! Given Mace's lack of a presence in general, coupled with the most recent spoiler about TWOW/ADOS that Martin mentioned, it's unsurprising we'll be getting more Tyrell action. And the QoT has been remarkably popular, so makes sense.

Except for being allergic to horses :P .

+

That sounds like Rigg is going to be in KL, not Highgarden, yes?

+

That'd be my guess, unless we'll get to see HG for the Ironborn attacks or something? I just hope she pops up at an SC meeting being like "I'm back, bitches!" Or maybe Margery's arrest will be a catalyst to get her back into the action. Or if the wedding with Tommen happens.

+

Or they will fastforward the Tyrell plot, and she will do whatever she does in tWoW (a meeting with Euron Greyjoy? go back to KL after Margaery's arrestment? Maybe something on the Eyrie?)

It's also possible that she's there for Tywin's funeral... But I hope she lasts longer.

Hey, I really hope for more Tyrell action, scecially Lady Olenna, as she's one of the best characters of the series IMO.

But what spoilers are you talking about? I haven't heard anything regarding the Tyrells in TWOW/ADOS.

Archived