Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Probably most of the scenes there but I think some other castles will stand in for new parts of Winterfell we may explore this season.

01. Hear Me Roar

02. 998th

03. The Seastone Chair

04. The Dragon and the Harpy

05. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

06. Turncloak

07. Warrior's Sons

08. A Ghost in Winterfell

09. Mother of Dragons

10. For the Watch

gaaah i like these names for eps (assuming they are your own creation)

http://watchersonthewall.com/myranda-game-thrones-season-5/

Please, please, PLEASE GoT, not Myranda = fAyra, that would be undoubtedly the worst and dumbest thing on the show ever!

I think there's a bigger chance that the whole fArya deal is cut than that Myranda of all characters will take her place. I don't see why people keep bringing up that horrid theory every time we hear Myranda is in another season. Stop making random connections! She'll probably just be Ramsay's psycho girlfriend again, otherwise they'd have written her entirely differently in season 4 (she could still have been redeemable then, but not after killing Tansy and enjoying it before Theon's eyes

http://watchersonthewall.com/myranda-game-thrones-season-5/

Please, please, PLEASE GoT, not Myranda = fAyra, that would be undoubtedly the worst and dumbest thing on the show ever!

I think that it's far more likely that Myranda will either join or replace the Freys as one of the mysterious murder victims that trigger a sense of unrest in Winterfell. Until then, she'll continue to serve as Ramsay's lackey and occasional lover.

I strongly believe that the show will either cast a new actress to play fArya, or that entire plotline will be dropped. This speculation that Myranda will become fArya after all that she's done to Theon on the show so far is, to my mind at least, ridiculous. I know that certain people around here just love to bash Benioff and Weiss for their perceived sins and lament their reticence to introduce new characters in favor of folding them into established ones. But this is a clear case where the proposed solution (turning the sadistic and capable Myranda into a terrified victim that Theon has to save) would be far more complicated than the problem (just casting fArya, or cutting her).

I don't see the showrunners creating that problem for themselves. The show may not have the time or the casting budget to cast all of the Martells or Greyjoys, but they certainly have the resources to cast a completely unknown actress as "Arya Stark" for a few episodes this season and then let her fade into the background. That makes far more sense than the alternative.

I think there's a bigger chance that the whole fArya deal is cut than that Myranda of all characters will take her place. I don't see why people keep bringing up that horrid theory every time we hear Myranda is in another season. Stop making random connections! She'll probably just be Ramsay's psycho girlfriend again, otherwise they'd have written her entirely differently in season 4 (she could still have been redeemable then, but not after killing Tansy and enjoying it before Theon's eyes

I agree that this theory is very stupid, it was just my first reaction; and I don't want to consider the possibility for the show to destroy, mess up and ruin the best chapters in ADWD and one of the best storylines overall, together with the storylines of many of my favourite characters, especially Theon who needs a good conclusion for his Reek-arc... No, I don't even want to think about it...

^Yeah, I'm imagining Fat Walda being murdered too. In the absence of the Bastard's boys and Little Walder we need some people.known to be close to Roose and Ramsay killed off. (Myranda essentially is the Bastard's boys I guess, so I'm fairly confident about her death...and Walda is still a Frey :p)

^Why not both? :)

Cause as well use their deaths for different matters. Myranda and some nameless Bolton stuntmen deaths triggers Ramsay's bloodlust and Fat Walda's could be used to some other purposes.

Myranda and co killed by spearwives.

Fat Walda killed by Manderlys or some other Northern Lords (or a victim of the "hell breaks loose in the great hall of Winterfell" moment that I hope they keep).

I think that it's far more likely that Myranda will either join or replace the Freys as one of the mysterious murder victims that trigger a sense of unrest in Winterfell. Until then, she'll continue to serve as Ramsay's lackey and occasional lover.

I strongly believe that the show will either cast a new actress to play fArya, or that entire plotline will be dropped. This speculation that Myranda will become fArya after all that she's done to Theon on the show so far is, to my mind at least, ridiculous. I know that certain people around here just love to bash Benioff and Weiss for their perceived sins and lament their reticence to introduce new characters in favor of folding them into established ones. But this is a clear case where the proposed solution (turning the sadistic and capable Myranda into a terrified victim that Theon has to save) would be far more complicated than the problem (just casting fArya, or cutting her).

I don't see the showrunners creating that problem for themselves. The show may not have the time or the casting budget to cast all of the Martells or Greyjoys, but they certainly have the resources to cast a completely unknown actress for a few episodes this season and then let her fade into the background. That makes far more sense than the alternative.

I hope she'll get murdered. I don't know who'll be in Winterfell later in the season, but no matter if it's Mance or one of Manderly's men or just another Northmen - the main thing is that she dies.

And I still have hope for a fArya casting, I agree with you, to find an actress for her shouldn't be much of a problem and she really simplifies and connects so many storylines (Theon's, Jon's, Stannis' and the Boltons' ones).

Cause as well use their deaths for different matters. Myranda and some nameless Bolton stuntmen deaths triggers Ramsay's bloodlust and Fat Walda's could be used to some other purposes.

Myranda and co killed by spearwives.

Fat Walda killed by Manderlys or some other Northern Lords (or a victim of the "hell breaks loose in the great hall of Winterfell" moment that I hope they keep).

Okay, that would work well, I guess (I think I've just a soft spot for the Roose/Walda couple... not that I believe both will survive in the books either).

Now, all we need are still some Northmen to commit the murder...

^Yeah, I'm imagining Fat Walda being murdered too. In the absence of the Bastard's boys and Little Walder we need some people.known to be close to Roose and Ramsay killed off. (Myranda essentially is the Bastard's boys I guess, so I'm fairly confident about her death...and Walda is still a Frey :p)

The idea that people should be killed just because of their last name, even if they've done nothing wrong, is disgusting. It would only make the northern Lords who do it extremely unsympathetic.

:agree: That would be something I'd like. Definitely rather Myranda than Fat Walda (what some people believed or considered) =(

Myranda is a more satisfying target for death, since she's evil and Fat Walda isn't. But Fat Walda hits two notes that are kind of important - Northern thirst for vengeance against the Freys for the Red Wedding (Myranda has no connection to the Red Wedding, Fat Walda was presumably present) and Northern vengeance being vicious and indiscriminate. And Fat Walda is much more important to Roose than Myranda, who is disposable.

I guess it depends on what note the show wants to hit. If they want the Northern Lords to be primarily motivated by the Red Wedding, and if the build-up to the Battle of Winterfell is mostly about coldblooded Roose vs. Northern Lord maneuvering, Fat Walda should be assassinated.

If the Northern Lords are primarily motivated by the idea that they don't want to be ruled by Ramsay and the build-up is about things getting hotblooded and out of control, or if Roose is secretly behind the killing, Myranda should be assassinated.

Whomever dies to spark things, the other could die during the ensuing chaos / battle.

Myranda is a more satisfying target for death, since she's evil and Fat Walda isn't. But Fat Walda hits two notes that are kind of important - Northern thirst for vengeance against the Freys for the Red Wedding (Myranda has no connection to the Red Wedding, Fat Walda was presumably present) and Northern vengeance being vicious and indiscriminate. And Fat Walda is much more important to Roose than Myranda, who is disposable.

I guess it depends on what note the show wants to hit. If they want the Northern Lords to be primarily motivated by the Red Wedding, and if the build-up to the Battle of Winterfell is mostly about coldblooded Roose vs. Northern Lord maneuvering, Fat Walda should be assassinated.

If the Northern Lords are primarily motivated by the idea that they don't want to be ruled by Ramsay and the build-up is about things getting hotblooded and out of control, or if Roose is secretly behind the killing, Myranda should be assassinated.

Whomever dies to spark things, the other could die during the ensuing chaos / battle.

The Northern lords in the books were very motivated by the Red Wedding, but they did not kill Fat Walda. How do you explain that?

The idea that people should be killed just because of their last name, even if they've done nothing wrong, is disgusting. It would only make the northern Lords who do it extremely unsympathetic.

The northern Lords are pretty unsympathetic. Frey Pies is not acceptable behavior.

Archived