TWoW Prologue Info

TheOldWolf

^Slightly off-topic, but why would Blackfish rescue Edmure? If he'd wanted to, he could have taken him with him when he fled Riverrun in the first place. I've seen this idea multiple times, and I'm genuinely curious as to peoples' thoughts.

^Slightly off-topic, but why would Blackfish rescue Edmure? If he'd wanted to, he could have taken him with him when he fled Riverrun in the first place. I've seen this idea multiple times, and I'm genuinely curious as to peoples' thoughts.

When GRRM announces that Jayne was going to be in the prolouge on TWOW, my feelings was that it will envolve them traveling towards Casterly Rock. I re-read Jaime's last two chapters in AFFC and I could not help a little bit of forshadowing. I know it is unlikely Bryden can rescue Edmure and Jayne with no army, but something is going to happen in the upcoming prolouge that could involve a rescue attempt.

I find it hard to believe Edmure's story is done as a prisioner at Casterly Rock since he is the rightful lord of the riverlands.

Edmure had to honor his word to Jaime.

I think you're off on the details a bit. How would Blackfish have rescued Edmure? Edmure was a captive of the Lannisters/Freys since the Red Wedding. While Blackfish was under siege inside Riverrun, Edmure was trotted out each day with a noose around his neck. There was no prior opportunity to rescue him.

I think you're off on the details a bit. How would Blackfish have rescued Edmure? Edmure was a captive of the Lannisters/Freys since the Red Wedding. While Blackfish was under siege inside Riverrun, Edmure was trotted out each day with a noose around his neck. There was no prior opportunity to rescue him.

I think he's suggesting that when the Blackfish swam under the gate, Edmure could have come with him. But that would have been pretty dishonorable and probably would have had harsh consequences for those he left behind.

I think he's suggesting that when the Blackfish swam under the gate, Edmure could have come with him. But that would have been pretty dishonorable and probably would have had harsh consequences for those he left behind.

Oh right. I did forget that Jaime sent Edmure inside so he could tell everyone he was surrendering his castle. Yes, technically Edmure could've left with Blackfish then, but it would've meant the death of his unborn child, at the least.

^But it wouldn't be honoured if he escapes the convoy either. He's promised to be a captive at the Rock.

But prisoners can be rescued. He promised to surrender the castle and submot to captivity. Honor would not precent him from attempting escape. It would cost him the comforts promised to him though.

Archived