TWoW Prologue Info

TheOldWolf

Finally some more TWOW info. Im wondering how important she is, considering her TV counterpart got killed.

yes well that was a completely different girl, so robb had a spare..... ;).

Seriously, is this book done already or what?

In another thread, it was stated that 2015 would be unlikely......

I can't see how the BwB would be involved between Riverrun and CR. They're waiting for Brienne to bring Jaime aren't they? And I didn't think they would be on the River Road south-west from Riverrun.

Actually we don't know exactly what will happen.

In the middle of the events in DWD, Brienne approached Jaime.

That was in the end of Jaime's only POV chapter in the book.

So far the sample chapters haven't mentioned either of them or their whereabouts.

Cersei, in her last chapter I believe, is told by Kevan that Jaime is lost in the Riverlands, having abandoned his troops and followed Brienne.

So, by the time Cersei's Walk of Shame takes place, Brienne and Jaime have likely joined BWB or whatever LS's plans were.

I am excited about Jeyne W, and I wouldn't mind if she was a POV.

I don't want her to die, but I believe that it would be interesting to have POV from all the important people in Robb's life, his parents, his siblings, his wife.

didn't grrm say that we would get a pov at the rock? so maybe this is that, but i hope it happens before that so the bwb can attack easier. I hope the pov is jeyne's mom so she will die, but i have a feeling that it will be some lannister or lannister man. maybe daven if he went with them back home. I can't remember what he was doing at the end of affc.

I have a recollection that in an interview last year GRRM said that we would in due course be seeing Casterley Rock and Highgarden

there is always some kind of magic in prologues and epilogues. i wonder will there be magic in this prologue? and from who?

LS perhaps? Or Thoros?

Black Crow, thank you. :)

Still waiting for the interview from Terri from zap2it

1) @Terri_Schwartz: I got the skinny on the Jeyne Westerling #windsofwinter prologue news from @GRRMspeaking himself. Interview coming soon! #zap2sdcc

2) @sven187: @Terri_Schwartz @WiCnet @GRRMspeaking can't wait to read it in 2021

3) @Terri_Schwartz: @sven187 @WiCnet @GRRMspeaking We ALSO talked about that. :)

1) @dmand93: @Terri_Schwartz @WiCnet @GRRMspeaking wait prologue? So she's dead?

2) @Terri_Schwartz: @dmand93 @WiCnet @GRRMspeaking We address that!

3) @dmand93: @Terri_Schwartz @WiCnet @GRRMspeaking oh man. I can't wait! Please tweet the interview link!

4) @Terri_Schwartz: @dmand93 @WiCnet @GRRMspeaking I will! Might go up tomorrow based on how frenzied tonight is, but it is coming. (00:54 GMT +1, 26/7)

Actually we don't know exactly what will happen.

In the middle of the events in DWD, Brienne approached Jaime.

That was in the end of Jaime's only POV chapter in the book.

So far the sample chapters haven't mentioned either of them or their whereabouts.

Cersei, in her last chapter I believe, is told by Kevan that Jaime is lost in the Riverlands, having abandoned his troops and followed Brienne.

So, by the time Cersei's Walk of Shame takes place, Brienne and Jaime have likely joined BWB or whatever LS's plans were.

I am excited about Jeyne W, and I wouldn't mind if she was a POV.

I don't want her to die, but I believe that it would be interesting to have POV from all the important people in Robb's life, his parents, his siblings, his wife.

Well of course we're all just speculating. I just always assumed we would get the scene where Jaime is introduced to LS, unless Brienne leads Jaime away but that seems unlikely if Brienne has sworn an oath to bring Jaime before the BWB. I also always assumed that as soon as Jaime is brought before LS, she would have him hanged, but I suppose they could use him to create a trap for other Lannister forces. I just can't believe they would keep him alive.

Well of course we're all just speculating. I just always assumed we would get the scene where Jaime is introduced to LS, unless Brienne leads Jaime away but that seems unlikely if Brienne has sworn an oath to bring Jaime before the BWB. I also always assumed that as soon as Jaime is brought before LS, she would have him hanged, but I suppose they could use him to create a trap for other Lannister forces. I just can't believe they would keep him alive.

I think that if GRRM wanted to write that scene, it would have been already included in DWD.

I believe that it will be similar-in terms of narrative-to Jaime's arc in COK.

In Cat's last COK chapter, she asks Brienne to give her sword.

Then SOS begins, when Jaime, Cleos and Brienne are already sailing away from Riverrun.

Jaime, Brienne and Cat mention the oath and Jaime provides the reader with a brief summary of his escape, explaining what happenned between meeting Cat in his cell and sailing away.

As much as I would love to read the exact scene when Jaime is taken to LS, I think that GRRM tell the story in a faster pace.

Killing Jaime at this point of the story would be anticlimactic, in my opinion.

There is a theory, that LS will attack the Freys and Lannisters in Devan's wedding and Jaime might be useful to them.

I think that if GRRM wanted to write that scene, it would have been already included in DWD.

There is a theory, that LS will attack the Freys and Lannisters in Devan's wedding and Jaime might be useful to them.

Given the number of POV characters the story is switching between when Feast and Dance conjoin, I thought it was plausible that it would take a while to get back to them.

That sounds interesting. I know GRRM has said there will be more weddings so that particular one would be a poetic place for LS to wreak vengeance.

Archived