Discussion of the Season 5 storylines - Implications of the Casting News from San Diego

The hairy bear

If Bran is cut from season 5 because they've reached the end of his published material, what does that mean for Sansa? Her last scene with Littlefinger was also pretty much the end of her published stuff, wasn't it?

Sansa will have either Twow material or made-up material in the next season. Which basically means that their reasons for cutting Bran are full of shit and they are cutting him because they think it would be boring.

Sansa will have either Twow material or made-up material in the next season. Which basically means that their reasons for cutting Bran are full of shit and they are cutting him because they think it would be boring.

Sansa arch as of AFFC/ADWD is her being part of a larger plot of Littlefinger. We are not really at that part if it will be used.

Based on the shooting news/rumors we got over the past couple months it will be show material.

I don't really agree with you, but I'm very curious why you think show runners should include materials they believe to be boring in their show.

They're cutting him to give George time to get there first since brans arc will contain most of the spoilers and reveals people have been waiting for since 1996.

Doubt that. They can't wait on Martin.

They're cutting him to give George time to get there first since brans arc will contain most of the spoilers and reveals people have been waiting for since 1996.

I doubt that. They have spoiled the Night's king this season, so they clearly don't care about that.

I don't really agree with you, but I'm very curious why you think show runners should include materials they believe to be boring in their show.

Because it's important to the story?

I doubt that. They have spoiled the Night's king this season, so they clearly don't care about that.

Because it's important to the story?

They didn't spoil the nights king. They gave a visual confirmation of testimony from book three when crasters wife claimed unequivocally that the white walkers were crasters sons. its not a spoiler when the information is thirteen years old.

They've disclaimed the character was the night king but if it was it's not a big spoiler that he's connected still to the white walkers of the current story.

It's pretty clear bran is crucial and they're pulling him off screen deliberately to keep questions open until later seasons.

They didn't spoil the nights king. They gave a visual confirmation of testimony from book three when crasters wife claimed unequivocally that the white walkers were crasters sons. its not a spoiler when the information is thirteen years old.

They've disclaimed the character was the night king but if it was it's not a big spoiler that he's connected still to the white walkers of the current story.

It's pretty clear bran is crucial and they're pulling him off screen deliberately to keep questions open until later seasons.

We actually see the Night's King, which was never hinted at in the books. That's a pretty damn huge spoiler story-wise because of the implications.

Yeah, there were a bunch of people theorizing that Stannis would become the new Night's King or that Roose is the Night's King. I don't recall a large number of people thinking that the Night's King was currently alive and working with the White Walkers in the Land of Always Winter. The turning of the babies shouldn't have been a big surprise to most people (though apparently it was), but the Night's King stuff and the thirteen members of...whatever that group is certainly was some major stuff.

you guys don't hang out in heresy very much, it's been an ongoing key tenet of the 100+ heresy threads that the Night's king is still a going concern.

I said "I don't recall a large number of people thinking that the Night's King was currently alive." I am well aware of the Heresy threads, but I don't think its group constitutes a large number of the community. Judging by the reaction even in these ASOIAF forums, I stand by my statement.

True enough. I hail back to 2001 on this forum, so I often forget these days that one cannot be aware of every much talked about theory. Used to be easy to keep track of and I enjoyed scoffing at self-evidently absurd theories like aegon being alive to my later chagrin.

I really dont look forward to the Dorne part. I liked it in the books, but as much as i love the show, jugding by what they made of Oberyn there is gonna be a ridicolous amount of unnessassary sex scenes.

Me neither, especially after the show cut Arianne and most likely also young Griff. For me, that is the most explosive stuff from the whole Dornish plot and I'm sure their alliance will affect the end game.

I would have liked to follow Quentyns trip too, but I understand why that was cut.

I really dont look forward to the Dorne part. I liked it in the books, but as much as i love the show, jugding by what they made of Oberyn there is gonna be a ridicolous amount of unnessassary sex scenes.

Sex scenes involving who? Trystane and Myrcella are too young, as are two of the three Sand Snakes. That leaves only Obara, Areo and old Doran. :D

Sex scenes involving who? Trystane and Myrcella are too young, as are two of the three Sand Snakes. That leaves only Obara, Areo and old Doran. :D

According to Wikipedia all 3 sandsnakes are over eighteen and two of them are in their twenties. There are going to a be a hell of a lot of sex scenes.

Show!Trystane is not too young and while Show!Myrcella is, if they want to make a sex scene between the two they only need to hide portions of her skin.

Now, I don't think Myrcella having sex before marriage would reflect what little we know of Book!Myrcella's wits, but I don't think we should discount that

Show!Trystane is not too young and while Show!Myrcella is, if they want to make a sex scene between the two they only need to hide portions of her skin.

Now, I don't think Myrcella having sex before marriage would reflect what little we know of Book!Myrcella's wits, but I don't think we should discount that

I'm absolutely sure that she cannot be involved in a sex scene of any kind.

Archived