Discussion of the Season 5 storylines - Implications of the Casting News from San Diego

The hairy bear

• 2 weeks later...

And Varys supports Gendry? You would have thought he would have been keeping Gendry safe then instead of letting him get sent to the Wall.

I heard that they cut out all other heirs of throne and just centre around Gendry and Jon Snow and Deanerys so that no means no Aegon VI (young giff) and No Eric Storm you might be right that Varys and Tryrion might back up Gendry. That going piss lot of Aegon VI fans (I am still piss about Val and Dalla sisters and Wildling Prince)

I heard that they cut out all other heirs of throne and just centre around Gendry and Jon Snow and Deanerys so that no means no Aegon VI (young giff) and No Eric Storm you might be right that Varys and Tryrion might back up Gendry. That going piss lot of Aegon VI fans (I am still piss about Val and Dalla sisters and Wildling Prince)

Heard from whom?

Even if they haven't cut the idea of Aegon until now, the fact that there are no hints of him whatsoever on the show and no build-up for it (we have not heard the phrase Azor Ahair or Prince that was Promised at all, nor did we get the mummer's dragon or slayer of lies visions in the House of the Undying or the idea of the dragon having 3 heads, etc.) ironically makes me think that he will end up on the cutting room floor...oh well, another obstacle out of the way. What else is new? I mean the only thing that could happen in the book is that he infects people with greyscale and he and Dany have a dance of dragons civil war in the 6th and 7th book but that sounds soo boring to me because it is making him just into another hurdle and what a soap opera reveal he was in book 5.

Even if they haven't cut the idea of Aegon until now, the fact that there are no hints of him whatsoever on the show and no build-up for it (we have not heard the phrase Azor Ahair or Prince that was Promised at all, nor did we get the mummer's dragon or slayer of lies visions in the House of the Undying or the idea of the dragon having 3 heads, etc.) ironically makes me think that he will end up on the cutting room floor...oh well, another obstacle out of the way. What else is new? I mean the only thing that could happen in the book is that he infects people with greyscale and he and Dany have a dance of dragons civil war in the 6th and 7th book but that sounds soo boring to me because it is making him just into another hurdle and what a soap opera reveal he was in book 5.

They don't have to say the words "Azor Ahai" or "Prince that was Promised" to introduce those concepts. We've heard Melisandre recite part of the prophecy during the burning of the seven, and instead of AA, she said "Warrior of Light"- but still said "Lightbringer". To me, it makes me almost think that both are the same thing and the show doesn't want to confuse people by throwing out two different names with similar prophecies. If we hear more about it, it will almost assuredly be next season with Melisandre and Aemon together. We HAVE heard "Stallion that mounts the World", so that very well could be a distinct prophecy.

• 1 month later...

Something that came to mind was that if D&D are planning for an Aegon reveal, why would they leak casting info? Same with LSH. I mean I can see if they're not included but since those are the characters that would need to be kept quiet about in production, maybe that's exactly what they're doing.

Maybe the whole in-production Dorne/KL emphasis is a red herring for where the other storylines will go in season 5. I mean I'm only hearing about Dorne and KL so maybe it's for a reason because they're keeping the Essos and North storylines under wraps.

Not having at least Euron introduced though would be a big deal for me. He arguably jumps off the page more than any character IMO. He's one of the characters that seems like a can't miss to put on the show. I'd like to think D&D would be super excited to introduce and integrate his character. The whole image, style, and part of the overall story. He's one that if he's not in 5 or 6 I'd be bummed more than any of the others.

Something that came to mind was that if D&D are planning for an Aegon reveal, why would they leak casting info? Same with LSH. I mean I can see if they're not included but since those are the characters that would need to be kept quiet about in production, maybe that's exactly what they're doing.

Maybe the whole in-production Dorne/KL emphasis is a red herring for where the other storylines will go in season 5. I mean I'm only hearing about Dorne and KL so maybe it's for a reason because they're keeping the Essos and North storylines under wraps.

The production doesn't plan out what information we get from filming, for the most part. The reason we know the most about KL and Dorne is because of the filming locations. Stuff filmed inside the Painthall in Belfast is always concealed from view.

Ah, I don't know how accurate this is, and at the risk of fanning the flames of unfounded rumors...but this soundbite about the decision to film flashbacks in S5 came up after a mom tweeted that her daughter just read for a young Cersei.

ETA: Now EW is confirming the story.

MYCROFT (Mark Gatiss / Tycho Nestoris) RETURNS :commie:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/27/mark-gatiss-season-5-thrones/

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

I was thinking about him. Tycho's role in the books has been played out on the show, if not in the same way. On the other hand, I haven't heard diddly about casting the Kindly Man. Could he be smushed with Tycho?

The worst kept secret in Essos is that the Sealord, the Iron Bank and the FM are one institution. Arya can't spend 10 eps learning sailor's knots on the Titan's Daughter.

If you can find it, watch an old tv show called The League of Gentlemen. It makes Monty Python's Flying Circus look like Father Knows Best.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived