Wishful Thinking

Sword of the Morgan

The opposite: a theory I believe is correct even though I really wish it wasn't.

The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

Please no. Please tell me it really was just a joke, and not ominous foreshadowing.

The opposite: a theory I believe is correct even though I really wish it wasn't.

Please no. Please tell me it really was just a joke, and not ominous foreshadowing.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. However, I do have a hard time seeing Arya surviving the series, though I think she will accomplish something big beforehand if she does die.

I'd love it if Syrio were still alive (but not Jaquen). I know that's unpopular but I can't help it, I just love that character so much.

This, Syrio is one of my favourite characters from the books. I too don't believe he's Jaqen, but I do believe it's plausible that he lived through the encounter with Meryn Trant and escaped Kings Landing.

The fact that he never explicitly dies, and also due to him being an extremely well created character just makes me think he might have a role to play further down the track.

Very much wishful thinking though, in all likelihood we'll never hear from him again and never truly know whether he died or not.

This, Syrio is one of my favourite characters from the books. I too don't believe he's Jaqen, but I do believe it's plausible that he lived through the encounter with Meryn Trant and escaped Kings Landing.

The fact that he never explicitly dies, and also due to him being an extremely well created character just makes me think he might have a role to play further down the track.

Very much wishful thinking though, in all likelihood we'll never hear from him again and never truly know whether he died or not.

It's very wishful thinking on my part, I admit. But there is some slight source of hope! Have you read the Mercy chapter yet?

Just before "Mercy" is getting prepared to perform the play, she notes that:

Phario Forel had written it, and he had the bloodiest quill of all of Braavos.

If you read what the play is about, it will seem incredibly familiar.

Nope haven't gotten round to reading any of the additional chapters yet. I discovered this forum about a month ago or so, but I'm very much a latecomer to the books. Just finished them over the weekend so I came here immediately after to dig around into all the stuff I missed. Great resource here and very impressed with the amount of critical analysis and the fact people can spot some of these subtle hints.

Archived