Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

He was Darkstar of the cotton candy, and we receive floss everytime we write his name pink, didn't we agree on that? :P

Though I'd rather have a cookie.. let's go back to that idea..

Candy floss is cotton candy :p But I'm a Brit so I had to be awkward ;)

Yes, the cookie a better idea :lol:

Is it relatively definite that the Others cannot pass south of the Wall as long as the Wall stands?

Not at all, at least imo. Old Nan says in the beginning of AGOT that the magic of the wall only lasts as long as the men of the NW hold true to their vows... It is imo up for debate as to whether or not that magic dies with Jon/ dies if the wildlings massacre the NW in the wake of Jon.

Not at all, at least imo. Old Nan says in the beginning of AGOT that the magic of the wall only lasts as long as the men of the NW hold true to their vows... It is imo up for debate as to whether or not that magic dies with Jon/ dies if the wildlings massacre the NW in the wake of Jon.

Well, trying to off Jon wasn't a violation of their vows on the part of Brutus's... er, Bowen's conspirators was it? Oh I see, you say the magic dies if the Wildings massacre the Night's Watch for Jon... But they wouldn't whack Jon's friends and supporters at all of the manned castles would they?

^ Can never quote at work for some reason. Idk what is going to happen really but If the watch was in the right to stab Jon, than the watches LC must have violated his own oath, so I think there is at least room to speculate that the watch is no longer holding to its vows, or at least won't be holding to them soon.

The Moat Cailin article states Victarion plans to return to the ruins with one thousand men, with AFFC-18 as its source. Does anyone know which line from the text supports this?

I'm unable to find a quote for that...

This was all I could see:

But when the Damphair’s summons came, the call to kingsmoot, then all was changed. Aeron speaks with the Drowned God’s voice, Victarion reminded himself, and if the Drowned God wills that I should sit the Seastone Chair…The next day he gave command of Moat Cailin to Ralf Kenning and set off overland for the Fever River...

No mention of returning with 1000 men that I could see

How do I learn more about the Night King besides the story Bran recalls in ASOS? How are people relating Stannis to NK? I'm kind of confused on that theory

The only knowledge about the Night's King we have comes from that story as far as I know.

Here is the wiki article, for all the info in one place

How do I learn more about the Night King besides the story Bran recalls in ASOS? How are people relating Stannis to NK? I'm kind of confused on that theory

Some people see a parallel between the way the Night's King was ensorcelled by his pale blue eyed queen and what's happening with Stannis and Melisandre. Others think he will somehow become a pawn of the others. There's also the fact that he's a king at the Wall.

The only knowledge about the Night's King we have comes from that story as far as I know.

Here is the wiki article, for all the info in one place.

Ah okay. I was hoping there was a bit more that maybe I missed while reading. Thank you!

As to where the theory about Stannis being the NK comes from, 2 of the main points are Dany's vision of a Blue eyed King that casts no shadow at the wall, and Donal Noyes line that Stannis will break before he Bendsd coupled with the GNC, great northern conspiracy, the idea that once Stannis secures the North for them, the Northmen will tell him to go bugger himself.

As to where the theory about Stannis being the NK comes from, 2 of the main points are Dany's vision of a Blue eyed King that casts no shadow at the wall, and Donal Noyes line that Stannis will break before he Bendsd coupled with the GNC, great northern conspiracy, the idea that once Stannis secures the North for them, the Northmen will tell him to go bugger himself.

I imagine this might tie into the theory too? (I'm not familiar with it so I could be wrong):

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper’s rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.

I seem to remember that Pycelle, Varys and Jaime had to ask for pardon from Robert together at Rebellions end.. Though I'm unable to find the quote I have in mind (I did find a quote about the pardons, but I seem to remember something with kneeling in front of the throne). Can anyone help?

Robert could be merciful. Ser Barristan was hardly the only man he had pardoned. Grand Maester Pycelle, Varys the Spider, Balon Greyjoy, each had been counted an enemy to Robert once, and each had been welcomed into friendship and allowed to retain honors and office for a pledge of fealty. So long as he was brave and honest, Robert would treat him with all the honor and respect due a valiant enemy. ---aGoT page 466

Archived