ASOIAF Guessing Game XIV - #1 - Most Tragic Character

Lord Lyman

And the answer is

#17 Rhaenyra Targaryen (67 points on 4 lists)

Rhaenyra Targaryen was the only living child King Viserys I Targaryen and his first wife. As a result, she was named his heir. Viserys remarrying ang producing sons did not change this fact. Upon his death, her younger brother Aegon II, despite the King's will proclaiming otherwise. Thus the Dance of Dragons was born. The war finally ended after Aegon, fed her to his dragon Sunfyre. In irony, two of her sons still became kings of Westeros.

Congratulations to Turinqui- Calima for a correct gamble. :commie:

And nine other for scoring points

Bori still remains in the lead and has a 2 point advantage over Pancake and TC.

Scores

Bori 6 + 1 = 7

Pancakemountain 3 + 2 = 5

Turinqui-Calima 0 + 5 = 5

Et cetera the Mouse 3 + 1 = 4

Annara Snow 0 + 3 = 3

Bridgeburners 3

Bustard 2 + 1 = 3

Castellan 3

Dany Lannister 3

Dreamsongs 0 + 3 = 3

Kyoshi 3

lil' ghost 2 + 1 = 3

Ramsay Blow 3

Ser Gerold Dayne 0 + 3 = 3

The Doctor's Consort 3

Wolf Lord's Daughter 0 + 2 = 2

Evermind 1

Lyanna <3 Rhaegar 1

honeyed chicken 0

King Tyrion I 0

Mathis 0

Q the Cat 0

Reek Havoc 0

Ser Lucious 0

I don't think it's Tysha - not at this stage.

I'll go with Davos Seaworth.

Davos is not a commoner, not anymore. He's a knight and a Hand of a King.

ETA: Though I guess the past tense could mean "this person was a commoner but is not anymore" as well as "this person was a commoner and they are dead". :dunno:

I thought about gambling on Tysha... but now my confidence is shaken. Basically, it could be any named commoner who was a victim at some point. Plus Davos, the former commoner, who doesn't strike me as a tragic character, but he lost several sons and people like him/feel sorry for him.

I thought he was a steward. I thought she and Beth Cassel are sort of genteel middle class not noble. I will check wiki. I suppose if her father was a ser.

Well the wiki just has the father as Vayon Poole. I am sure she is a commoner. However, she is also in a category 'noblewomen' in the wiki and as its something people are endlessly confused about I'll just leave it as Tysha for now.

I thought he was a steward. I thought she and Beth Cassel are sort of genteel middle class not noble. I will check wiki. I suppose if her father was a ser.

Well the wiki just has the father as Vayon Poole. I am sure she is a commoner. However, she is also in a category 'noblewomen' in the wiki and as its something people are endlessly confused about I'll just leave it as Tysha for now.

She's not exactly nobility, or on the lower end of nobility, but she is higher than a commoner. If she were a commoner, she wouldn't have been hanging out with Sansa and Myrcella and getting lessons from the septa.

Archived