The Griffin vs. The Bear

Rorey Targaryen

Jorah, and Jorah.

Both are broken men of a sort, exiled from their homes, but Connington is still very arrogant for a man in his position.

It wasn't Jon the one who wanted his fellows from the GC calling him Ser or Lord, like Jorah. Despite the rumours Varys started, he's still fondly remembered there, and they welcomed him warmly when he returned. Jorah, otoh, when he was saw as a slave, they were pretty much "Lol"ing at him for that. I agree that Jon is arrogant, but he at least has the good sense to keep it to himself, while Jorah doesn't hide the fact he practically thought Dany belonged to him. For instance, Jon, even when he had it all, wanted to prove his worth to gain the love of Rhaegar, the Prince, while Jorah pretty much wanted Dany, the Queen, to love him because he loved her and he simply ran into kiss her.

As to who's the better advisor, take your pick.

In single combat, I'm going with Jorah. Even though he's older, Mormont's bigger, stronger, and has distinguished himself in combat. Connington has reputation as a commander not a fighter.

He has a reputation for both, he wounded Hoster Tully and killed Denys Arryn (who had a good reputation himself)

I don't even think it would be close between Jorah and Jon in a one on one fight or equal starting battlefield position against each other. Who has Jorah killed that we know of? Khal Drogos bloodrider? Jorah basically lost that fight if not for the Dothraki idiotically getting his sword stuck in jorahs side.

Who has Jon conning ton killed? Denys Arryn, a renowned badass. He also wounded The Lord of the river lands, and would have killed the usurper had he forsaken his own honor and scorched the town.

Who is a better leader? What battles has Jorah lead? He was a fighter during the greyjoy rebellion but nothing after that. Even for Dany, what did he really do? Instructed her to get the unsullied, sure that was a good move, in fact, it's the best decision he ever influenced. Jon was former hand of the king, former leader of the golden company.

I think it's pretty hands down here.

Found the quote: "[...]Lord Connington, a friend of Rhaegar's who had a great reputation as a warrior". So, yeah, he's the better fighter. :dunno:

Who has Jon conning ton killed? Denys Arryn, a renowned badass. He also wounded The Lord of the river lands, and would have killed the usurper had he forsaken his own honor and scorched the town.

Agree, but I doubt Jon could have been able to defeat Robert.

I can think of many ways Connington could have gained the Blackheart's favor.

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-spiderpman-l.png

Found the quote: "[...]Lord Connington, a friend of Rhaegar's who had a great reputation as a warrior". So, yeah, he's the better fighter. :dunno:

Agree, but I doubt Jon could have been able to defeat Robert.

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-spiderpman-l.png

Remember though, Robert was injured in that battle. Plus his killing would have been via burning the town down.

Yea you're right, burning them was about as much of an option to him as kidnapping Joffrey was to Ned.

Indeed. He could have used a better weapon than Rhaegar, though. Or, simply, keep Robert as a hostage. It's sad that his only mistake was actually being a good person.

Can dragons eat griffins?

Ask Rhaegar.

The fact Jon was able to survive Robert, means he had skill.

He fought Denys Arryn and won. Then (or before), he fought Hoster and got him hurt (wonder why he didn't kill him), and then, he faced fully recovered Robert and survived, probably because he realised he needed to retreat his men. People often needs to remember how badass Jon is. Like, is not even a question who would win between him and Jorah.

to answer the first question you merely have to look at which counselor has achieved for their leader.

Jorah- has given Dany hard truths, been loyal and has saved her life from death a couple times (also saved her life from the danger he himself out her in, which I feel kinda washes that out) and has also given her advice that lead her to having an army, and becoming a queen of a kingdom. Has also been a commander of that army that has so far never been defeated.

Jon- has successfully raised Aegon in secret in a place of no danger or even chance of danger. Constructed a plan that gave Aegon the potential to have an army.....but yet the plans fell through and the Golden Company wouldn't have really helped unless Aegon had spoken up and changed the game plan to something the majority of the officers of the Golden Company were down for. Jon has also had the help and riches of Illyrio to help him, as well as Lemore, Haldon etc to be by his side in aiding Aegon.

I think Jorah in the books has proven to be more effective in the sense of being an adviser.

When it comes to a duel= 50/50.

Archived