Assuming that Dany lands in The Vale...

Lord Rhaegel Tarly

I personally believe that Dany will land in The Vale, when/if she arrives to Westeros. With the political situation in The Vale (ie. Littlefinger vs the Lords Declarant) heating up, how will Dany's landing and presence affect this? My hypothesis is that The Lords Declarant (who are technically 'anti-Lannister') will join and bend the knee to Dany (either because of fear -dragons, unsullied, etc.- or honour) and this will lead to the entire Vale houses supporting her.

Any thoughts?

I personally believe that Dany will land in The Vale, when/if she arrives to Westeros. With the political situation in The Vale (ie. Littlefinger vs the Lords Declarant) heating up, how will Dany's landing and presence affect this? My hypothesis is that The Lords Declarant (who are technically 'anti-Lannister') will join and bend the knee to Dany (either because of fear -dragons, unsullied, etc.- or honour) and this will lead to the entire Vale houses supporting her.

Any thoughts?

Why do you think Dany will land in the Vale?

I think LF would stretch his breeches with excitement. A chance to manipulate a Targ with three dragons??

He will be all over her like a Lannister Imp on wine.

Whether or not she sees through his slimy performance depends on how much she has grown intellectually since her stint in Mereen....

Fair enough. As for the Vale situation I think most will be terrified, given how the Arryns were the first ones to openly defy the Targaryens when Aerys demanded Ned and Robert's heads. We'd see a lot of people bending the knee pleading mercy, fleeing the Vale, or being slaughtered by a vengeful Dany. And if Littlefinger is one of the latter, so much the better.

Actually it would be very interesting to see how Dany and Sansa interact if they met. Sansa is a child of the usurper's best friend, but she's also a young woman put in horrible situations only to emerge with new strength and power. Dany would have to have absolutely no heart left to dismiss that kind of backstory given her own life. Maybe she promises Sansa the Vale if Sansa joins her and declares for her?

I think there is a good reason why GRRM left Vale army out of all the action and that reason might be to fight Dany.But Dany's dragons are still young and even if she attacks Vale with all his army I really don't think she can conquer it.Drogon was severly injured when he was in the fighting pits so this tels us that it is possible to hurt even kill young dragons.While Dany has a good army there is something we are forgetting in Barristans last chapter Yunkish(or someone else) started throwing corpses to the city so I guess those corpses had Pale Mare and it isn't a big assumption if we say city is plauged with Pale mare so Dany's army is slowly or quickly losing its strength in numbers.So if she somehow make it to Vale with the current forces she has she is doomed to lose.But there are some theories about Dany taking control of the whole Dothraki army but even then Dothraki are useless when fighting Vale.

Whether or not she sees through his slimy performance depends on how much she has grown intellectually since her stint in Mereen....

I don't think she will have grown intellectually at all: Tyrion will be her brain. Dany will just be an intellectual/psychological puppet -except when she decides to kill random people for questioning her authority :).

Wouldn't Dany choose to land somewhere where she had natural allies eg. Dorne or The Reach?

I think that Dorne can be put out of the picture, now Quentyn's dead. The Reach will be interesting: I believe that the houses from The Reach who will oppose Aegon (the Tyrells, for instance), will support Dany.

I generally feel the Vale plot will not dovetail with the other plots so much, that Sansa will kill LF and then return to the Riverlands, For Dany, the key to Westeros is the Riverlands or maybe the Reach--where was Aegon's big victory,--Harrenhal.

Wouldn't the Riverlords be too pro-Stark to accept Dany?

Drogon was severly injured when he was in the fighting pits

No he wasn't.

OP, I agree she will land in the Vale. I think Dorne will declare for Aegon, and the Vale for Dany. There's a reason they've been kept out of war so far. Saving them to fight someone makes no sense. Or at least not as much as saving them to declare for a new player.

Assuming Dany brings her army, why would she land in the Vale? She would have to come by ship from Meereen, so why bypass most of Westeros and land in the Vale, where the roads are now impassable with snow? they would all just have to get back on a ship to sail across Crab Bay. Much more likely, I think, she would land in the Stormlands or Crackclaw Point or Duskendale and make her way to King's Landing overland. :)

The vale is my favorite region and Dany my favorite character........

But what reason does she have to think she has friends there? Or is she hoping the army that stayed out of the WOTFK is sympathetic to her?

Why would she think that? The Vale fought against the Targaryens during Robert's rebellion. If she lands in the Vale, she'd come fully prepared to fight the Valesmen.

Archived