So how many people think Dany is the younger more beautiful queen?

larastone

This is interesting. Using the prophecy to introduce the valonqar makes sense. It will probably also show Cersei pushing her friend into the well (didn't they cast her?) to establish her ruthlessness and set up her reign of terror. Not sure if they'll include the younger queen thing but if they do, I think viewers will automatically assume it's Dany.

Viewers will probably assume its Margaery at first, but I bet that Dany will end up being a likely theory for show!watchers soon enough as well as Sansa.

Which is also pretty much how it plays out in the book. It wouldn't surprise me if they shortened it to focus on the valonqar, which makes sense given the focus on Cersei and Tyrion's animosity. I don't think you need to include the younger, more beautiful [whatever] to explain why Cersei hates Margaery; that's just basic jealousy and fear of losing one's place. But Cersei actually loathing Tyrion and actively working to kill him? That might require a little more explanation.

In any case, even if they do include it, I don't think it'll be clear who it really is. As you said, most people will assume it's Dany, same as with the books.

no but it will be clear by season 6 or 7 which is only a couple of years by now. thank god we won't have to wait till ADOS is released to find out the answer to who's the YMBQ

I don't think that Dany is TYMBQ. I think that it will be Sansa or Brienne. Another crazy thought is that maybe Cersei herself is TYMBQ and brought about her own downfall based on the decisions she has made. That has a nice poetic ring to it.

I think it being Cersei herself has a great Shakespearean/Greek tragedy angle to it.

no but it will be clear by season 6 or 7 which is only a couple of years by now. thank god we won't have to wait till ADOS is released to find out the answer to who's the YMBQ

Yes thank God. I can barely contain my excitement to figure out who it is. It's definitely at the top of my list of stuff in this series whose resolution I'm eager to see.

I don't think that Dany is TYMBQ. I think that it will be Sansa or Brienne. Another crazy thought is that maybe Cersei herself is TYMBQ and brought about her own downfall based on the decisions she has made. That has a nice poetic ring to it.

Even better - the younger queen can only replace Cersei because of the things Cersei has done to prevent the prophecy from happening. So Cersei causes her own downfall without being the younger queen.

And she could never be the younger queen anyway, because the queen has to REPLACE Cersei. Cersei will remain queen until this other queen arrives and casts her down.

I think it being Cersei herself has a great Shakespearean/Greek tragedy angle to it.

Yes thank God. I can barely contain my excitement to figure out who it is. It's definitely at the top of my list of stuff in this series whose resolution I'm eager to see.

lol cute sarcasm but you've already gotten too invested in this argument for me to believe that you give no fucks to find out who the YMBQ is. you shouldn't have typed out fucking paragraphs if you expected me to believe that you don't care. Bye sis.

lol cute sarcasm but you've already gotten too invested in this argument for me to believe that you give no fucks to find out who the YMBQ is. Bye sis.

It's not that I "give no fucks." It's just that 1. I don't think it's Dany and I find the arguments in her favor to be weak, and 2. I'm not on the edge of my seat over it, to the point where I'd say "thank God" the show will reveal it, assuming it's included in the show at all. It's not even the thing in that singular prophecy I'm most interested in.

And I am not your "sis," thanks.

Even better - the younger queen can only replace Cersei because of the things Cersei has done to prevent the prophecy from happening. So Cersei causes her own downfall without being the younger queen.

And she could never be the younger queen anyway, because the queen has to REPLACE Cersei. Cersei will remain queen until this other queen arrives and casts her down.

Well look, I'm not completely opposed to Dany but I just don't see Dany reaching Westeros anytime soon. I think that Cersei's downfall will be complete before Dany even sets foot on Westeros. And who says the person has to be a queen? The prophecy just says "another", not necessarily another queen. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Sansa or Brienne.

Personally, I can't see Cersei hanging on to power until Dany arrives.

My money is on the obvious choice - Margaery.

I think both Dany and Margaery are obvious choices, though. That's why I find it hard to come down on one or the other. Between the two, though, my money would be on Dany.

I like the idea of it being Cersei who destroys herself because...it's Cersei and that's basically what she's doing anyway.

I can't see it being Sansa because I don't think Sansa is heading back to KL any time soon. Brienne would be an interesting choice, but unless the entire prophecy is supposed to be ironic and a "moral" about inner beauty vs outer beauty, it can't really be her.

It's not that I "give no fucks." It's just that 1. I don't think it's Dany and I find the arguments in her favor to be weak, and 2. I'm not on the edge of my seat over it, to the point where I'd say "thank God" the show will reveal it, assuming it's included in the show at all. It's not even the thing in that singular prophecy I'm most interested in.

And I am not your "sis," thanks.

thanks for reminding me, i obviously got confused that you were my actual sister for a second, whew. :rolleyes:

and my mistake, I guess you're not as invested as much as I thought you were, its just that your heavy arguing gave a different impression.

either way, we'll find out who the YMBQ is soon enough, and it will be fun to see who it just for this forum's reactions. bye for real now though.

I think it's possible that Dany meets Jaime. What a scene that would be!

It is unlikely simply because Jaime does not appear to have long to live, and if he does make it out alive, it will be in exile, as far as possible from any and all Targaryens.

Also, if you examine the prophecies at the House of the Undying, the Lannisters are noticeably absent from Daenerys' extensive list of opponents. That, along with current events, provide good evidence that the Lannisters will long be finished by the time Daenerys arrives in Westeros.

Aren't all the prophecies meant to be ironic or have some sort of twist to them?

Yeah, I'm not sure that it being Brienne is something GRRM wouldn't do. Cersei is a pretty vain person and her mind went immediately to more outward beauty. So wouldn't it be a nifty subversion if it were someone like Brienne, who by the way is called "the Beauty" ironically?

Brienne would be an interesting choice, but unless the entire prophecy is supposed to be ironic and a "moral" about inner beauty vs outer beauty, it can't really be her.

That is the whole point. The prophecy is actually referencing inner beauty, while Cersei, of course, thinks it means physical beauty. The prophecy references her younger twin, while Cersei thinks it is alluding to Tyrion.

Archived