Ukraine 14: Nipple beams and tiger fights for all!

Ser Scot A Ellison

I dislike the term "Putin's defenders". Unless everyone supporting, or at least not fundamentally opposed to US policy, is an Obama defender.

I for one don't care what happens in Ukraine. The West and Russia both have their greasy fingers in this mess. Both are autistic imperialistic assholes whose only priority is measuring the size of their dicks. Though, since US dick is these days objectively much bigger than Russian dick, they tend to wag it around with greater panache, mortally insulted unless everyone gasps in awe of its admittedly impressive length and girth.

So, because the US is an "autistic imperialistic asshole" it becomes acceptable for Putin to invade and annex parts of Ukraine? I'm not sure I get your reasoning. Russia invaded Ukraine. Why are the actions of the US in other parts of the world relevant?

So, because the US is an "autistic imperialistic asshole" it becomes acceptable for Putin to invade and annex parts of Ukraine? I'm not sure I get your reasoning. Russia invaded Ukraine. Why are the actions of the US in other parts of the world relevant?

Can you point me in the direction of my quote that says that it's "acceptable for Putin to invade and annex parts of Ukraine?" What's with all this "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality?

I'm saying that I am weary of international politics. Today Russia fucks someone, tomorrow USA fucks someone else... on and on the merry-go-round goes. And we should be appalled by Russian actions in Ukraine? Well, yeah, they're bad. But every sane person predicted this would happen 8 months ago after the West-supported coup in Kiev (and please don't try explaining how it wasn't a coup, but the will of the people; sure it was.)

So. I. Don't. Care.

Doesn't care, but keeps coming back to thread to make defensive posts about American foreign policy being responsible for crisis...

This.

The best part is the number of times he's been shown to not be clear on the sequence of events. That and putting forth the assertion that Victoria Nuland's magic cookies are responsible for this whole mess.

Can you point me in the direction of my quote that says that it's "acceptable for Putin to invade and annex parts of Ukraine?" What's with all this "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality?

I'm saying that I am weary of international politics. Today Russia fucks someone, tomorrow USA fucks someone else... on and on the merry-go-round goes. And we should be appalled by Russian actions in Ukraine? Well, yeah, they're bad. But every sane person predicted this would happen 8 months ago after the West-supported coup in Kiev (and please don't try explaining how it wasn't a coup, but the will of the people; sure it was.)

So. I. Don't. Care.

Was the west involved? Of course. But that's far from the claim that the actions of the Maidan were orchestrated by the west. And Yanukovich agreed to a deal and then fled. And where did he go?

Anyways, here's an interesting story about what the Russian military has been up to this year.

"As tensions mounted between Russia and the West over Ukraine back in March, a routine commercial flight had a close encounter with a Russian spy plane. The Scandinavian airliner had just taken off from Copenhagen on a flight to Rome when the pilots saw the Russian military aircraft in their path and had to maneuver around it."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2014/11/13/363575880/russia-and-the-west-close-encounters-of-the-cold-war-kind

Fallen,

Hey is it the Russian Air Force's fault that their plane happened to be running with its transponders disabled and near commerical flight paths. Those Danish ATC should account for planes in the area they can't see.

Everyone always blames Russia for stuff like this. Geez.

Russia will send long range bomber patrols to the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/europe/russia-bombers-plan/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

From the article:

Shoigu said Russian long-range bombers will conduct flights along the Russian border and over the Arctic Ocean.

"In the current situation we have to maintain military presence in the western Atlantic and eastern Pacific, as well as the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico," he said. "Due to that, as part of the drills, Russian long-range bombers will conduct flights along Russian borders and over the Arctic Ocean."

Australia's defense ministry said it's monitoring Russian naval vessels on international waters north of Australia.

"The movement of these vessels is entirely consistent with provisions under international law for military vessels to exercise freedom of navigation in international waters," the ministry said in a statement Wednesday.

Can Russian bombers fly to the Gulf of Mexico and back to Russia or are they being based out of Cuba or Venezuala?

Russia will send long range bomber patrols to the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/europe/russia-bombers-plan/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

From the article:

Can Russian bombers fly to the Gulf of Mexico and back to Russia or are they being based out of Cuba or Venezuala?

It's international waters. As long as they follow the rules then where's the problem? We can't stop them from exercising their right to do military drills and such. As to your questions: they will probably use Tu-95MS's. A basic google search could probably give you the answer at that point. Their range is about 9,300 ish miles.

I don't know where Russian bases are. But I assume they could make it across the pacific (just no back without refueling) and Idk where they have bases (if any) across the atlantic but it could probably make the flight. Does Russia have active military bases in Cuba and Venezuela still? I tried searching for it but just came up with the same article twenty thousand times. If they do I suppose they would be launched there. it makes sense, why travel thousands of unnecessary miles when you can make a show of how close you really are.

Doesn't care, but keeps coming back to thread to make defensive posts about American foreign policy being responsible for crisis...

Defensive? Then, I take it, someone who is unquestionably pro-American is, by default, offensive?

Hmm... I tend to agree! :devil:

assorted defence experts don't think the buildup is connected to a new offensive

hromadske profiles of the main separatist leaders - notably all locals, Strelkov and Borodai having departed

Russian TV onto MH-17 conspiracy #197, starring mystery Ukrainian Su-27 instead of Su-25 - pity the images are fake

Defensive? Then, I take it, someone who is unquestionably pro-American is, by default, offensive?

Hmm... I tend to agree! :devil:

I'm convinced: this totally reads like someone who doesn't have a dog in this fight.

Archived