What will be Stannis reaction if/when Danny arrives in Westeros?

Sothoryos_is_Africa!

I believe that Stannis is too far passed the point of no return on this one.

Anyone coming to Westeros believing they have a claim to the throne is a foe to Stannis regardless if their houses fought together in past wars or even if they were good buddies.

Stannis reaction will be simple.

He will make a call to arms. He will send someone to the Iron Bank for more money. He will begin making plans to beat Daenerys back to Essos.

Stannis is not having it.

I think this sums up Stannis's reaction.

(First post!)

Well, the only thing we can be sure is that Stannis will grind his teeth a lot. Maybe they will finally break?

And I think that invariably we will get a bloodbath, but Stannis reaction to Dany will depend on lots of variables: in wich state of mind will Dany arrive in Westeros? I mean, will she still have that stubbornness against the so called "Usurper's dogs"? This is important because Daenerys' sense of justice will be the factor to decide if it will be a respectful bloodbath or a butchery one. I don't think that the Young Griff's presnce in Westeros will be a big deal in this question because probably Stannis and Dany will want to burn him, but join forces to burn him? Lol, never!

Also, Melisandre. We saw in ADWD that her church in Essos is all for Dany, but we also know that she is loyal to Stannis, so I think there will be lots of doubts (wich will not affect the notth because they don't give a f*ck for these lame ass religions) there, which can be bad for the internal union of Stannis' army, the Queen's men, etc.

And if somehow until then Selyse dies, of course a marriage sugestion will pop up, and then Stannis and Dany will both grind they teeth a lot.

(First post!)

Well, the only thing we can be sure is that Stannis will grind his teeth a lot. Maybe they will finally break?

And I think that invariably we will get a bloodbath, but Stannis reaction to Dany will depend on lots of variables:

And if somehow until then Selyse dies, of course a marriage sugestion will pop up, and then Stannis and Dany will both grind they teeth a lot.

Lol! Love it :)

It would be a hilariously awkward match... Which they might realize is a good idea.

And then made his own claim based on Targaryen blood.

The primary difference here is that Aegon and his sisters founded Westeros as a nation by conquering disparate nations and forcing them to kneel.

Robert on the other hand just killed everyone ahead of him in the line of succession. He didn't found a new nation, just a new branch of the tree / dynasty that already existed. Many people in Westeros realize this, which is why Dany, Aegon, or Jon are legitimate threats to the rule of the baratheon line.

In stannis case, it's sort of hard to say. It obviously seems like he believes that his claim is strongest Among current contenders, but he's never been faced with an actual Targaryen claimant yet, and the closest we came to him discussing the issue was ambiguous (choosing between king and family discussion).

I honestly think for him it will come down to personal feeling. There's a better chance he'd back Jon willingly, I think, than Dany. But, Dany has drogon, which improves her ability to negotiate... ;)

Here we go another Jon claim

Jon has no claim to the IT! Even if he is Rhaegar's son and Lyanna and Rhaegar apparently married, where is the proof? Howland Reed may be the only one, but who is going to believe him? Some might, but not everyone. Mel? She claimed Stannis AA, now she is going back on that and says something else, ya people are really going to believe this Red Witch. Plus he is still part of the NW and remember everyone thinks of him as Ned's bastard, now he says he is Rhaegars long lost son. People are going to have serious doubts. So being badly hurt (possibly dead) he is going to get all the Houses to flock to him as the true king? Without proof, he doesnt even look like a Targ.

However Dany and Aegon are threats, however they will probably be fighting each other before Stannis comes South.

Here we go another Jon claim

Jon has no claim to the IT! Even if he is Rhaegar's son and Lyanna and Rhaegar apparently married, where is the proof? Howland Reed may be the only one, but who is going to believe him? Some might, but not everyone. Mel? She claimed Stannis AA, now she is going back on that and says something else, ya people are really going to believe this Red Witch. Plus he is still part of the NW and remember everyone thinks of him as Ned's bastard, now he says he is Rhaegars long lost son. People are going to have serious doubts. So being badly hurt (possibly dead) he is going to get all the Houses to flock to him as the true king? Without proof, he doesnt even look like a Targ.

However Dany and Aegon are threats, however they will probably be fighting each other before Stannis comes South.

Mreh, it's all hypothetical anyway. My personal views regarding Jon are more in line with yours (it's unlikely there will be broadly known proof, it's unlikely Jon would claim the throne even if there were, etc on and on).

I think it's fun to consider questions like "what would stannis do if Jon somehow made an unquestionable claim to the IT" anyway. Cuz what else are we gonna do for another 2-3 years?

For the record I also seriously doubt it will come to a descision like this for Dany or Aegon, either. It's all speculative.

Even if Jon can't prove his parentage, we would know and then there's Howland Rees and potential others that were at the Tower of Joy.

Put it like this: No one could prove Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen were bastards beyond Cersei confessing. Does that mean we should just accept them claiming the throne?

A claim to the throne is nothing more than legal argument as to why you have a legal right to sit on it. No more no less. Lots of people have claims but not all claims are equal. In Jon's case, it is a pretty weak one for the simple reason that it is going to be awfully hard to prove he says who he says is compounded with the fact that he would be the product of a ploygamous marriage which may or may not be that acceptable to the people of Westeros.

Whatever else dead people think.

(Very possibly dead through old age after having successfully sat the iron throne for many years, given Dany's pace so far)

Dany:

HERE I AM

IN THE LIGHT OF DAAYY

LET THE STORM RAGE OOOOOONNNN

Shireen's grandgrandchildren, at 90years of age:

¿Who r u?

"Me and my brother kicked your dragon loving butts out of Kings Landing, the Iron Throne belongs to the Baratheon dynasty, which is mine by right".

The Iron Throne belongs to Stannis. I'm sorry Khaleesi fans but Dany is just another usurper ;)

she will bend the knee or be destroyed

"The Iron Throne is mine by rights, all those who deny that are my foes." Stannis isn't bending the knee to a dragon queen.

"I will suffer no other kings in Westeros." - Stannis to Jon.

By rights the throne belongs to Stannis.

<snip>

He will not even conceive the idea of tolerating her or her foreign army . She is just another usurper .

Well at this point dany is the usurper. Targaryen rights on the throne was win 300 years ago by conquest and robert conquered the targaryens by killing the heir Rhaegar.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Even if Jon can't prove his parentage, we would know and then there's Howland Rees and potential others that were at the Tower of Joy.

Put it like this: No one could prove Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen were bastards beyond Cersei confessing. Does that mean we should just accept them claiming the throne?

Yes. Otherwise anyone can claim someone else is a bastard, provided they can assemble the armies needed to support their claim uprising.

Robb Stark? Looks like his mother, just like Joffrey looks like his mother. Robert Arryn? Jon Arryn wasn't sickly, that one is a bastard too. Edric Dayne? Who knows, maybe he doesn't have the fabled Dayne's front teeth so Darkstar is the true heir. Etc, etc, etc.

It could be even worse than the Blackfyre Rebellions because, at the very least, Aegon the Unworthy did give his sword to Daemon Blackfyre and rumors about his heir's bastardy existed before Aegon died. Stannis claiming he's the heir seemingly out of the blue is a magnitude worse than Daemon's claim.

Could Melissandre be using Stannis till Danny arrives and then give her the north's alliance and try to unite both of them? All it would take to stannis accept that is a word from Melissandre saying that it's the "R'hllor's will" or that she saw it in her flames.

No way in hell.

Apart from Mel's PoV indicating nothing into that direction, "R'hllor's will" can kiss Stannis' rear end. And the collective rear end of the Northmen twice over. Something Stannis would have to do himself if he ever runs contrary to a Stark's opinion.

I've always wondered if stannis would be able to suck it up and bend the knee to a targaryen who has a better claim than him. I don't think it would happen, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if he is able to come around.

then again, dany will probably burn him for a traitor before he even has a chance.

Archived