What will be Stannis reaction if/when Danny arrives in Westeros?

Sothoryos_is_Africa!

I've always wondered if stannis would be able to suck it up and bend the knee to a targaeryon who has a better claim than him. I don't think it would happen, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if he is able to come around.

then again, dany will probably burn him for a traitor before he even has a chance.

Please show one. Doesn't exist.

Here we go another Jon claim

Jon has no claim to the IT! Even if he is Rhaegar's son and Lyanna and Rhaegar apparently married, where is the proof? Howland Reed may be the only one, but who is going to believe him? Some might, but not everyone. Mel? She claimed Stannis AA, now she is going back on that and says something else, ya people are really going to believe this Red Witch. Plus he is still part of the NW and remember everyone thinks of him as Ned's bastard, now he says he is Rhaegars long lost son. People are going to have serious doubts. So being badly hurt (possibly dead) he is going to get all the Houses to flock to him as the true king? Without proof, he doesnt even look like a Targ.

However Dany and Aegon are threats, however they will probably be fighting each other before Stannis comes South.

I am hardened Jon hater, but Jon has just as much proof of his being a Targ than Stannis has of Joff, Tommen, and Myrcella's bastardy, that is to say: none.

In SoS, Mel warns Stannis that more pretenders will come. We don't know if he considers Tommen and Euron to be these "new pretenders" but if he doesn't he probably has her words in the back of his mind still.

That being said, he will treat Dany and Aegon no different than he treated Robb, Balon and Renly; pretenders that he has to destroy.

Though of course, once Selyse dies, Staenerys kicks into high gear and they get hitched.

He's not going to join her since he sees the Iron Throne as legally belonging to the Baratheon dynasty now and views himself as having the best legal claim to that throne. He's also not going to surrender, because well he's Stannis Baratheon. If they met it would most likely be to do battle, Stannis is going to do a speech about how Robert would have smashed the Dragons with one arm and killed Daenerys and Selmy with the other but he's not Robert. Then shadow babies.

He's not going to join her since he sees the Iron Throne as legally belonging to the Baratheon dynasty now and views himself as having the best legal claim to that throne. He's also not going to surrender, because well he's Stannis Baratheon. If they met it would most likely be to do battle, Stannis is going to do a speech about how Robert would have smashed the Dragons with one arm and killed Daenerys and Selmy with the other but he's not Robert. Then shadow babies.

Iirc the words baratheon dynasty don't appear in the books or anyway

Stannis doesn't say them.

Stannis considers himself Roberts legal heir we know that much and not much more.

kinda depends when this meeting takes place.
maybe after stannis rids winterfell of the boltons and goes back to the wall to fight the others he MIGHT (a very slight chance) set aside the fight for the throne for the good of the realm..
he probably would be shocked to hear of her, her army, her dragons.

Iirc the words baratheon dynasty don't appear in the books or anyway

Stannis doesn't say them.

Stannis considers himself Roberts legal heir we know that much and not much more.

What are you talking about? They even name a whole subset of the house seperately, House Baratheon of Kings Landing, to show their now a royal family. Of course there's a Baratheon dynasty, that's the last name currently ruling the throne.

"You come with an army of foreigners, cutthroats, and exiles backed by child dragons? You come expecting men to bend their knees to a woman who has spent all her life in Essos, who brings the dothraki and Ironmen to their shores? No, spawn of Aerys. I will fight, my men will fight, the stag felled the dragon once. Mayhaps that time has come again. I am lord of the kingdoms and protector of the realm, and I will defend my kingdom against this foreign invasion by a pretender"

Personally the only humans I even consider having a moral right to be in Westeros are the ones that left the weirwood trees intact.

Exactly - that is why winter and the long night will come after Dany and Stannis have had their bloodbath.

Stannis trumps the feudal wars and gets his throne, Dany trumps the system and melts the throne, winter trumps Dany and the dragons perish.

"You come with an army of foreigners, cutthroats, and exiles backed by child dragons? You come expecting men to bend their knees to a woman who has spent all her life in Essos, who brings the dothraki and Ironmen to their shores? No, spawn of Aerys. I will fight, my men will fight, the stag felled the dragon once. Mayhaps that time has come again. I am lord of the kingdoms and protector of the realm, and I will defend my kingdom against this foreign invasion by a pretender"

:agree:

Salladhor Saan and his pirate fleet. Melisandre and her red god. The sellswords Justin Massey hopes to buy. Stannis letting the wildlings in. Stannis as a false Azor Ahai.

But Dany's is the foreign invader and pretender.

Stannis fans. When will they learn?

Salladhor Saan and his pirate fleet. Melisandre and her red god. The sellswords Justin Massey hopes to buy. Stannis letting the wildlings in. Stannis as a false Azor Ahai.

But Dany's is the foreign invader and pretender.

Stannis fans. When will they learn?

1. Dany is a foreigner. She doesn't even remember Westeros.

2. Stannis's soldiers right now are all Westerosi except Melisandre, and even with the sellswords that Massey will buy a majority of Stannis's men will be Westerosi (assuming the North rallies to him). Dany's army is almost all Essosi except for Ironborn, who everyone hates anyways, Barristan, two criminals, and a few hundred sellswords.

3. Everyone who's not Tommen is technically a pretender to the Iron Throne.

In SoS, Mel warns Stannis that more pretenders will come. We don't know if he considers Tommen and Euron to be these "new pretenders" but if he doesn't he probably has her words in the back of his mind still.

That being said, he will treat Dany and Aegon no different than he treated Robb, Balon and Renly; pretenders that he has to destroy.

Though of course, once Selyse dies, Staenerys kicks into high gear and they get hitched.

Stannis and Daenerys deserve eachother, they can both talk about how much they hate Robert and his Usurper dogs.

Stannis and Daenerys deserve eachother, they can both talk about how much they hate Robert and his Usurper dogs.

Stannis doesn't hate Starks. And I don't think he really hates Robert. He idolises his big brother, feels inferior to him constantly. He feels he can never match up. He's bitter. Look at how he says Robert would behave, Robert would have this sorted, Robert would have won by now. I think he's resentful of Ned being more of a brother to his brother than he was but he doesn't hate Starks.

What are you talking about? They even name a whole subset of the house seperately, House Baratheon of Kings Landing, to show their now a royal family. Of course there's a Baratheon dynasty, that's the last name currently ruling the throne.

Their claim is derived from the Targ blood, it's a new last name but the claim is still derived from descent from Aegon.

Changing the last name doesn't completely annul other claims - it just establishes the claim as the one currently in power as being from a different branch in the family tree.

And do you have an example of "house baratheon of kings landing" from the text? I don't recall that one either.

Stannis doesn't hate Starks. And I don't think he really hates Robert. He idolises his big brother, feels inferior to him constantly. He feels he can never match up. He's bitter. Look at how he says Robert would behave, Robert would have this sorted, Robert would have won by now. I think he's resentful of Ned being more of a brother to his brother than he was but he doesn't hate Starks.

Sounds like he and Dany agree - boh of them aren't Ned stark fans but there's no evidence either of them dislike Starks in general.

Archived