Political Maps of the Seven Kingdoms

creganstark

Just so you know that now winter has come the farmers have nothing to do so of course they are gonna join Stannis to fight, so that's where all these extra Glover men have come from, I'd say they originally only had around 1000-1500 men, but now all fields are covered in snow they could probably double it.

Do you find that funny?

Yes. Extremely so.

The Ladies of Bear Island are soldiers because they have been trained to deal how to fight in case they need to defend the land from the Ironborn/Wildlings.

Both Brienne and Asha are soldiers as they have received both training and had battlefield experience.

The Green boys of Lannisport were not soldiers as they were still being trained when they were beaten easily by Robb Stark despite outnumbering his force.

Mya is not a soldier, she guides mules and the people riding in them.

Yes, if you want to count the Mya equivalents as soldiers then yes, the Glovers can field a lot more than 2,000.

Just so you know that now winter has come the farmers have nothing to do so of course they are gonna join Stannis to fight, so that's where all these extra Glover men have come from, I'd say they originally only had around 1000-1500 men, but now all fields are covered in snow they could probably double it.

Amen.

Providing that the Glovers or the people in the Glover lands have excess weapons needed to equip them and they are able to train them.

Stannis showed at the Battle of Castle Black that a 100k untrained poorly equipped civilians is no match for 1,500 trained properly armed soldiers.

Yes. Extremely so.

The Ladies of Bear Island are soldiers because they have been trained to deal how to fight in case they need to defend the land from the Ironborn/Wildlings.

Both Brienne and Asha are soldiers as they have received both training and had battlefield experience.

The Green boys of Lannisport were not soldiers as they were still being trained when they were beaten easily by Robb Stark despite outnumbering his force.

Mya is not a soldier, she guides mules and the people riding in them.

Yes, if you want to count the Mya equivalents as soldiers then yes, the Glovers can field a lot more than 2,000.

Ok ok. So the green boys of Lannisport (which numbered 10'000) at Oxcross are not counted as soldiers?

The army of boys are not soldiers. Boys they may be, but enlisted soldiers also.

You are discrediting an army lmfao.

Mya is not a soldier, no. But she would fight. Admittedly, that was poorly worded.

But no, Mya is an exclusive mule handler, just like Ned Woods is an exclusive tracker, and Benjicot Branch is an exclusive guide.

They aren't going to fight at all!

Mya won't care when the Gates of the Moon are stormed! I mean she'd give the advancing army mules! Thats her job!

Providing that the Glovers have excess weapons needed to equip them and they are able to train them.

Stannis showed at the Battle of Castle Black that a 100k untrained poorly equipped civilians is no match for 1,500 trained properly armed soldiers.

Okey guys you are like off topic for 6 pages. These are all assumptions because we don't know exact size of population, and how much men Glovers can equip....

Providing that the Glovers have excess weapons needed to equip them and they are able to train them.

If the Glovers were equipping their men, it would be a first in the entire series.

Lords don't provie weapons or armor to their levy or population. Never have, never will.

If the Glovers were equipping their men, it would be a first in the entire series.

Lords don't provie weapons or armor to their levy or population. Never have, never will.

No lord equips their levies, they have to provide their own weapons, its why most peasant levies are normally armed with farm implements, hammers or axes

Gosh! Someone should have told the Lannisters that.

Lord Lefford, the sour bird who had charge of their stores and supplies, leaned forward. "I hope your savages do not share your reluctance, else we've wasted our good steel on them."

"My savages will put your steel to excellent use, my lord," Tyrion replied. When he had told Lefford he needed arms and armor to equip the three hundred men Ulf had fetched down out of the foothills, you would have thought he'd asked the man to turn his virgin daughters over to their pleasure.

I guess this is more evidence why Tywin is the kindest Lord in Westeros as he is the only one who takes on the burden of equipping his men.

Gosh! Someone should have told the Lannisters that.

Look it's not my fault if you don't know how medieval levies work.

No lord equips their levies, they have to provide their own weapons, its why most peasant levies are normally armed with farm implements, hammers or axes

First part is correct. The second part is, just, I don't know read a book.

It is a quote from the book. GRRM's world in which Tywin carries around surplus equipment, enough to use for the 300 new troops Tyrion had brought with him.

300 of the 20k?

Huge percentage there. Definitely wouldn't carry anything for 1.5% of your army. Definitely not, especially if you had armorers and blacksmiths coming along with you.

Who do you think armed the levies in medieval Europe?

Were the right was a mailed fist of knights and heavy lances the vanguard was made up of the sweepings of the west: mounted archers in leather jerkins, a swarming mass of undisciplined freeriders and sellswords, fieldhands on plow horses armed with scythes and their fathers rusted swords half trained boys from the stews of lannisport, and tyrion and his mountain clansmen.

See armed with scythes, as I said farm implements.

300 of the 20k?

Huge percentage there. Definitely wouldn't carry anything for 1.5% of your army. Definitely not, especially if you had armorers and blacksmiths coming along with you.

Who do you think armed the levies in medieval Europe?

I replied to this statement from you

It took all of 2 minutes to prove that statement was bullshit.

See armed with scythes, as I said farm implements.

Take a minute and consider the rest of the Tyrion's thoughts along with Tywin's contributions. I will give you a hint:

"fieldhands on plow horses armed with scythes and their fathers rusted swords half trained boys from the stews of lannisport"

" how could his father expect this travesty of a battle to hold his left?"

" “I put the least disciplined men on the left, yes. I anticipated that they would break. Robb Stark is a green boy, more like to be brave than wise. I’d hoped that if he saw our left collapse, he might plunge into the gap, eager for a rout. "

Literally every single other mention of an army we see is men with legitimate armor, weapons, and often experience.

I replied to this statement from you

It took all of 2 minutes to prove that statement was bullshit.

Are you familiar with 1) medieval history or 2) the phrase, "the exception that proves the rule" ?

It actually explains a *lot* if you think that lords provide arms and armor to their levies.

Mostly that you have no god damn idea what you're talking about. Actually the statement still holds true. The Vale mountain clans were never Lannister levies or peasants. Try harder

Are you familiar with 1) medieval history or 2) the phrase, "the exception that proves the rule" ?

It actually explains a *lot* if you think that lords provide arms and armor to their levies.

Mostly that you have no god damn idea what you're talking about.

Once again you come into an argument with your cock swinging.

Someone made a point that now its Winter the farmers can become soldiers.

I disagreed with the premise as these people who were previously farmers would need to be equipped and that the Glovers would need to have the extra weapons to arm these farmers.

I was actually pointing out that the Glovers were unlikely to have the excess weaponry to give to them.

You said that most were armed with farm implements, hammers, or axes. The quote you provided doesn't help prove that.

Once again you come into an argument with your cock swinging.

Someone made a point that now its Winter the farmers can become soldiers.

I disagreed with the premise as these people who were previously farmers would need to be equipped and that the Glovers would need to have the extra weapons to arm these farmers.

I was actually pointing out that the Glovers were unlikely to have the excess weaponry to give to them.

Your right they won't have extra weaponry, but the farmers do, as has been quoted they can use scythes and axes, implements they would be using in their farming, these aren't the best of weapons but its better then nothing

Archived