Political Maps of the Seven Kingdoms

creganstark

Yeah uh its almost certainly true.....

Otherwise, thats just ridiculous.

Ice demons but no bridges. Rightttttt

It depends on whether you interpret "no crossings between the Twins and the ruby ford" as:

No crossings OR

No huge crossings

It's also just ridiculous how you assume that all your guesses are 'almost certainly true'.

I really doubt that there isn't going to be a bridge for 100 miles.

Small enough for smallfolk and a lordly retinue, but not large enough for an army.

It's implausible I agree, but no more so than Qotho's Arakh cutting through Jorah's plate armour, or the army numbers we are given in and around Winterfell.

Unfortunately not everything George writes is infallable, in this case he probably knew it was true but wrote it how he did so that Robb's plan could work, we just have to accept the book as it is, faults and all.

It's implausible I agree, but no more so than Qotho's Arakh cutting through Jorah's plate armour, or the army numbers we are given in and around Winterfell.

Unfortunately not everything George writes is infallable, in this case he probably knew it was true but wrote it how he did so that Robb's plan could work, we just have to accept the book as it is, faults and all.

Mormont was wearing chainmail, not plate.

So? The Ruby Ford is too far to be of use to the Rygers or Vyprens. And there aren't any crossings between there and the Twins.

How is it not of use? The Vyprens directly control the territory around the Ruby Ford. The Rygers I grant you are a bit far up, so maybe they don't occupy territory on the west bank, but there's no reason the Vyprens wouldn't.

How is it not of use? The Vyprens directly control the territory around the Ruby Ford. The Rygers I grant you are a bit far up, so maybe they don't occupy territory on the west bank, but there's no reason the Vyprens wouldn't.

The Ruby Ford is quite far away from the Vypren lands west of the Green Fork.

As a newcomer I have a stupid question: How does the OP know that the lands of the Vyprens and Rygers are in the place where he pictures them? Are there new sources(from GRRM) that confirm their location ?

I mean the castles of the Freys, Tullys, Mallisters and a few other houses are known, so it's possible to guess their respictive lands, but some of the houses (the vyprens for example) are AFAIK of unknown location?

Did he just fill in the known houses, and afterwards he filled the remaining "free" lands with the remaining houses?

If that's how he has done them, they are totally speculative, I mean the rygers could be at the place of the vyprens or viceversa (or somewhere else ).

Either way I admire the work of the OP.

As a newcomer I have a stupid question: How does the OP know that the lands of the Vyprens and Rygers are in the place where he pictures them? Are there new sources(from GRRM) that confirm their location ?

I mean the castles of the Freys, Tullys, Mallisters and a few other houses are known, so it's possible to guess their respictive lands, but some of the houses (the vyprens for example) are AFAIK of unknown location?

Did he just fill in the known houses, and afterwards he filled the remaining "free" lands with the remaining houses?

If that's how he has done them, they are totally speculative, I mean the rygers could be at the place of the vyprens or viceversa (or somewhere else ).

Either way I admire the work of the OP.

Yes.

• 1 month later...

the land around deepwood motte is clearly the domain of the house of glover and their bannerman, including house forrester...house glover is clearly one of the major northern banners as they are listed as one of the main vassals of house stark in TWOIAF...also included, ryswell, manderly, dustin, bolton, talhart reed, umber, karstark, hornwood and mormont...therefore i think both glover and talhart need representation...im not sure about house locke on your map, tht seems wrong to me but im not sure

the land around deepwood motte is clearly the domain of the house of glover and their bannerman, including house forrester...house glover is clearly one of the major northern banners as they are listed as one of the main vassals of house stark in TWOIAF...also included, ryswell, manderly, dustin, bolton, talhart reed, umber, karstark, hornwood and mormont...therefore i think both glover and talhart need representation...im not sure about house locke on your map, tht seems wrong to me but im not sure

Are you referring to the picture of the arms of the Vassals? I don't think that has any bearing on how powerful the House is in series just the ones that the reader will be most familiar with.

The Riverlands version features three houses that are extinct and one, the Whents, close to extinction. The Vale had House Baelish, while the Westerlands features both the extinct Reynes and Tarbecks and the far from powerful Cleganes and Westerlings.

its been discussed earlier, theyre not feautured cuz they are masterly houses (glover and tallhart) and not noble houses as the rest, we dont truly know the difference, but the OP speculates that these houses dont have control of their land as much as the rest, which makes the mapped area domains to house stark.

Archived