Brandon Snow. Key to the killing of dragons?

Well, figured I'd put this here since we hear about it in the world book most officially. We know Brandon had a plan to sneak into Aegons camp and kill his dragons, then probably an ambush by the army to finish it.

The plan must have been good. Like really good. Like convince the King of Winter to march south of the Neck with 30,000 men, good. Sounds like he was confident in the plan, until he saw the dragons in person. Lost faith in it whatever it was, but that was probably due to the *size* of the dragons. Especially Balerion, I mean I'd rather give up my fancy hat and title then risk the wrath of something that could swallow a mammoth whole and its smaller sisters.

But, in current time we have much smaller dragons. We also have Bran seeing a black haired youth shaping branches in arrows from the weirwood in one of his visions.

Something/Somebody is gonna get sniped by weirwood arrows I think is a pretty good inference. Obvious candidates are Danys trio.

There may be other dragons lurking around, could have hatched shortly after magic came back and be a good enough size to be ridden. That could then be shot down. By weirwood arrows lol.

We also have a black dragon, Daemon Blackfyre and sons being killed by weirwood arrows at long range by Bloodraven and the Teeth. Possible foreshadowing of another blackfyre falling to them? Faegon?

My dream scenario is that the Faceless Men keep the weirwood door to shape into arrows if need be and Arya will use them.. Totally not going to happen

There's not really any evidence that a weirwood arrow would be any more effective than any other kind of arrow at killing dragons. What would Brandon Snow really know about dragons and their weaknesses? He probably made an arrow out of weirwood for luck, out of superstition. Surely, if weirwood made super arrows we would have heard about it by now, and Northern archers would be feared throughout the seven kingdoms.

I have a hard time respecting Torhen Stark. People die in war. that is given. House Lannister fought Aegon and still kept there land and became wardens. He should have hugged his brother goodbye and advised to go for it. I really love Dorne though. Mega respect to them.

I have a hard time respecting Torhen Stark. People die in war. that is given. House Lannister fought Aegon and still kept there land and became wardens. He should have hugged his brother goodbye and advised to go for it. I really love Dorne though. Mega respect to them.

Why? Aegon's forces were outnumbered 5:1 and killed 4000 men and burned another 10K at the FoF.

At the Trident, or wherever they met, Aegon outnumbered him by 50% and had all three dragons. If it came to battle, and it would after an attempted dragon assassination attempt(s), his army would be completely destroyed, routed, deca-decimated, shellacked, pooped out of dragons, and killed.

"The better part of valor, is discretion."

- Falstaff and Torrhen Stark

If he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning, he might have fought. He had no chance.

Why? Aegon's forces were outnumbered 5:1 and killed 4000 men and burned another 10K at the FoF.

At the Trident, or wherever they met, Aegon outnumbered him by 50% and had all three dragons. If it came to battle, and it would after an attempted dragon assassination attempt(s), his army would be completely destroyed, routed, deca-decimated, shellacked, pooped out of dragons, and killed.

"The better part of valor, is discretion."

- Falstaff and Torrhen Stark

If he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning, he might have fought. He had no chance.

Supposedly if it came to battle. If, and what a huge if it was, all the dragons were to die there is almost certainly an impact that this would have on the cohesion of Aegon's ary. These are the beasts that bent five of the seven kingdoms to one man and are a powerful symbol of his power. This is before the "legitimacy" of the Targ dynasty was established ("they have ruled for 100+ years therefore they are legitimate") and before the dragons were accepted by the continent at large. Dragons=dead all of a sudden and you might have large portions of that army run away, slink away slowly, maybe even turn on Aegon. It is also possible that a number may have stayed and seen thing through, but armies are not resolute forces that will react to however you wish them to. . A victory for the North certainly was not near likely, but the death of those dragons would give enough doubt to the outcome of the battle that never happened. (That said, I don't have the World book, so it a possibility that there are facts I don't know about).

Supposedly if it came to battle. If, and what a huge if it was, all the dragons were to die there is almost certainly an impact that this would have on the cohesion of Aegon's ary. These are the beasts that bent five of the seven kingdoms to one man and are a powerful symbol of his power. This is before the "legitimacy" of the Targ dynasty was established ("they have ruled for 100+ years therefore they are legitimate") and before the dragons were accepted by the continent at large. Dragons=dead all of a sudden and you might have large portions of that army run away, slink away slowly, maybe even turn on Aegon. It is also possible that a number may have stayed and seen thing through, but armies are not resolute forces that will react to however you wish them to. . A victory for the North certainly was not near likely, but the death of those dragons would give enough doubt to the outcome of the battle that never happened. (That said, I don't have the World book, so it a possibility that there are facts I don't know about).

I will reiterate again: Torrhen and his men had *zero* chance of winning, unless they killed all of the dragons*. Even if they did, they stood a scant chance of winning.

I respect Torrhen more than Loren Lannister, because while they both retained their land and (most of) their titles, Torrhen didn't let any of his people die.

Yes, I think that Weirwood arrows would do the trick. Bows and arrows made of weirwoods seem to be better than common bows and arrows and I think there was a reason Bran saw that vision. I think the Starks and their allies are going to fall afoul of at least one dragon and they will kill it. My guess is that one of the dragon riders tries to force the North into submission, causing a Stark (perhaps Arya) or a Stark ally to shoot it down to defeat them, the way Dorne did with Rhaenys except with weirwood arrows. As for the FM killing dragons, GRRM once said that they have never been contracted to kill a dragon yet, leaving the possibility of them killing one open.

I respect Torrhen more than Loren Lannister, because while they both retained their land and (most of) their titles, Torrhen didn't let any of his people die.

This.

Archived