GRRM 12 Days of Westeros on Twitter, v.2

Honestly, I think the biggest thing going against the idea that it is something major is that it has not shown up on his livejournal page. That has always been his preferred forum for announcing anything.

He hasn't actually announced anything yet. If it is an announcement, then in theory the last day's tweet could link to an announcement on his blog.

He did say no more chapters but I can see him deciding to give us one, especially if Winds really is a few years off (like, post 2017)

Hightowers would be awesome---they are another house (along with the Dayne's) who are too quiet for my liking. And we know Sam is most likely going to be running into them in Oldtown

The thing is, isn't this too soon after Mercy? It was released in March and if GRRM thinks he's years away from completing the book, wouldn't he be giving away new chapters only cautiously?

GRRM didn't specifically say no more sample chapters, he said he was nearing his limit and that he's conscious of it. He said it in a comment on his livejournal post with the Mercy chapter (i think).

Maybe it's a special present for winter solstice?

The thing is, isn't this too soon after Mercy? It was released in March and if GRRM thinks he's years away from completing the book, wouldn't he be giving away new chapters only cautiously?

Mercy came not too long after Tyrion. I don't think it was even a month's wait. It's postulated it was released so abruptly because GRRM feels it wouldve been spoiled by the show.

Mercy came not too long after Tyrion. I don't think it was even a month's wait. It's postulated it was released so abruptly because GRRM feels it wouldve been spoiled by the show.

He actually released a Tyrion chapter? Well, I guess this shows how little I care about Tyrion's storyline after ADwD. I've had no idea and thought he only released Theon, Arianne and Arya so far.

ETA: But it's strange I wouldn't notice it has been released, anyway. Don't you mean he did a reading?

Honestly I don't know. We know he's sitting on some other chapters that he offered to share once (Damphair) but the crowd voted otherwise

Archived