Who do you support now?

The Blue Knight

the targs felicitated trade and economic across the seven kingdoms, if anything they made massive jumps of progress compared to, the ​thousands of years of stagnation, during the age of the petty king's. and it can be much much worse. it's like comparing the glory day's of Rome to the dark ages of Europe, that should give you a idea of how bad it could become. Plus what's stopping the Cthulhu worshiping viking's from rapping everyone if that happen's?

1 - They facilitated trade? That's what the building of a large fleet to faciliate and protect sea trade was about? Oh wait, they had no fleet worthy of the name. That's what the building of an extended network of paved road was about? Oh wait, no, they only built the king road which more a trail than anything else as it's not even paved. The romans are having a good laugh at that one. So that's why they built academies to drive science? No wait, the citadel predated the Targ and they built fuck all in term of academies, I'm not even aware that they seeked out and acted as patron to the brillant minds of their age.

So what did they do to facilitate commerce? Stop all war? Except of course for their own brand of dragon powered civil war, of course! They haven't even gotten rid of the mountain clans which means travels through the Vale of the Moon are extremely perilous even for an armed band of about 15 (See Catelyn and Tyrion). That's safe for commerce!

Merchants everywhere are giving two thumbs up to the Targs for an oustanding job.

2 - The Dark age? Did you know the life expectancy in the dark age was no lower than under the roman empire? And it was higher in the middleage. That's because contary to popular belief, by and large progress did not stop in the dark age, it marched on. Also, the odds of violent death hadn't changed much. Social structure broke down in smaller pieces, but progress continued. For Europe, The 'Dark Age' were not a step back but an integral part of their march toward Renaissance and domination. If the Western Roman Empire had never fallen it's quite possible it would have stagnated like the Ottoman empire or the Chinese Empire. Empires who were once dominant but were left in the dust by the amalgation of states that emerged from the middle age.

3 - It's hard to gauge the progress that occured before the Targ. But in that time span, the continent moved from the bronze age to the steel age and riddled the place with huge buildings and all the technological advance it implies. What major castle has been built under the Targaryen reign of 300 years? Hmmm? The Red keep. That's it. All the empires that ever existed point at the Targs and laugh. No major engineering project occured under their watch. No major technological improvement. Nothing. The world stood still.

It's time for something new.

the targs felicitated trade and economic across the seven kingdoms, if anything they made massive jumps of progress compared to, the ​thousands of years of stagnation, during the age of the petty king's. and it can be much much worse. it's like comparing the glory day's of Rome to the dark ages of Europe, that should give you a idea of how bad it could become. Plus what's stopping the Cthulhu worshiping viking's from rapping everyone if that happen's?

Stark , Lannister , Arryn , Durrandon , Gardener are petty king's ????? Those family's were just fine before the Targs . The only not fine region was the Riverlands they had dark ages , but hell they had dark ages when the Targs ruled and they still have it .

1 - They facilitated trade? That's what the building of a large fleet to faciliate and protect sea trade was about? Oh wait, they had no fleet worthy of the name. That's what the building of an extended network of paved road was about? Oh wait, no, they only built the king road which more a trail than anything else as it's not even paved. The romans are having a good laugh at that one. So that's why they built academies to drive science? No wait, the citadel predated the Targ and they built fuck all in term of academies, I'm not even aware that they seeked out and acted as patron to the brillant minds of their age.

So what did they do to facilitate commerce? Stop all war? Except of course for their own brand of dragon powered civil war, of course! They haven't even gotten rid of the mountain clans which means travels through the Vale of the Moon are extremely perilous even for an armed band of about 15 (See Catelyn and Tyrion). That's safe for commerce!

Merchants everywhere are giving two thumbs up to the Targs for an oustanding job.

2 - The Dark age? Did you know the life expectancy in the dark age was no lower than under the roman empire? And it was higher in the middleage. That's because contary to popular belief, by and large progress did not stop in the dark age, it marched on. Also, apparently the odds of violent death hadn't changed much! Social structure broke down in smaller pieces, but progress continued. The 'Dark Age' are not a stumble but an integral part of Europe's march to dominate the world a few centuries later. If the Western Roman Empire had never fallen it's quite possible it would have stagnated like the Ottoman empire or the Chinese Empire. Empires who were once dominant but were left in the dust by the amalgation of states that emerged from the dark age.

3 - It's hard to gauge the progress that occured before the Targ. But in that time span, the continent moved from the bronze age to the steel age and riddled the place with huge buildings and all the technological advance it implies. What major castle has been built under the Targaryen reign of 300 years? Hmmm? The Red keep. That's it. All the empires that ever existed point at the Targs and laugh. No major engineering project occured under their watch. No major technological improvement. Nothing. The world stood still.

It's time for something new.

Hey come on now they have built Summerhall so that they can rest from ruling :rolleyes:

The Starks in the North, either independent or as LP for someone half decent. I honestly don't care what happens to the rest of the country, but I would probably pick Dany for the IT if I had to choose because she has the best claim and I don't particularly like any of the other candidates.

1 - They facilitated trade? That's what the building of a large fleet to faciliate and protect sea trade was about? Oh wait, they had no fleet worthy of the name. That's what the building of an extended network of paved road was about? Oh wait, no, they only built the king road which more a trail than anything else as it's not even paved. The romans are having a good laugh at that one. So that's why they built academies to drive science? No wait, the citadel predated the Targ and they built fuck all in term of academies, I'm not even aware that they seeked out and acted as patron to the brillant minds of there age.

Off topic but I never once thought about how a country the size of south America only has one university. I know it's big and influential and stuff but you'd expect a few to.be dotted around the place.

Well @King Tommen Baratheon Touché to you. Thats actually a wicked good point, I am too much of pessimist with this series sometimes. Tommen is a sweet little boy, and has much potential given his youth and position.

Does the Tyrell plan include a long reign for King Tommen? Could it just be temporary, until Margery is with child, or another twist shifts centers of powers? Or a couple decades until a replacement grows up? I would say the odds are against him on a natural death.

I know he has no chance. But I wish he did.

If the Tyrell's don't off him, Stannis, FIRE AND BLOOD, or team fAegon will. :'(

I can't see a reason why the Tyrell plan wouldn't have originally included a long reign for Tommen, he doesn't hurt their cause at all- but now with Cersei even crazier, they might try and seize complete control of the throne by force.

I agree. It's not even like they fought less wars, in fact; they probably fought MORE wars once the Targs were added into the mix, what with being crazy incestual dragon riders and stuff.

it was a sort of constant state of warfare before the Targs came with border skirmish after border skirmish,

The Starks in the North, either independent or as LP for someone half decent. I honestly don't care what happens to the rest of the country, but I would probably pick Dany for the IT if I had to choose because she has the best claim and I don't particularly like any of the other candidates.

Only after Stannis dies. And after Shireen dies. And after Jon dies. And after Tommen dies. And after Myrcella dies.

no more iron born empire's.

was that really that bad though? At least it wasn't a targ empire.

Harren the Black was bad, but the rest of them weren't especially notable. It also was a lot smaller (Riverlands+Iron Isles).

Only after Stannis dies. And after Shireen dies. And after Jon dies. And after Tommen dies. And after Myrcella dies.

was that really that bad though? At least it wasn't a targ empire.

Harren the Black was bad, but the rest of them weren't especially notable. It also was a lot smaller (Riverlands+Iron Isles).

tell that to the thralls that died in the hundreds building harrenhal.

Archived