True Knights?

GallowsKnight

Sandor could have simply captured Mycah and returned him for the Kings Justice . He did not have to ride him down and cut him nearly in half with his sword.

what innocent people did Barristan kill?

How would dragging a terrified boy back to face Ilyn Payne be any better than the quick (albeit brutal) death Sandor gave him?

How would dragging a terrified boy back to face Ilyn Payne be any better than the quick (albeit brutal) death Sandor gave him?

Who knows what would happen to Mycah when he is brought back to the camp. Maybe he gets sent to the wall or Robert takes pity on him or maybe he gets executed but the main thing is that at that point it's no longer Sandor's responsibility it Robert's. Sandor's would not have murdering an innocent child on his conscious.

I understood the OP to be asking about people (men, actually) who have actually been knighted.

Which leaves out Brienne, Sandor, and Jon Snow, and I don't recall Edmure actually being a knighted knight either, just a lord on the death of his father.

Edmure's in, but re: the OP, it made the crucial error of specifically precluding the Hound from the discussion's criteria. As you know, the Law of Internets assures us that that will mean the Hound will be the focal point of the ensuing discussion, and this thread merely proves that up is still up.

Sandor could have simply captured Mycah and returned him for the Kings Justice . He did not have to ride him down and cut him nearly in half with his sword.

what innocent people did Barristan kill?

Do you really think Barristan or other knights only killed bad people? A lot of people he killed were just guilty of being on the wrong side, that was their only crime. And for a knight it's justified to kill them, that's being a knight. You don't judge, but kill whoever your lord/king says to do.

Do you really think Barristan or other knights only killed bad people? A lot of people he killed were just guilty of being on the wrong side, that was their only crime. And for a knight it's justified to kill them, that's being a knight. You don't judge, but kill whoever your lord/king says to do.

Warfare is different then just running down and killing an unarmed , innocent 12 year old boy.

Do we have any information on Barristan murdering any unarmed children? As far as I know the only people Barristan has killed were adults who were armed and trying to kill him.

I forget the actual mention, but doesn't Jamie quote the duties of a true night is to protect the weak. Basically someone that will do whats right even if it goes against the norm. Then theres honor and duty and valor and all that jargon...

Selmy, Davos, Brienne, Dayne.

Then I think Jaime will go out with some sense of honor and redemption.

Kind of a lame question. I think GRRM shows how everyone is human and isn't perfect. I think a "true" night is is only subject to the present.

True knights are bull puckey. Barristan did do some great things. He also killed a ton of people. He remained quiet while his king was assaulting his queen. He took a pardon form the usurper that killed the family of the king he swore a vow to protect. The concept of the True knight is flawed and GRRM is constantly driving home that point

This. Not 100% sure what "bull puckey" means, I would assume something like "load of shit". Either way, I agree completely. If asoiaf teaches anything, nothing and no one can be perfect. Life gets in the way.

Arys Oakheart

He didn't fight and die senselessly (as Arianne seemed to believe), but because a true knight of the Kingsguard will fight and die for the one he is sworn to protect (in this case, Myrcella), even against impossible odds. Compare him to Boros Blount, who surrenders as soon as he knows he is beaten, back when he was protecting Tommen in transport to

Do we definitely have dirt on Dunk other than the fact he may or may not have been knighted? I mean if we are really going by Westorsi laws I'm pretty sure the gods are supposed to judge you for everything during your trial by combat, thus he gotta pass on possibly lying about knighthood? :leaving:

Anyway, true knight to me is always Dunk and maybe Davos. Don't know if this will change with new D&E and winds of winter though.

All of them are TRUE KNIGHTS.

Knights are meant to be BUTCHERS, nothing more, nothing less.

The 'romantic knights' filling the fairy tales fed to young females serve the only purpose of making them more willingly to get into their FORCED marriages in a male-driven society.

Society has no need for 'romantic knights', King need soldiers, and soldiers are butchers before everything else. That's what they are taught to do.

Stop living in your childhood fairy tales and associating 'romantic knights' with 'true knights'.

There's nothing TRUE about a romantic knight, for once, they have never existed at all.

Brienne. I don't care about the fact that she isn't even a knight, she's still the truest knight that ever lived! Dunk, Davos and Edmure are true kinghts too.

It was an order from the Crown prince. Barristan Selmy and other KG also killed innocent people because they was ordered to do so.

That's true, but we're talking about true knights here. I'm sorry but anyone who kills an innocent child is nothing less than dark grey to me and definitely not a true knight. And no, I don't consider Barristan a true knight either.

Do we definitely have dirt on Dunk other than the fact he may or may not have been knighted? I mean if we are really going by Westorsi laws I'm pretty sure the gods are supposed to judge you for everything during your trial by combat, thus he gotta pass on possibly lying about knighthood? :leaving:

Anyway, true knight to me is always Dunk and maybe Davos. Don't know if this will change with new D&E and winds of winter though.

He clearly was heroic to the end at Summerhall, whatever he did there, according to TWoIaF.

And Baelor Breakspear :commie:

Brienne. I don't care about the fact that she isn't even a knight, she's still the truest knight that ever lived! Dunk, Davos and Edmure are true kinghts too.

That's true, but we're talking about true knights here. I'm sorry but anyone who kills an innocent child is nothing less than dark grey to me and definitely not a true knight. And no, I don't consider Barristan a true knight either.

What Innocent people did Barristan kill?

Archived